Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think the food booths are good but could have been great with just a little more effort. Different paint colors for each house would be nice. I know that “tacky” was probably the intended look for the decorations but the graphics do look kind of low-effort. I’m also not a huge fan of how blown-out the blacklight/purple lighting is in the nighttime photos, but I’ll reserve judgement on lighting until I see it in person. Regardless, I still think they’re awesome, and if this is the direction the event is headed theming wise in future years I’m excited for it.

I get what they are trying for with the store bought window decorations. But the better approach seems like it would have been to stick with the vintage Halloween motif. They already nailed it once in the IoA store. More Michaels/Hobby Lobby, less Spirit/Dollar Store.

91xYt0+HCTL._AC_SX425_.jpg

VERSUS

5d4a6a52325dfd0ee6e1be03-large.jpg

I mean, I need a question first. :lol:
1. Was this how they planned announcement season all along? Or was it all jumbled up and originally had a cohesive plan?
2. How early in advance did you guys know about the Weeknd coming?
3. Were there any red herrings put out there on purpose this year?

For so many years we just had plain white tents with signs that said "beer" or whatever food was being sold. These booth designs serve their purpose this year, and I think come nighttime/during the event nobody's really going to be paying attention to their "cheap" halloween store door hangs anyway.

Now, questions for @Brian G. :

1. Was there some specific reason why the houses released on such weird intervals?
2. What kinds of rumors/spec did you hear surrounding the two shows? Feels like those have been kinda quiet, although I'm sure there's been some overnight testing with the audio that someone must've heard.
3. Any IPs that seemed to have a real footing this spec season but just didn't pan out?

I'll ask on one. The Weeknd.

Given the high stakes of this Brand; one would've thought Universal would've had it in a false name, right? Especially given how huge Abel is currently.

1. Was this how they planned announcement season all along? Or was it all jumbled up and originally had a cohesive plan?
2. How early in advance did you guys know about the Weeknd coming?
3. Were there any red herrings put out there on purpose this year?

1. Outside of a couple of changes, the announcement season was planned this way.
2. Early. That was the one all the rumormongers were pushing as the "Odd" addition.
3. I think a few. Some spec was just outright wrong, too. No way to know for sure.

Now, questions for @Brian G. :

1. Was there some specific reason why the houses released on such weird intervals?
2. What kinds of rumors/spec did you hear surrounding the two shows? Feels like those have been kinda quiet, although I'm sure there's been some overnight testing with the audio that someone must've heard.
3. Any IPs that seemed to have a real footing this spec season but just didn't pan out?

1. Just the way they planned it.
2. The 2 shows were pretty much "known", just didn't know the gimmick.
3. Well, there was one that was coming, until it wasn't. :lol:

I'll ask on one. The Weeknd.

Given the high stakes of this Brand; one would've thought Universal would've had it in a false name, right? Especially given how huge Abel is currently.

Maybe they thought no one would believe it? IDK for sure. I'm going to guess that it was so out of left field, that it caused the rumor to spread quicker, and "too much smoke" led to everyone realizing it was legit.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't say the house/zone graphics are reduction of quality, just a different style. As far as the Food Booths... the goal is kitschy decorations that you would see in neighborhoods, but it's not hitting the intended mark.

And now that it's all said and done... Does anyone want some clarification from the Spec season? I'll answer what I can.
I have a few, if that's alright!

1) I remember Clive mentioned Blumhouse was bleeping on and off the radar for a while, and the alternative sounded a lot better. Do you know what said alternative might've been?

2) Was Nope ever considered?

3) The family friendly rumors, we know that's because of Casper. Was he ever gonna have a house or zone, or just always part of merch? Or, perhaps... Scooby?

4) Not a question, more a statement: LET THE HHN 32 SPECULATION BEGIN! (pls nu ban)

1. Outside of a couple of changes, the announcement season was planned this way.
2. Early. That was the one all the rumormongers were pushing as the "Odd" addition.
3. I think a few. Some spec was just outright wrong, too. No way to know for sure.
So, that answers my lingering question about which one of the properties was "more polarizing than eilish". Also that's probably why they sent out that HUGE survey with lots of....... properties

I have a few, if that's alright!

1) I remember Clive mentioned Blumhouse was bleeping on and off the radar for a while, and the alternative sounded a lot better. Do you know what said alternative might've been?

2) Was Nope ever considered?

3) The family friendly rumors, we know that's because of Casper. Was he ever gonna have a house or zone, or just always part of merch? Or, perhaps... Scooby?

4) Not a question, more a statement: LET THE HHN 32 SPECULATION BEGIN! (pls nu ban)

1. Yes. Won't say. This is normal, though.
2. Nope. If you've seen the movie, you'll know why.
3. Casper was never planned as a house or zone. I guess someone saw him show up on the Screamer merch and assumed it was a lock. Scooby was just spec out of control. Those properties just skew toooo kiddie. It's not that there isn't house potential, it's just not a demographic they want for the event.
4. *groans in anguish*

So, that answers my lingering question about which one of the properties was "more polarizing than eilish". Also that's probably why they sent out that HUGE survey with lots of....... properties

It's also possible some of the bad spec caused that talk, too. (See #3 above)

This is more of a question to myself - because I assume it's not something that can be answered.

Were The Last of Us and Fear Street ever actually on the table? lol

I mean, I need a question first. :lol:
1. Was a Netflix property never planned or did something actually happen with Fear Street/ST?
2. Had you known for awhile that Pumpkin Lord was set to be the (pseudo)icon or wasthat a later add thanks to fan reaction?
3. Was there originally meant to be an IP scarezone?

1. Was a Netflix property never planned or did something actually happen with Fear Street/ST?
2. Had you known for awhile that Pumpkin Lord was set to be the (pseudo)icon or wasthat a later add thanks to fan reaction?
3. Was there originally meant to be an IP scarezone?

1. Netflix just wasn't in the cards this year. There wasn't any fallout like some have assumed.
2. So, I think the traditional Halloween gimmick was the goal from their initial planning stages; but the popularity of the Pumpkin Lord and Lil Boo made them easy to slide in.
3. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.