Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually didn’t know Hollywood also posted the same video…
No Problem Thumbs Up GIF by Mayhem

My theory is that it connects to the event theme not to a specific icon or IP. A shared theme would not technically affect the Icon or the event itself.

This just hit me as well.

What if the original we've thought to be a Greek or Egyptian house is an Adaru house? In his origins, Adaru comes from Greek mythology, and the name is 'fear' translated from Sumerian.
That could definitely make some sense!

My other thought for museum is the normally have Curators? So could Curator be coming back from 31? Maybe that's why multiple Icons where discussed?
Like its actually Curator but FEAR in the long run?
That doesnt tie in to the video we saw at all though really.

That’d actually make a ton of sense and honestly, I propose an interesting theory I’ve conjured up.

So, hear me out on this, what if this creature lurking beneath both USF and USH is a physical manifestation of HHN. Maybe a rogue (or possessed) Team Member modified the facility’s code to release the creature. That paper with the 90s USF logo could imply that this facility has always been there since USF was first built. Maybe the entity possesses a new Team Member each year, which is what allows it to get released?

That’d actually make a ton of sense and honestly, I propose an interesting theory I’ve conjured up.

So, hear me out on this, what if this creature lurking beneath both USF and USH is a physical manifestation of HHN. Maybe a rogue (or possessed) Team Member modified the facility’s code to release the creature. That paper with the 90s USF logo could imply that this facility has always been there since USF was first built. Maybe the entity possesses a new Team Member each year, which is what allows it to get released?
Which in turn, could tie back to a character from HHN 20: Ignatia Himmel, a Legendary Truth member suspected of intentionally summoning Adaru and opening up the Lantern. She was reinstated into LT in 2015, but we haven't heard anything about her since.

I wouldn't really compare the two but sure. At least back in the day they were clever about it and there was more thought put into the teases. I don't really consider high budget, vague ads on the same level, sorry lol. Also how is this any different from the past few years, especially last year? It's essentially the same marketing tactic as 2023 when they put out that "Legend of HHN" static video.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures
Person who wasn’t around for old times tells person who was around how it was. Got it.

could we be getting a website soon? Or something to log into with more details?
Just to temper expectations, even if they did want to do a website, I wouldn't expect it to be like they were in days of old. Flash was an amazing tool that let artists and creatives build really rich detailed experiences with minimal coding and since it's been deprecated, it really hasn't been replaced widely. If you wanted to build something similar today, you'd need way more engineers/programmers than it's probably worth

Just to temper expectations, even if they did want to do a website, I wouldn't expect it to be like they were in days of old. Flash was an amazing tool that let artists and creatives build really rich detailed experiences with minimal coding and since it's been deprecated, it really hasn't been replaced widely. If you wanted to build something similar today, you'd need way more engineers/programmers than it's probably worth

Plus - social is king.

That could be fun like you said some sort of creature is escaping most likely we would know about that or what they could do is potentially warn us about the creature at the park to drive up the story even more. Than it could even make a appearance in the event itself or maybe potentially appear in mazes/scarezones. I could show how Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood could utilize this as like a "Event gone wrong/possessed" theme instead of having a actually icon it could work and it could get people interested maybe even tie into to some mazes at both Hollywood and Orlando who knows. All I'm saying is this idea could be a way for Hollywood to get involved without actually using Icons in the process. Although the way I'm describing it may make it seem like a icon lol. Although the evil behind the door could be a manifesting of evil itself leading it to take up the forms of the various IPS coming to HHN. Unless this is only one of the doors and the rest of the evil(IPS) are kept in serval different rooms.

Last edited:
I don't see this being a lead to an icon or something, probably just the true entity of HHN being released in both coasts, its pretty cool and the marketing is awesome but not sure for what to say, it just seems like something that won't be looked back on when the event begins but that's just me, its just for social media buzz and maybe it could be used tie-in the commercial and announcement videos maybe but I'm not looking too deep into it.

Reactions: Boodini
I don't see this being a lead to an icon or something, probably just the true entity of HHN being released in both coasts, its pretty cool and the marketing is awesome but not sure for what to say, it just seems like something that won't be looked back on when the event begins but that's just me, its just for social media buzz and maybe it could be used tie-in the commercial and announcement videos maybe but I'm not looking too deep into it.
Framing device / motif

But it’s a good one. Really high production value

I mean I really do want to see the arch reflection’s similarity to the Silent Hill church. Maybe as an “overlay” ad, this is promoting multiple IPs at once in subtle ways? Kind of like the commercials we’ve seen in recent years (“Trapped”, “Scream Squad”, etc…).

Or, it’s just a generic ad that links to nothing but creepy imagery lol.