Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If FNAF in fact isn't coming, that kinda leaves the big headliner IP spot open. Which is.. interesting to say the least. Curious to see if this could be a year like 31 where it's more original heavy.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
He never flat out said it wasn't happening or alluded to that. His words were: "when the time is right" in regards to doing it properly because it'd be a big budget attempt (which is why Creature was cut from the 2018 house- yay budget)
"when the time is right" screams "not this year" to me lol.
If FNAF in fact isn't coming, that kinda leaves the big headliner IP spot open. Which is.. interesting to say the least. Curious to see if this could be a year like 31 where it's more original heavy.
I'd be shocked if they don't have an IP planned as a backup for something like this.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Just my two cents assuming it's true, but considering it took 8 years, multiple scripts and at least two directors quitting for the FNaF movie to finally be made, I can definitely see Scott being a bit hard to work with for HHN.
To be fair, considering one of those scripts was later reworked into The Banana Splits Movie... I can't say I entirely blame him. That film was atrocious.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Just my two cents assuming it's true, but considering it took 8 years, multiple scripts and at least two directors quitting for the FNaF movie to finally be made, I can definitely see Scott being a bit hard to work with for HHN.
After about a decade of following Scott's work, unfortunately the rumored story adds up for me as well haha. I could totally see some weird ask being the reason why the potential Headliner Blumhouse IP doesn't make it to the NBCUniversal Halloween event. :skull:

Originals
Beetlejuice or Ghostbusters
Dracula or Creature From The Black Lagoon
Five Nights at Freddy's (or not)
NOES or F13
Horrors of Blumhouse
Themed food booths
Scooby Doo & The Witches Ghost or on Zombie Island (house)
Goosebumps (not really because Disney)
Scared Shrekless or Trolls of Terror SZ (DreamWorks)

.....I'm probably forgetting a few things

Last edited:
After about a decade of following Scott's work, unfortunately the rumored story adds up for me as well haha. I could totally see some weird ask being the reason why the potential Headliner Blumhouse IP doesn't make it to the NBCUniversal Halloween event. :skull:
We had three years of the Blumhouse Halloween movies not coming tbf, this isn't really new for the event.

I'm still holding out hope for FNAF. As a diehard fan, losing FNAF would be devastating for me. :pensive:
While I understand being disappointed, I really think it’s essential to clarify that, if the rumors are true, it’s possible that Universal never HAD FNaF.

I mentioned that Universal pitches a house to the IP holders, and that pitch will include elements of a treatment and concept art. The development of those things are, on rare occasions, how rumors start. But just because stuff was developed this early, that doesn’t mean that stuff was agreed upon or locked.

It's very funny if Uni couldn't get FNaF because of the creator's demands. It would have been a fun house because of the costumes and the property is certainly very popular, but we're not talking about Harry Potter here. It's an awful IP. It would have been one of the worst media franchises ever represented at HHN - maybe a very slight step above Dracula Untold.

Heck, if HHN wanted to, they could certainly come up with their own spin on "ironically spooky mascot costumes." I'm sure they could develop much better settings and a more coherent back story. Without the popularity of the franchise, of course, the financial aspect wouldn't make a lot of sense... so HHN will just come up with something entirely better.

In any case, if this is indeed true, I strongly suspect the pencil pushers are a lot more disappointed then the creative folks,

Heck, if HHN wanted to, they could certainly come up with their own spin on "ironically spooky mascot costumes." I'm sure they could develop much better settings and a more coherent back story. so HHN will just come up with something entirely better.
Two examples:
2005's Demon Cantina.... loosely based unofficial "From Dusk Til Dawn" (...until 2014 when they got to do the TV series officially)

2008's Interstellar Terror was loosely based/inspired by 1997's Event Horizon

So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities, even if it didn't happen this year, an original "inspired by" house could happen in the future.

While I understand being disappointed, I really think it’s essential to clarify that, if the rumors are true, it’s possible that Universal never HAD FNaF.

I mentioned that Universal pitches a house to the IP holders, and that pitch will include elements of a treatment and concept art. The development of those things are, on rare occasions, how rumors start. But just because stuff was developed this early, that doesn’t mean that stuff was agreed upon or locked.
Yeah, I imagine if Cawthon had some outrageous demands, they probably would have came up during the initial talks.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Realistically speaking, Scooby-Doo has a better chance than Coraline. Also the material to play with is endless. However, that is definitely more wishful thinking unfortunately..

In other news, yesterday (Feb 18th) last year, the first spec map was dropped. So hopefully we get something to run circles around "soon".