Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 347 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean….as of last night there was no word, rumor or otherwise, that plexiglass would be installed in the houses. The question was asked multiple times during the rehearsal process and various levels of management made no mention of it returning. There is only one other rehearsal night which is also the executive walkthrough. To install the glass now would mean adjusting all the blocking for the performers and allowing extra time on that day to rehearse it. As close as we are to the event, it would basically be confirmed by now. But as always, anything can happen and the rumor mill loves to stir the pot.

You'd think having a year to anticipate potentially needing to incorporate plexiglass would mean that it might be a bit more seamless, but that might be too optimistic a take. I didn't experience last year, so I don't have an informed opinion, but it doesn't feel like it should be world-shattering?

Wish I could cancel my trip now. Pulled the trigger on everything being as close to normal as possible, and was willing to accept face masks being part of the deal. Plexiglass dramatically reduces the scares and it’d be smarter to require both guests and performers be vaccinated instead. Plexiglass is useless.

Wish I could cancel my trip now. Pulled the trigger on everything being as close to normal as possible, and was willing to accept face masks being part of the deal. Plexiglass dramatically reduces the scares and it’d be smarter to require both guests and performers be vaccinated instead. Plexiglass is useless.

Literally the only reason I’m not canceling is for social reasons.

Reactions: JawsVictim
I might be over analyzing….Soooo, are you saying it might not be completely truthful?

He means the chaos of having to implement this last minute change. Installing all the plexiglass, retraining the scareactors, and dealing with the fan backlash. Chaos galore.

I also wonder if the houses end up understaffed because of this. I’d quit if I found out in the middle of rehearsals that I’m now stuck behind plexiglass and can’t do my thing.

My post is poorly worded. The decision for plexi is part of larger decision making. They expect the decision to decrease GSATs. They’re fine with it. They need the largest talent pool possible. That’s why they’re not requiring vaccines. The decision for plexi is part of several decisions. It’s not made in a vacuum. (It may be a poor decision—but it’s still not made in a vacuum.)
Yes that would be a terrible idea to make a decision in a vaccum, there's no oxygen

As far as the plexi goes, I hope it's better integrated than it was last year

Obvious scares were obvious

I'll say again I'm surprised more nets and protection isn't offered in the houses

Seems pretty mind-boggling to me that they would go back to plexi before making guests wear a mask for literally 3-4 minutes while they walk through the house. Not only would that be a lot more effective in keeping the scare actors safe, but it would make the experience better. Seems like a total no-brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.