Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure! And If they did happen to get Lost Boys, it could also help WB get some eyes on the upcoming remake/reboot (I'm pretty sure it's a remake but not 100%).

This is bordering on wishlist but I can't same to find the info - who owns the rights to Return of the Living Dead? That always seemed like it could be a perfect pick for a cult IP.
Given the past with Ghostbusters and beetlejuice if they went after a WB property this year I feel like it would have to be gremlins! But with chucky happening they may not want 2 puppet heavy houses

Given the past with Ghostbusters and beetlejuice if they went after a WB property this year I feel like it would have to be gremlins! But with chucky happening they may not want 2 puppet heavy houses
Gremlins is on my Christmas movie list and I often forget how much it looks like an HHN house from lighting to set design

Plus several of the scenes would be easily translatable

Depending on the way they go, they could have the Chucky Puppets more in "key" moments, while the rest are possessed people by that of the Cult/Army (and Tiffany vibing) from the TV show.

NiChucky, Tiffany, G&G, and the Counselor come to mind. Heck that number could vary depending on the scenario that they have written, depending on if it's a traditional adaptation of the show or something more like an Original-IP, where you could actually loosen and allow for more Possessed peoples.

Well that’s certainly a hint. I definitely missed that last time I was there a couple weeks ago. That definitely seems more blatant than I thought it would be.

There's also the fact they've been making moves to make space in Hollywood. First, they closed the Williams of Hollywood Prop Shop, then they closed the Darkroom which is right next to WoH, and now the UOAP Lounge is moving out of the former Studio Styles which happens to be next to the Darkroom. Take out a few walls, and you've now got a bit of space for a new tribute store.

Reactions: Darko
Chucky could have a puppet barker like they'd id in the scare zone as the entrance to the house. Boom got your Chucky.

It's happening.

I could absolutely see this happening on both coasts.

Convincing Chucky puppets are very expensive. They aren't quite like the large beast rigs built by for stuff like American Werewolf or Alien vs. Predator. They'd have to be pretty sophisticated to not look goofy. Not saying they can't/won't find a solution... but I expect very short girls to wear a costume as they did in 2009.

I could absolutely see this happening on both coasts.

Convincing Chucky puppets are very expensive. They aren't quite like the large beast rigs built by for stuff like American Werewolf or Alien vs. Predator. They'd have to be pretty sophisticated to not look goofy. Not saying they can't/won't find a solution... but I expect very short girls to wear a costume as they did in 2009.

Also the fact you need people who can realistically puppet the figures. Plus you want him to interact with people so that limits the people who can do it. Hell, maybe they should put him in the queue for entertainment. Who knows!

Hoipef
Also the fact you need people who can realistically puppet the figures. Plus you want him to interact with people so that limits the people who can do it. Hell, maybe they should put him in the queue for entertainment. Who knows!

Would be cool to see them do more for in-queue entertainment outside of projectors playing HHN advertisements and movie trailers.

I'm hoping they try to add more entertainment to the queues outside of just projections of HHN clips that have absolutely nothing to do with the current HHN. The Weeknd was at least enjoyable to be in.

To add another wrinkle, the "Chucky puppeteer" is a separate category under Hollywood's union. This is meant to cover the Insult Emporium performer who speaks and improvs - but I could see it being a possible complication if the puppeteering is fundamentally similar to what's been done in prior rigs, even if the dialogue/sounds are prerecorded.

But the 2009 house was pre-AWIL/puppetry. This doesn't mean this new Chucky house has to have puppets; it depends on the direction creative wants to go, but a wide variety of puppet tech is currently on the table compared to the past to represent the character.
Since then I believe they’ve used puppets in houses solely for non-human figures…like scary animals and stuff.

Really think about a version of the 2018 scare zone puppet popping out at you 10 times in a house…I think it would look hilariously corny.

Would be cool to see them do more for in-queue entertainment outside of projectors playing HHN advertisements and movie trailers.

I'm hoping they try to add more entertainment to the queues outside of just projections of HHN clips that have absolutely nothing to do with the current HHN. The Weeknd was at least enjoyable to be in.
I miss queue videos, man…

I miss queue videos, man…

There should be more pre-shows for the houses, and this is something they could do with Chucky. I guess most of them don’t feature them in the queue cause they don’t want to spoiler the experience for us before entering and walking through other than the budget costs.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Status
Not open for further replies.