Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there a reason everyone is super confident Silent Hill is coming or is at least a very strong possibility?

That's what has me a little befuddled as well, just because a new film coming out doesn't mean this is suddenly a contender to return to the event.

Granted, I would love to see another house as Michael Aiello has openly stated that's one property he wishes they could try again as the first wasn't as good as it could've been. (Rushed and shoehorned into AWIL's layout.) But even with that said, right now I just don't feel this is as strong as a rumor as FNAF.

Almost nothing is actually rumored at this point, so any “I think this is coming” will need something other than “there’s a movie and I want it” to move past the realm of baseless speculation.

New visually distinct Ghostbusters movie coming out in the anniversary year of the original, both being multi-generational films featuring the original cast, AND we know the lines of communication are open for the rights? Good spec. It’s not rumored, but there’s enough red string to leave it in the “possible” tier.

Silent Hill, a dated video game property with several (but none successful) movie attempts has another attempt coming out, a decade after a poorly received house attempt? Sure, we can leave it on the board cause it’s early days, but it should go in the “probably unlikely” category.

Last edited:
Is there a reason everyone is super confident Silent Hill is coming or is at least a very strong possibility?
For me, and I am sure others are gonna have arguments (And possibly valid ones, like what @Legacy posted) on it; but I think it boils down to where it was by the time the SAG-AFTRA strikes began.

Similar to Ghostbusters in a weird sense; it feels like an IP that they could go after that would be safe in context of effect from the WGA and SAG-AFTRA, as word has gone around that the film wrapped production right before the SAG strikes began.

Perhaps it's me more on the line of thinking--but it's more on it being an option that has a surefire means of getting out in time for 2024; regardless of the upcoming reboot title. And in that, Konami has been more and more receptive and wanting to outsource and promote their brands with third party developers getting involved (like Bloober for Silent Hill II, Annapurna for Townfall, Netflix Animation for Castlevania, and Virtuosos for MGSD).

Once again--it's one of those early things that hey; if I am wrong I am wrong, and I'll be fine with it being wrong. But I think it has more viability than something like Fall of The House of Usher; where I see people trying to raise how that can work (Whereas they'd be opting out better by going with just Poe directly) [also sorry Maddux for being another to squash the thought of the Netflix show coming].

I understand your point about Ghostbusters turning 40 and Frozen Empire releasing next Spring, but what would another Ghostbusters house entail?

Would it just be a rehash of the 2019 house? Because I personally don't think Afterlife would work very well. Frozen Empire is a different story as we can only go off the trailer rn. Unless the house would be a mish-mash of the first two movies?....

One would think if they were to go at it in a way that can use the IP at large; it would be a version that'd be of the original sequel and of Frozen Empire--due to the ease of being able to use the New York setting more fully and properly.

Went back and looked at the UCM roster in the 2019 house ... only Gill Man hasn't made an appearance since

Gill Man could carry a solo house, but not sure they'd give him one with Epic opening year after next (do a team up house instead)

I PREDICT DEMON SLAYER... is not coming to HHN33 :cool:
See I heard that Jujutsu Kaisen is also not coming to HHN33--audible gasp indeed!

Gill Man could carry a solo house, but not sure they'd give him one with Epic opening year after next (do a team up house instead)
The upcoming arrival of Darkmoor is definitely something I do wonder on--but perhaps it's just me; but I kind of have to think the GP reception of DD could cause them to stray from including park attractions to HHN in actually having houses based around them. Would love to be wrong; Darkmoor feels like you could do some fun worldbuilding; but I know Murdy has kicked around atleast on Hollywood that he has an idea for Gillman.

I'd say it's just a matter of time.

• Love
Reactions: Ahmanet
Went back and looked at the UCM roster in the 2019 house ... only Gill Man hasn't made an appearance since

I don’t see how they can do a whole Gilman solo house. A mashup house I can see but not a solo as I can’t see how they will pull it off. (Guess they proved that wrong already tho with HDD)

Gillman vs. this goober in a schlocky 3D house:

This-Island-Earth_main-1.jpg

Make it happen, Universal! :p

Putting aside Ripley's pre-closing tweet, Oddfellow's final appearance was essentially him cutting a wrestling promo on Jack:

Could the actor have gone off script to pop the crowd and maybe lobby for a gig next year? Of course. But some of those lines seem pre-written, like it was discussed. Also, the longest Jack has been away since his creation is 5 years--next year will be 4 (real time) since last appearance. And by August next year, Epic Universe will be an open secret, with pictures of a close to completed park online. Assuming Universal wants to avoid "the Potter effect" of guests waiting for the new park to renew APs, bringing back the fan-favorite icon for a heaping serving of 'memberberries is probably not a bad idea. Would move the needle among casual fans more than a Lord Darkenon house ...

Separate note, I have a feeling HHN next year might need to go "big" depending on how busy (or quiet) Universal expects next year to be. There's definitely a big worry of a 2009 Pre-Potter effect that could impact the resort, and I'd assume they would need some big blockbuster IPs to allow HHN (and the other seasonal events) to keep the resort afloat like the ol' Pre-Potter days. Same with new nighttime/event offerings to draw locals in the short term.

Putting aside Ripley's pre-closing tweet, Oddfellow's final appearance was essentially him cutting a wrestling promo on Jack:

Could the actor have gone off script to pop the crowd and maybe lobby for a gig next year? Of course. But some of those lines seem pre-written, like it was discussed. Also, the longest Jack has been away since his creation is 5 years--next year will be 4 (real time) since last appearance. And by August next year, Epic Universe will be an open secret, with pictures of a close to completed park online. Assuming Universal wants to avoid "the Potter effect" of guests waiting for the new park to renew APs, bringing back the fan-favorite icon for a heaping serving of 'memberberries is probably not a bad idea. Would move the needle among casual fans more than a Lord Darkenon house ...

I mentioned this in my earlier post - but bringing back Jack in a non-anniversary year would be a great way of drawing people in without having to rely on a ton of massive IP.

You described it perfectly though - that sounded like a wrestling promo. Some could have been ad-libbed, but that feels rehearsed.

Separate note, I have a feeling HHN next year might need to go "big" depending on how busy (or quiet) Universal expects next year to be. There's definitely a big worry of a 2009 Pre-Potter effect that could impact the resort, and I'd assume they would need some big blockbuster IPs to allow HHN (and the other seasonal events) to keep the resort afloat like the ol' Pre-Potter days. Same with new nighttime/event offerings to draw locals in the short term.
“Go big”!? After the crowd levels most nights they definitely don’t.

Feels like Last of Us would make sense to come back for another year.

Dollhouse of the Damned is turning ten this year.

Beetlejuice seems to be opening too late for Universal to get access to a rival studios’ movie. Maybe a scare zone like Zombieland Double Tap.

Was kind of hoping they’d take a break from the same Nightmare Fuel show and adapt it into a house.

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS: WELCOME TO DARKMOOR (SOUNDSTAGE 23A/BLOOD MOON) - Does Darkmoor sound familiar? If not, it's the rumored name for the Classic Monsters village at Epic. I think next year's house will be a living teaser for the land and ride, setting up the story for it. I think it could also be the last UM house for a little while.
100% agree. Feels like they would try to promote the new land while have a “send off” to the monsters.

“Go big”!? After the crowd levels most nights they definitely don’t.

By big I mean keeping the same attendance level as this year generated by 2 blockbusters/relevant IPs and horror's (unfortunately) most popular character with the general public.

I'm sure they're looking into what IP or mix of IPs can generate the same draw as Stranger Things & Last of Us.