Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why but that made me imagine a CryptTV scare zone.. i would love to see that too :grin:
Way ahead of myself, but I’m expecting CryptTV to have a house in Hollywood in the next couple years. The HHN Hollywood folks and CryptTV have been rubbing elbows since 2018 I believe.

I would bet money on Orlando never getting a house based on a YouTube series ever, though

Reactions: ghostface
Rumor on Twitter is it could be an official podcast. Don’t know how reliable that is though.

That would be REALLY interesting. Maybe weekly have the creative team talk about a house for this year (still announce them regularly as the GP sure isn't going to be listening to podcasts) in a non-spoiler way. Just what they were excited about, any challenges, etc. Then, post event, maybe have them talk specifics about the houses like how they engineered some of the scares, why they picked/omitted scenes from the IPs, and maybe some of the audience feedback about the houses. I'd love something like that, but that's basically doing what the UTH tour does, but direct from the horses mouth, without physically seeing the stuff in front of you.

The official podcast done for No Time to Die was interesting (before they moved the release date). It’s also a more efficient use of the creators’ time to do one podcast instead of several. Unfortunately, you also get very predictable and intentional content.

The official podcast done for No Time to Die was interesting (before they moved the release date). It’s also a more efficient use of the creators’ time to do one podcast instead of several. Unfortunately, you also get very predictable and intentional content.

I really enjoyed The Good Place official podcast. 20-30 minute episodes with each announcement about stories and info would be welcome in a world of a million instant reaction, news, and review podcasts.

At what point do we stop pretending the lore is that important to Universal?

I've been going for quite a while, and I really don't care about the lore. I feel like HHN Super Nerds are like Marvel Super Nerds. I go see any of the Marvel movies and I enjoy them...then I hear/read about all the nerd easter eggs, and how they're CLEARLY teasing a future super villain and all that stuff. I don't read the comics. I really don't care, but I still enjoy the Marvel movies for the 2 hours I'm watching it. Same with HHN. I don't care about where Jack is at the moment, is he in Fear's Lantern or is he in jail or is he in Hell or somewhere else? I don't care. HHN XX we found out about Fear and his lantern. Cool. 5 years later Jack is back and apparently out of the lantern. OK, cool. Now the icons are back, but not really back, this is just a "greatest hits" compilation and not a new album from your favorite band. Maybe they're dead and it's like the 10th posthumous compilation album from Tupac. Got it, cool.

I have no problem with anybody who loves the lore...good for them. I might even be slightly envious as I don't have that encylopedic knowledge of the event. I go like 3-5 nights a year and that's it. BUT, if they were to do a podcast is small 30min increments talking about the history of the event and the lore, going in chronological order and maybe spending one episode per person or year, that would be great. I know there are some good podcasts out there that sorta do this, often spread out by moths, but it's mostly super fans talking off the top of their head and jumping around, getting off point, and not really helping a novice understand it...it's more like shooting the poop with other super fans at a bar. A semi-scripted, short, and concise podcast from Universal itself wwould be great. Especially if it's a "what you need to know heading into this year's event" type deal, that would be amazing.

Way ahead of myself, but I’m expecting CryptTV to have a house in Hollywood in the next couple years. The HHN Hollywood folks and CryptTV have been rubbing elbows since 2018 I believe.

I would bet money on Orlando never getting a house based on a YouTube series ever, though

Worth pointing out (for those that don't know the background) that both Blumhouse and Eli Roth are major investors in CryptTV. The company has been working to raise its profile over the past several years by expanding its long-form scripted content (think Birch on Facebook Watch) and creating partnerships with existing brands (Crypt Monster skins in Dead by Daylight). They obviously have some relationship with Horror Nights already, as their shorts have appeared in Hollywood's queue videos and Terror Tram queue. Some sort of attraction or more prominent tie-in is probably something they would be very interested in.

Food for thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.