Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumblings : Not sure if any of this has been said...I have zero time to check.

Horrors of Halloween is like 20% done. They're taking FULL advantage of no parade, so be prepared for Wicked Growth in a Scarezone

Scarecrow: We're getting a barn!! A mini-barn, but a barn nonetheless!

Yep. Lots of this was discussed by the Entertainment team on the Discover Universal podcast that just came out. Definitely legit and not just a rumor.

Superstar Parade is no more. A new parade is coming, but not for a couple of years.
The day time parade has been shut down, so HHN doesn't have to worry about removing props every night and then moving them back for the next day's event. HHN can have larger/immobile props again.

EDIT - damn, beat by seconds. Ha ha ha.

So my dream came true, finally, what I kept asking for all this time lol. And I didn't even know
O m g :dance:

Reactions: Shinigami
Is anyone considered about how cheap some of the logos look this year? I’m concerned it may be a sign of Universal investing less in the event or reducing the overall quality of it. The scare zone logos in particular look very cheap. For example, compare 2017’s Scarecrow logo to the new logo. You’d assume that after five years the quality would have increased, but the new logo looks far cheaper/tackier than the old one.

Attachments

• 1C1E362F-ACDC-409E-A7CF-E68FF362F0A7.png
    1C1E362F-ACDC-409E-A7CF-E68FF362F0A7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 18FD9C7E-71FA-4313-A377-E0CB15635DFC.jpeg
    18FD9C7E-71FA-4313-A377-E0CB15635DFC.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 56
I don’t see what you see in even that one. I think the logos all look great! And they created a new logo for Scarecrow. Looks to me like they changed and added to the old logo quite a lot. They could’ve easily just straight up used the same logo with no change, but they didn’t. And the rest all look cool to me.

Is anyone considered about how cheap some of the logos look this year? I’m concerned it may be a sign of Universal investing less in the event or reducing the overall quality of it. The scare zone logos in particular look very cheap. For example, compare 2017’s Scarecrow logo to the new logo. You’d assume that after five years the quality would have increased, but the new logo looks far cheaper/tackier than the old one.

I don't love that it's so busy but quality decrease? Eh, idk. The actual house logos this year are also pretty tight. Like the 1950s aesthetic for Bugs and the clean designs on the Coven logo.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
I think some of the graphics on the food both are a bit concerning with how cheap they look as well.

With that being said, I LOVE the 50s look for Bugs: Eaten Alive, and I agree that the design for Spirits of the Coven is great too.

Attachments

• 7D59E05F-4658-4193-BDBC-AB86C7724CC6.jpeg
    7D59E05F-4658-4193-BDBC-AB86C7724CC6.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 50
Well another year done! Thank you mods, ik this is a hard job epically with this thread and us. Keep up the great work!

Thank you @Legacy. Spec season definitely won’t be the same without you.

Now see everyone and my “scream squad” in the fog!

Now where is the 32 spec. thread? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The food booths in the NY area are undeniably cheap, but I do think they make sense and are effective with what they’re supposed to be. Definitely think they’re supposed to be houses people are trick or treating at so it makes sense that they’re like cheap Halloween decor that people in this neighborhood would be decorating their house with. Cheap but effectively so.

Now where is the 32 spec. thread?

giphy.gif

I think some of the graphics on the food both are a bit concerning with how cheap they look as well.

With that being said, I LOVE the 50s look for Bugs: Eaten Alive, and I agree that the design for Spirits of the Coven is great too.

I wouldn't say the house/zone graphics are reduction of quality, just a different style. As far as the Food Booths... the goal is kitschy decorations that you would see in neighborhoods, but it's not hitting the intended mark.

And now that it's all said and done... Does anyone want some clarification from the Spec season? I'll answer what I can.

The food booths in the NY area are undeniably cheap, but I do think they make sense and are effective with what they’re supposed to be. Definitely think they’re supposed to be houses people are trick or treating at so it makes sense that they’re like cheap Halloween decor that people in this neighborhood would be decorating their house with. Cheap but effectively so.

Eh. I'm not a fan of the "it's cheap because it's supposed to look cheap" thematic justification. You can make them look like trick or treating spots without the generic warped graphics that look like they were put together in Microsoft paint.

To be clear, I think a lot of the graphics - particularly some of the house and zone logos - look really cool. But there's definitely a few with a noticeable drop-off in quality. I imagine they maybe lost some talent during the pandemic purge, which we are only starting to see/feel this year.

Eh. I'm not a fan of the "it's cheap because it's supposed to look cheap" thematic justification. You can make them look like trick or treating spots without the generic warped graphics that look like they were put together in Microsoft paint.

To be clear, I think a lot of the graphics - particularly some of the house and zone logos - look really cool. But there's definitely a few with a noticeable drop-off in quality. I imagine they maybe lost some talent during the pandemic purge, which we are only starting to see/feel this year.

They could have executed the theme better for sure, I think they’re alright at least, but yeah I get that.

Think it may have been better to just buy the door/window wraps from Spirit and the like.. :lol:

I don't think it looks great, but it's a food booth. No need for them to be the second coming of Mozart.

Also, there cheap like style brings a special type of fall fair style charm much like Sweet Revenge.
It might not be great looking, but at least it's cohesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.