Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very sad

Although, I don't think it's possible to not be sad upon reading that lol

I know some are turning down cause Scooby is a kids franchise and the controversies of the Velma series, but Hanna-Barbera is known to have some history with adult-oriented content. The Flintstones wasn’t considered as a kids show when it was new back in the 60’s, Shaggy is always a weird ass stoner in a secretive way as a humorous trait that kids wouldn’t notice but adults both do and get, and you even had spin-off shows that were also parodies on Cartoon Network, starting with Space Ghost: Coast To Coast along with the early Adult Swim shows that came later as spin-offs of Space Ghost within a spin-off like The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, and (though It’s a big stretch) Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
In regards to FNaF at this year’s event, the film is reportedly slated to finish principal photography in April 2023. TECHNICALLY it could release in October ‘23 or even September ‘23 but that turnaround time would be insane. I think it’s safe to say we probably won’t see the bear at HHN 32

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Sigh...

Confirmed:
- Chucky

Likely:
-
Universal Monsters (Possibly revolving around Dracula with Renfield coming out in 2023?)

Unlikely:
- Netflix properties (@Legacy said they wouldn't count on it and other signs are there as well such as Murdy mentioning that Netflix has been "doing their own thing")
- Doubling down on the above, Squid Game. Murdy explicitly stated it wasn't of interest to him due to the gun violence and I'd expect the same from Orlando
- Fox owned properties (looking at you Alien, Predator, The Fly, and Poltergeist)
- Halloween (again :lol:)
- Scooby, Grinch, Winnie the Pooh, etc. :)_:)

Movies Coming Out In 2023 That Could Fit:
- Saw X
- M3GAN (Possible Blumhouse house inclusion? Would they want to double down on "doll" houses?)
- Scream VI (rights have always been a mess here)
- Insidious 5 (Possible Blumhouse house inclusion?)
- The Exorcist reboot (Possible Blumhouse house inclusion? Worth revisiting again already?)
- The Strangers reboot (Made several appearances at HHN19. Lionsgate is no stranger to HHN)

Other Possibilities:
- Another musical artist?
- Five Nights At Freddy's (Movie is picking up steam, but very unlikely to release this year. Might be worth keeping an eye out for 2024 instead. As Aiello answered at Blumfest 2022 in regards to the possibility, "I can’t answer that, but here’s what I will say. I’m not gonna say yes; I’m not gonna say no. What I’m gonna say is we have a relationship with Blumhouse. ")
- Warner Brothers properties (Very volatile right now. Can it be done?)

Additional Notes:
- All but confirmed to be 10 houses this year again.
- Tribute Store appears to be moving from NY to Hollywood

Last edited:
In regards to FNaF at this year’s event, the film is reportedly slated to finish principal photography in April 2023. TECHNICALLY it could release in October ‘23 or even September ‘23 but that turnaround time would be insane. I think it’s safe to say we probably won’t see the bear at HHN 32

Yeah, I couldn’t see It happen for 32; The Last of Us is the only video game IP that has the best shot of being there as a house despite being based on the TV series. 33 sounds like a better time for FNAF, since you have several other IP’s fighting for the remaining slots while two or three are reserved for Chucky, the Monsters, and maybe The Weeknd.

Reactions: reeseyNG
I would actually argue we're in a position where WB properties may be more gettable than they were. The company is looking to generate cash wherever they can, so if they can license out a horror IP for some $$ (plus bring what is essentially free advertising to the property), they'll probably do it. The exception there is likely (and unfortunately) The Conjuring franchise due to the ongoing legal disputes.

Knowing what I know about Insidious V, I think it'd be tough for it to become a maze on its own. Could maybe work as a component of another Horrors of Blumhouse.

EDIT: Another important factor re: Insidious - Insidious 4, which appeared on both coasts, was distributed by Universal. Insidious V is a Sony release, so while still presumably gettable, the same synergy opportunity (and ease of access) does not exist.

Last edited:
I would actually argue we're in a position where WB properties may be more gettable than they were. The company is looking to generate cash wherever they can, so if they can license out a horror IP for some $$ (plus bring what is essentially free advertising to the property), they'll probably do it. The exception there is likely (and unfortunately) The Conjuring franchise due to the ongoing legal disputes.

Knowing what I know about Insidious V, I think it'd be tough for it to become a maze on its own. Could maybe work as a component of another Horrors of Blumhouse.

EDIT: Another important factor re: Insidious - Insidious 4, which appeared on both coasts, was distributed by Universal. Insidious V is a Sony release, so while still presumably gettable, the same synergy opportunity (and ease of access) does not exist.
I thought the same honestly. When a company is in cost-cutting mode, they'll make money anyway possible. And I imagine there aren't any costs associated with your IP being featured at HHN.

As mentioned previously - The Lost Boys could be a good fit for this. A nearly dead IP that isn't making them any money could be flipped to make money.

Reactions: Fear2010

One solution they could consider is to offer to create a Blumhouse compilation house based off of the two Sony Blumhouse releases next year, Insidious 5 and They Listen, while giving M3GAN and Exorcist their own houses. It lets Uni preserve the full-house and marketing spotlight for *their* Blumhouse movies, it makes Blum happy by giving him three houses, and it probably convinces Sony to give them a buzzy property for cheap since they can convincingly argue it's free advertisement for their horror slate (this is probably more likely to happen at Hollywood due to their IP focus, admittedly).

I thought the same honestly. When a company is in cost-cutting mode, they'll make money anyway possible. And I imagine there aren't any costs associated with your IP being featured at HHN.

As mentioned previously - The Lost Boys could be a good fit for this. A nearly dead IP that isn't making them any money could be flipped to make money.

I think the chaos at WB can be an exciting opportunity but on the flipside, we saw this year how it can mess up plans. It's hard to do, say, Salem's Lot when the company constantly shifts it on and off its slate. Could be a great opportunity to bring on some older titles though, like as you say Lost Boys or IT.

I think the chaos at WB can be an exciting opportunity but on the flipside, we saw this year how it can mess up plans. It's hard to do, say, Salem's Lot when the company constantly shifts it on and off its slate. Could be a great opportunity to bring on some older titles though, like as you say Lost Boys or IT.
For sure! And If they did happen to get Lost Boys, it could also help WB get some eyes on the upcoming remake/reboot (I'm pretty sure it's a remake but not 100%).

This is bordering on wishlist but I can't same to find the info - who owns the rights to Return of the Living Dead? That always seemed like it could be a perfect pick for a cult IP.

Reactions: Fear2010
There’s a rumor floating around about the Tribute Store moving down to the Hollywood area that will be a little bigger than It’s current location. If true, will they use the Mummy space as queues and exits for the houses or they’re gonna restore it back to the way It was?

The only downside I see Is even if It’s about to be relocated, It’ll still be crowded with a bottleneck the other way around.

Last edited:
There’s rumor floating around about the Tribute Store moving down to the Hollywood area that will be a little bigger than It’s current location. If true, will they use the Mummy space as queues and exits for the houses or they’re gonna restore it back to the way It was?

The only downside I see Is even if It’s about to be relocated, It’ll still be crowded with a bottleneck the other way around.
I figured the Mummy extended queue would be used as an Epic Universe preview center.

How much weight is there behind the Tribute Store moving rumor? I’m curious what location there it would be in and how it will effect crowd flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.