Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post super often, and this is probably more directed at posts from further in the past (the odd ones projecting doom and gloom,) but I'd just like to offer some unsolicited advice to my fellow Horror Nights fans with killer passion for the event. Here's the deal, and please don't get it twisted -- for anyone feeling unhinged...

Try to collect your emotions and not to get your blood boiling over things that have yet to come. With some proper planning, everyone's fate is nearly guaranteed: a great time.

Someone already mentioned doing Stay & Scream and brought up the harsh adjustment your eyes go through transitioning from bright sunlight to the dark haunted houses... I know it doesn't get dark very early in the evening in summer, but the situation definitely gets better as the event drag on. Obviously, you can't block out the light at its' origin, but wearing sunglasses and shielding your eyes before entering your first couple of houses should help. Optimally, I think I'd choose to ship off on my HHN32 expedition sometime in October.iykyk

Somehow, this post ^^ seems more poignant now.

Yes houses are fine I guess, but where's the food/merch reveals? /sarcasm

I'm very excited for Universal monsters. I've never seen Dr Jekyll as part of the main Universal Monsters group and adding him and Invisible Man to Phantom sounds like a good time.

Exorcist Believer makes synergy sense. Hopefully it's good. I liked the director's Halloween trilogy but the trailer didn't do much for me.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Are we still thinking this house is tied to the peacock series?
View attachment 19354
I’m wondering if it’s just a best of chucky house based off that description. At least i hope it is… I have no intention on watching the syfy series lol. Absolutely stacked lineup this year.

Also … no mention of diagon. Wonder if they’ll announce that alongside food/Merch drops, or if they’ll never announce it akin to the Springfield hoards

Reactions: saint.piss
More info on the IP houses from the Press Release:

The countdown begins for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood as the destinations announce additional all-new terrifying haunted houses, including “The Exorcist: Believer,” inspired by the new Universal Pictures film from Blumhouse and Morgan Creek Entertainment, “Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count” based on the popular USA & SYFY series, and “Universal Monsters: Unmasked,” inspired by Universal’s legacy of iconic cinematic monsters.

The terror kicks off at Universal Orlando Resort on Friday, September 1 and at Universal Studios Hollywood on Thursday, September 7. Below is a sneak peek at what to expect:

The Exorcist: Believer
Inspired by Universal Pictures’ terrifying new horror film from Blumhouse and Morgan Creek Entertainment (in theaters Friday, October 13), “The Exorcist: Believer” haunted house will unleash an entirely new level of terror to Halloween Horror Nights. In this new chapter, guests will be transported to a bustling street market in Haiti, where an innocent purchase of a strange folk doll with three eyes leads to the opening of a demonic portal, the awakening of sinister spirits and the subsequent disappearance of two 12-year-old girls in the U.S. The girls are found three days later with no memory of what happened to them. After the girls begin to exhibit unsettling behavior, it soon becomes clear that only an exorcism can save them – and everyone who comes in contact with them, including unwitting guests, is suddenly at risk of losing their souls.

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count
Inspired by the hit USA & SYFY series and cult classic films, “Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count” casts this killer doll as the star of his very own haunted house for the first time. A true sadistic killer, Chucky has been mired in the agony of disrespect he feels from his peers at not being taken seriously. Thus begins his quest to turn his haunted house into a living slaughterhouse by killing every person who enters.

Universal Monsters: Unmasked
Lurking sixty feet beneath the bustling streets of the City of Lights, the dank Catacombs of Paris house a much darker secret. . . The all-new haunted house “Universal Monsters: Unmasked” takes guests down into the infamous burial grounds where every corner and crevice overflows with millions of skeletal remains and even more sinister secrets. Deep within the Catacombs, Universal’s most notorious creatures – The Phantom of the Opera, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Dr. Jekyll and his deranged alternate personality Mr. Hyde, and Dr. Jack Griffin, aka The Invisible Man – also lie in wait as they bide their time and seek vengeance against guests after the opening of the Catacombs to public visitation. These desperate and dangerous fiends have become filled with a rage toward guests navigating the twisted tunnels of their underground labyrinth home. It is here, in the darkness, where they hunt these trespassers and where the sounds of guests’ screams will go unheard.

For anyone wondering how this official announcement compares to the name leaks from a few days ago....
Pretty close if you ask me!
Megan seems to be the only thing not announced from this pic and that exorcist is really exorcist believer.

20230723_152639-jpg.19334
M3GAN will still be at the event

Im curious on how they will tie dr. Oddfellow into all the different scare zones and then to the house.... Do we need to do the zones in a certain order then the house? hmmmmm

That “I Follow Oddfellow” blog post title that was accidentally posted a few weeks ago makes a bit more sense now - I’d imagine we’re following Dr. Oddfellow through time as he collects his oddities or something?

Reactions: Ahmanet and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.