Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one movie IP I’ve noticed that is not talked about but should be mention is Freaks. It’s considered as one of the best horror films from the 30’s, so I am wondering how house material it is and Its potential. WB owns the rights of the movies and animated shorts from the Golden era of MGM, and that particular movie I’ve mentioned is one of them.

If there is one movie IP I’ve noticed that is not talked about but should be mention is Freaks. It’s considered as one of the best horror films from the 30’s, so I am wondering how house material it is and Its potential. WB owns the rights of the movies and animated shorts from the Golden era of MGM, and that particular movie I’ve mentioned is one of them.
See… this is a wild guess post. It doesn’t even seem like you’ve seen the film and you’re bringing it up as speculation.

Universal won’t touch Freaks. The film is more of a domestic thriller and is notorious for featuring circus performers as the “horror” element. It’s a product of its time that Universal will leave there.

See… this is a wild guess post. It doesn’t even seem like you’ve seen the film and you’re bringing it up as speculation.

It’s one of those horror movies I’m planning to binge watch soon. Even if it remains untouched for being antiquated in today’s time, I’m kinda still wondering how much It could translate into a house though, especially the circus theme that Orlando has done before. To be fair, I wasn’t the first to thrown in a wild thought. My Bloody Valentine was mentioned in previous posts on this thread.

It’s one of those horror movies I’m planning to binge watch soon. Even if it remains untouched for being antiquated in today’s time, I’m kinda still wondering how much It could translate into a house though, especially the circus theme that Orlando has done before. To be fair, I wasn’t the first to thrown in a wild thought. My Bloody Valentine was mentioned in previous posts on this thread.
The wild thoughts, in general, are what we’re trying to avoid. And, at least, to My Bloody Valentine’s credit, that film has appeared at the event.

It’s one of the most controversial films in history and it’s not coming to HHN.

This line of thinking also is better off in the Wish List thread.

Moving back onto spec...

As others have said, Evil Dead Rise feels like a safe bet. House drop was due to the movie being delayed, it'll now be a theatrical release rather than straight-to-streaming, and that trailer looked pretty damn good and scary.

Another IP that I believe has been mentioned briefly, but I'm surprised hasn't gained more discussion is FNaF (I can hear the groans already). Obviously a big factor is Blumhouse making it, but also the movie begins filming February 1st and is set to wrap in April. The animatronics will not be CGI, but rather actual puppetry and animatronics done by Jim Henson's Creature Shop (Gremlins!), which leads me to think it can very easily be releasing this fall. That sounds ripe for a house that's been requested for a while (and also works as some synergy).

Phantom always made the most sense if they are/were going to do another Monsters house. He's been a hit every time he's appeared, so why not do a full house?

Moving back onto spec...

As others have said, Evil Dead Rise feels like a safe bet. House drop was due to the movie being delayed, it'll now be a theatrical release rather than straight-to-streaming, and that trailer looked pretty damn good and scary.

Another IP that I believe has been mentioned briefly, but I'm surprised hasn't gained more discussion is FNaF (I can hear the groans already). Obviously a big factor is Blumhouse making it, but also the movie begins filming February 1st and is set to wrap in April. The animatronics will not be CGI, but rather actual puppetry and animatronics done by Jim Henson's Creature Shop (Gremlins!), which leads me to think it can very easily be releasing this fall. That sounds ripe for a house that's been requested for a while (and also works as some synergy).

So, the big thing with FNaF is when it's going to be released, that's something we don't know and I honestly feel that'll determine when we could see it at HHN. If they somehow have a quick turnaround with editing and it releases in October, there might be a chance it could show up at HHN this year. However, I feel it'll release later than October, so a 2024 appearance would be far more likely. This is the kind of IP where the house ain't coming until the film is out. As I've said before, they wanna' get both the audience that's familiar with the games *and* the movie. Since if they were just going after those who're familiar with the games...we would already have a HHN house by now.

Phantom always made the most sense if they are/were going to do another Monsters house. He's been a hit every time he's appeared, so why not do a full house?

Really hoping for this as well. Thoroughly enjoyed his portion in the 29 Monsters house, excellent usage of mirrors and static distractions and was the scariest section for my group.

Not sure how to word this correctly, but in using recent "Theatre" themes, I wonder how A&D looks at using a "Theatre" setting for Phantom as they just used a "Theatre" theme for Puppet Theatre in 30, and how their mental/creative process works with a recent setting. But I guess you could contradict that with other uses such as 27 having "The Fallen" in a medieval sense compared to 29 with "Blood Pit", and numerous other similar settings.

Didn't someone once bring up having a theatre close to a waterfront or bay, in which the Phantom and the Creature could be intermingled?

Really hoping for this as well. Thoroughly enjoyed his portion in the 29 Monsters house, excellent usage of mirrors and static distractions and was the scariest section for my group.

Not sure how to word this correctly, but in using recent "Theatre" themes, I wonder how A&D looks at using a "Theatre" setting for Phantom as they just used a "Theatre" theme for Puppet Theatre in 30, and how their mental/creative process works with a recent setting. But I guess you could contradict that with other uses such as 27 having "The Fallen" in a medieval sense compared to 29 with "Blood Pit", and numerous other similar settings.

Didn't someone once bring up having a theatre close to a waterfront or bay, in which the Phantom and the Creature could be intermingled?
Using similar themes/motifs allows them to reuse props and set-pieces while they’re still serviceable.

I mean Dracula has a lot of synergy and even though it has nothing to do with Monsters, with the Reinfield movie coming out, vampires will be on people's brains. Dracula and Frankenstein are the most liked monsters, so I think they would definitely have him in the house again. Creature does not feel like an Orlando priority at this point...or my boy Invisible Man. :'(

I mean Dracula has a lot of synergy and even though it has nothing to do with Monsters, with the Reinfield movie coming out, vampires will be on people's brains. Dracula and Frankenstein are the most liked monsters, so I think they would definitely have him in the house again. Creature does not feel like an Orlando priority at this point...or my boy Invisible Man. :'(

An Invisible Man house would be such an interesting challenge, really hope one of the coasts tries it soon.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
An Invisible Man is something I’ve had been wondering about whether if they could pull it or not - It’s a tough one to do.

They could do it entirely in black lights to have him to do jump scares be guys in black clothes with only one pair of clothing on that is visible like a hat or shirt (Universal/HHN merchandise would make a perfect fourth wall break for this) and holding a knife to make it seem like it’s floating in a threatening matter with some Slasher elements as an update, but you know it’s the Invisible Man.

You also got some camouflaged scares and pitch black areas with some things touching you in the dark, and course some scares with him fully clothed with the bandages. It’s sounds like a very experimental approach.

This would also require black walls for the black light scares to work, so the actors could be behind them, which would be very hard to pull off without making the scares so obvious or making the sets small. You can’t really have a house that is entirely pitch black or have anyone touch you in the dark for safety reasons.

On paper, it sounds good as a camouflage house, but I don’t think it would really come off as the Invisible Man by execution cause it wouldn’t be easy to build all the sets for the scareactors to blend in with it other than making them with just walls patterned and painted or covered with black sheets and curtains.

That’s why I consider the Invisible Man to be the toughest character to do for a house, even with some interesting ideas together, you have to build the sets uniquely different to fit in some of the scares.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
An Invisible Man is something I’ve had been wondering about whether if they could pull it or not - It’s a tough one to do.

They could do it entirely in black lights to have him to do jump scares be guys in black clothes with only one pair of clothing on that is visible like a hat or shirt (Universal/HHN merchandise would make a perfect fourth wall break for this) and holding a knife to make it seem like it’s floating in a threatening matter with some Slasher elements as an update, but you know it’s the Invisible Man.

You also got some camouflaged scares and pitch black areas with some things touching you in the dark, and course some scares with him fully clothed with the bandages. It’s sounds like a very experimental approach.

This would also require black walls for the black light scares to work, so the actors could be behind them, which would be very hard to pull off without making the scares so obvious or making the sets small. You can’t really have a house that is entirely pitch black or have anyone touch you in the dark for safety reasons.

On paper, it sounds good as a camouflage house, but I don’t think it would really come off as the Invisible Man by execution cause it wouldn’t be easy to build all the sets for the scareactors to blend in with it other than making them with just walls patterned and painted or covered with black sheets and curtains.

That’s why I consider the Invisible Man to be the toughest character to do for a house, even with some interesting ideas together, you have to build the sets uniquely different to fit in some of the scares.
This, but all I ask for is a cameo in the wraps. It could all be so simple lol.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Not defending the thought of Freaks, but many of the elements of the movie were used in the Freakshow portion of 26's AHS house.
Conceptually, their use of the similar elements was very different. The “horror” of AHS was tied to the murders that occurred throughout within the trappings of the freak show. The “horror” of Freaks was more directly tied to the existence of the freaks and the fear of becoming “one of them.”

Context matters.

As I've said before, they wanna' get both the audience that's familiar with the games *and* the movie. Since if they were just going after those who're familiar with the games...we would already have a HHN house by now.
This is why I think we could actually see TLOU this year. Chernobyl was a big hit for HBO, so people who watched that will want to check out TLOU since it's being done by Craig Mazin. The people that love the games will already be excited for the house.

Of course, the series likely won't be finished releasing until maybe March? So that may be too late for them to secure rights.

This is why I think we could actually see TLOU this year. Chernobyl was a big hit for HBO, so people who watched that will want to check out TLOU since it's being done by Craig Mazin. The people that love the games will already be excited for the house.

Of course, the series likely won't be finished releasing until maybe March? So that may be too late for them to secure rights.

Warner/Discovery also really wants an influx of money wherever they can get it right now.

On the other hand, that whole company is a complete cluster right now. So, they may not want to commit to another partnership until they get themselves set back up and going the right direction.

Warner/Discovery also really wants an influx of money wherever they can get it right now.

On the other hand, that whole company is a complete cluster right now. So, they may not want to commit to another partnership until they get themselves set back up and going the right direction.
For sure - and it was mentioned previously, but that could mean that some more obscure properties could be had for cheap, ala The Lost Boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.