Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first year of ST, didn't opening night sell out? Or was it just at capacity?
I'm not sure, I don't remember the even selling out beyond 2018 and 2019's Hell Week

I remember IOA hitting capacity a few times when the event was over there..but that was also during Hell Week

I personally would avoid that week at all costs

What factors are they looking at to gauge the success of an icon? Solely merch sales? Or survey responses as well?

Combo of what you said + ticket spending relative to Jack-centric marketing costs. Not sure how granular they really look at it since it’s a small part of the overall event, but if they really wanted to I’m sure there’s a team somewhere that looks at conversion of ticket sales deflecting from Jack-focused online media compared to more generic or IP-focused media.

I mean if they do the same increase this year that’ll be around $520 plus tax. I think once this is all out the base passes will get a modest increase while the Express options really shoot up.

It really depends on how you look at it. I could just as easily turn around and say that Universal NOT maximizing their revenue by hitting price equal to demand is taking away from the value of single day tickets.

Let’s say it’s $100 to get in and that gets me on all ten haunted houses…cool, $10/haunted house I’ll say that’s a good value.

But if I go on a night with thousands of FFP’s in the park, I only get on 5 houses…the effective price of my ticket just doubled. So protecting the value of the FFP’s really is almost a zero sum game.

Crowds will always detract from value, so it’s just a matter of perspective as to what has to give to ensure a good guest experience. Personally, I think it’s irresponsible for a publicly-traded company to ever leave money on the table so yeah, I’d say increase the price of FFP’s.

• Haha
Reactions: snayberry
Historically I believe, the 3 and 6 house tours always go to different houses

No, that's more recent. The 3 house tours had at least 2 of the houses the same as the full one. And maybe the third was a different one but not always. Or at least that's what I remember from when I started going (HHN 19)

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
I will say this regarding the UTH tours:

Historically, the guides are given a little leeway on what they want to showcase, and base it slightly based on the members and size of the group that they have.

Case in point, during our tour in 2016, we had a smaller group that consisted of several of us that were well versed in HHN already (already done the tour a few times). Almost no tours went through Tomb of the Ancients. Mostly due to the limited space in there, but also because groups were usually more interested in seeing IP houses.

I was shocked when our guide took us over to that tent, and let him know how surprised I was. He basically said what I already stated. That they're given suggested houses, but determined that we were a small enough group to go throw Tomb, and most of us would get a kick out of seeing an original house.

TLDR: Most tours will feature a similar mix of houses, but can very depending on the guide's whim. If you're interested in seeing a certain house, I would mention it when your group first convenes.

I will say this regarding the UTH tours:

Historically, the guides are given a little leeway on what they want to showcase, and base it slightly based on the members and size of the group that they have.

Case in point, during our tour in 2016, we had a smaller group that consisted of several of us that were well versed in HHN already (already done the tour a few times). Almost no tours went through Tomb of the Ancients. Mostly due to the limited space in there, but also because groups were usually more interested in seeing IP houses.

I was shocked when our guide took us over to that tent, and let him know how surprised I was. He basically said what I already stated. That they're given suggested houses, but determined that we were a small enough group to go throw Tomb, and most of us would get a kick out of seeing an original house.

TLDR: Most tours will feature a similar mix of houses, but can very depending on the guide's whim. If you're interested in seeing a certain house, I would mention it when your group first convenes.
Universal confirmed each tour has different houses this year.

Reactions: RevFreako
All sizes are back in stock online...

So I've seen a lot of posts on the increase of ticket prices, and speculation on the increase of FFPs. I kind of just want to point out two things.
A), Universal has increased their base pay for all team members, and (while it was long overdue, and could still be higher) should be applauded for doing so. Therefore, one would expect to see an increase in prices for some things.
B), The mouse just charged suckers $200 for a single ticket to a very watered down Halloween event. And I do mean VERY watered down.
Universal and Disney have been charging prices far above other parks for years now and have huge attendance. They can afford to pay everyone with the current prices if they wanted to but prob would love to blame increases on wages going up.

Reactions: Daza and RevFreako
Status
Not open for further replies.