Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In case anyone is like me and wants the data, this is the best data I can find of when do people *book* flights before their travel. The granularity isn't super great (22 days to 3 months is a big bucket) but it looks like only ~20% of domestic leisure travelers book 3+ months in advance. 60% book at least 22 days in advance. I also tend to plan pretty far in advance and it hurts my heart a little bit to see that ~40% of people don't book airfare until less than 3 weeks in advance!! No wonder the airlines make so much money!

Do people not really plan further out? I always seem to plan further out and so do many of my friends. I mean sure I have some last minute plans or I have a time period I know I will do something but can't get it scheduled until closer. But majority of time my vacations are planned in advance.
Lol I can't even fathom it. I'm already trying to plan dates for our 2024 trip, and I unfortunately can't until they drop the dates for HHN.

Reactions: Ahmanet and IzzyB
I also think it's fair to suggest that the people on a theme park enthusiast forum may be more likely to plan their leisure travel further out than the average person.
I guess it is wild for me since most of my friends plan the majority of their vacations further out than 60 days. Now we all sometimes have last minute weekend stuff we might plan. But not normally week long stuff. I do agree sometimes we have planned to go somewhere in advance but book later. But even that is more rare amongst my friend group.

Now I do sometimes book hotels later for road trips. So I will have the main hotel booked but the on the way ones are last minute based on how we feel and how long we can drive. When we do visit family road trips, transportation is booked in advance but the schedule comes as we figure out who is available when and then we book the hotels as we know we will for sure be here on X days.

And this is one of the challenges of speculation: “fandom” overlaid with friend groups. Friend groups form based on shared interests and commonalities, which are often their fandoms. So, from an anecdotal perspective, “all your friends” will like something or do something in a manner very similar to you (like, planning a trip to a theme park). This is where the “But all my friends like [small market IP]” arguments come from. But friend groups are not everyone and fandoms are not the majority. Businesses (like Universal) will make decisions that hew towards broader behaviors.

I’ll put it this way, my wife and I have traveled a good bit over the last couple of years. She’s a planner, but doesn’t really do fandoms. Most of our trips were discussed about 4-5 months out. Most were booked 2-3 months out. None more than 100 days out. Since we’ll be back in the US next year, I mentioned a trip to HHN in Orlando and she literally grimaced like I was insane at the idea I was trying to plan something so far out.

What fans do isn’t the norm.
I get that but now I have kids and my friend group is extremely eclectic. I have friends who I met thru my kids school or some who I met thru Girl Scouts and my only link is we are Girl Scout leaders. I have friends who are board game geeks since I like board games. So I have a broad spectrum now that I have kids and end up hanging out with who my kids hang out with. I also have in-laws that drive me bonkers and have nothing in common with :lol:

In case anyone is like me and wants the data, this is the best data I can find of when do people *book* flights before their travel. The granularity isn't super great (22 days to 3 months is a big bucket) but it looks like only ~20% of domestic leisure travelers book 3+ months in advance. 60% book at least 22 days in advance. I also tend to plan pretty far in advance and it hurts my heart a little bit to see that ~40% of people don't book airfare until less than 3 weeks in advance!! No wonder the airlines make so much money!

Clearly I am in the minority and I can't deny facts, so I will now shut up. I edited my post to quote this after seeing this, but will leave my other comments as I am not one to dirty delete lol

Last edited:
Hah. This is a fascinating discussion to read through as someone who largely does things on a spontaneous basis. This has been my year:

January trip - Booked 8 days out
April trip #1 - Booked one month out
April trip #2 - Booked 15 days out
July trip - Booked just under a month out
September trip - Booked 3 days out

This is me. I am annoyed I can't fully look into a book my next Thanksgiving trip since the hotel isn't available this far out lol
I'm in the same boat, except for my HHN trip because I want to go early but I don't want to be there opening weekend lol

Reactions: Ahmanet
The 'backyard pool' horror movie was advertised during today's MLS soccer game ... think I saw a Universal logo?

Don't think it would translate to a house, but maybe a resorts pools activation ha.
It’s called Night Swim. It’s being distributed by Universal, but Blumhouse is the production company. So it could come in a Horrors of Blumhouse mashup. Blumhouse had FNaF which has been discussed at length as a possibility. They also have Imaginary and Speak No Evil coming out before HHN. But I have a feeling if creative could do a full FNaF house or a Horrors of Blumhouse, I think they’d elect for the FNaF house. I doubt we get FNaF and a separate Horrors of Blumhouse house.

It’s called Night Swim. It’s being distributed by Universal, but Blumhouse is the production company. So it could come in a Horrors of Blumhouse mashup. Blumhouse had FNaF which has been discussed at length as a possibility. They also have Imaginary and Speak No Evil coming out before HHN. But I have a feeling if creative could do a full FNaF house or a Horrors of Blumhouse, I think they’d elect for the FNaF house. I doubt we get FNaF and a separate Horrors of Blumhouse house.
Yeah, I wouldn't be expecting another HoB when FNaF is right there.

Also, Speak No Evil is not HHN material. The original Danish film is really good, but it's a psychological horror with a whole lot of abuse. That just doesn't work for a HHN house etc.

Changing it up a bit

Five nights at Freddy’s
Terrifier twice the kill
The Strangers Trilogy Chapter one, two, and three
Monsters
The Fall of the house of usher

Reactions: Ahmanet