Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing a pretty big one...

But also, there's the chance that it is an original. Heck, I would be fine with bringing back Asylum in Wonderland.
Asylum in Wonderland is actually one of my favorites of all time so I would be ecstatic! Also I have no idea what big one you’re talking about I haven’t been on this thread for awhile lol

I’m guessing the Billie replacement will either be Halloween 3 or Invisible Man
I honestly don't see Invisible Man given it's female domestic abuse content as well already having Frankenstein & Dracula brides - that's a lot of UCMs in one year. But, who knows - anything is possible I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: cenobyte
I honestly don't see Invisible Man given it's female abuse content as well already having Frankenstein & Dracula brides - that's a lot of UCMs in one year. But, who knows - anything is possible I suppose.

Invisible Man was on the lineup for Hollywood, but it was -just- Hollywood. Movie's great, but it's not one I'd want a house of due to the angle of it.

Invisible Man was on the lineup for Hollywood, but it was -just- Hollywood. Movie's great, but it's not one I'd want a house of due to the angle of it.
I was honestly pretty lukewarm on the movie, and I don't think it would make for a very good house tbh. Just my opinion, but I'd much prefer an original or another IP over it. It would be one that I'd likely skip unless there was no line and I had done everything else I wanted to.

Reactions: hidepak
As far as Invisible Man, I don't know that the content would be that big of an issue. They don't have to show the domestic abuse aspects in the house.

I'm more concerned with how that house would be executed.

Reactions: Darko and Clive
As far as Invisible Man, I don't know that the content would be that big of an issue. They don't have to show the domestic abuse aspects in the house.

I actually think the content would be a big issue. Horror fans going to the event inevitably root for the bad guys, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Klowns, etc. The more creative the scares and kills, the better. So to have you "rooting" for the invisible man, enjoying his kills, enjoying his scares, etc in this day and age, just having ONE victim of abuse saying that they were offended and hurt and the real pain they experienced/continue to experience in manifested in this character in a house that people are actively rooting for....That could be "very problematic". Hell, people are going back 20 years watching old David Letterman interviews pointing out problems with them. If you think there won't be past victims of domestic abuse and slowflakes just looking for the next thing they can cancel (and I'm clearly delineating the two, not lumping them together at all) that latch onto this, I think you're greatly mistaken. They don't even need to attend, just announce that you are having the house and twitter will be filled with "Wow, why is Universal glorifying domestic abuse!?!?!?" comments that will take on a life of their own.

It's not worth the risk when there are literally thousands of other horror IPs to choose from that don't carry that potential. It's just too hot of a topic at this moment (yes, I realize Freddy is an alleged child molester, though I think the remake portrayed him as wrongly accused?, Michael as a child stabbed his sister to death with scissors, and Leatherface murders people and wears their skin on his face, and Clowns trick children into liking/trusting them and put them into cacoons and drink their guts. They're all bad, but not just an incidiary topic at the moment).

I actually think the content would be a big issue. Horror fans going to the event inevitably root for the bad guys, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Klowns, etc. The more creative the scares and kills, the better. So to have you "rooting" for the invisible man, enjoying his kills, enjoying his scares, etc in this day and age, just having ONE victim of abuse saying that they were offended and hurt and the real pain they experienced/continue to experience in manifested in this character in a house that people are actively rooting for....That could be "very problematic". Hell, people are going back 20 years watching old David Letterman interviews pointing out problems with them. If you think there won't be past victims of domestic abuse and slowflakes just looking for the next thing they can cancel (and I'm clearly delineating the two, not lumping them together at all) that latch onto this, I think you're greatly mistaken. They don't even need to attend, just announce that you are having the house and twitter will be filled with "Wow, why is Universal glorifying domestic abuse!?!?!?" comments that will take on a life of their own.

It's not worth the risk when there are literally thousands of other horror IPs to choose from that don't carry that potential. It's just too hot of a topic at this moment (yes, I realize Freddy is an alleged child molester, though I think the remake portrayed him as wrongly accused?, Michael as a child stabbed his sister to death with scissors, and Leatherface murders people and wears their skin on his face, and Clowns trick children into liking/trusting them and put them into cacoons and drink their guts. They're all bad, but not just an incidiary topic at the moment).
You lost me at "snowflakes"

Also - the remake suggested the idea that he was wrongly accused but it became clear towards the end that he was guilty.

Divorcing the domestic abuse aspect of Invisible Man (2020) undercuts the entire theme of the movie and would be pretty offensive to actual domestic abuse survivors. It'd be better just to ignore the film and do a UCM Invisible Man house without the baggage.

Hollywood was not getting invisible man last year so I highly doubt we are this year. It was a good movie but y’all gotta realize it’s over a year old now and nobody is talking about it anymore.

I’m still really shocked that the CANDYMAN rumors from last year never seemed to be a possibility even. Could be a really unique house and be used for synergy.

The Invisible Man debate was a rough one last year, if Universal decides to make a mockery of domestic abuse victims by turning that trauma into a Halloween haunted attraction, the backlash will be fierce—and deservedly so.

However, I really don’t think we have anything to worry about because I genuinely think Universal would not be so shortsighted to make that house.

...and slowflakes just looking for the next thing they can cancel

You are talking about a film that deals with domestic abuse. I thought it was an unexpectedly great film but if people got pissed at Uni for using the topic it wouldn't be anything 'snowflake' related. Please stop.

Also Candyman should absolutely be on the table - Universal already has a good relationship with Monkey Paw.
I would kill for a house of the original Candyman house. I wrote the concepts down somewhere.

Some people will never get tired of saying that stuff

Also Candyman should absolutely be on the table - Universal already has a good relationship with Monkey Paw.
I didn’t even want to bring it up since it wasn’t even on the table last year but like why was it not? Even if the film has touchy subjects involving racism or anything they could easily just turn it into a normal slasher house.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Also, since we’re bringing up the whole Invisible Man argument again, even without the domestic abuse stuff, how would it even work? How would that be scary in an HHN setting?

It’s be super effects-based to the point where it’d probably get old quick and then, oh no, a guy made of cameras! I get that it was a great horror film, but great horror films aren’t all made to be HHN houses. It’s called the Invisible Man for a reason.

Also, since we’re bringing up the whole Invisible Man argument again, even without the domestic abuse stuff, how would it even work? How would that be scary in an HHN setting?

It’s be super effects-based to the point where it’d probably get old quick and then, oh no, a guy made of cameras! I get that it was a great horror film, but great horror films aren’t all made to be HHN houses. It’s called the Invisible Man for a reason.
Invisible Man should have been a room in Classic Monsters, and been the one from the classic movie, obvs. I think an incredibly special-effects based house could be something really special, but Ghostbusters proved that houses reliant on those kind of effects break down and lose their wonder very, very quickly. At least IMO.

I'm just strictly against them using Invisible Man for obvious reasons. Movies like Candyman where its message are an underlying theme as opposed to the main plot are okay. A movie where the main antagonist is a domestic abuser is very, very different.

Some people will never get tired of saying that stuff

I'm interested in the new Candyman film. I liked Get Out quite a bit. Didn't like Us. Intrigued to see how Peele does when he's a big part but NOT the director. I rewatched the original recently and let's just say it hasn't aged particularly well imo. But, for a house, you have a scary dude with a hook and victims all about - and that's enough to build a house around. If a Candyman house were to come, I'd be all for having like half the house be the old movie and transition into the new one since it's supposedly a direct sequel to the original. But, I'd be pretty psyched for it either way. Certainly not my favorite film franchise that I want to come to HHN (cough, cough Hellrasier), but I think the movie lends to a potentially strong slasher house for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.