Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why are people still guessing June and July for the next announcement? It's this Tuesday (12:33 pm IP house announcement is my guess). Right after the Spooky Empire announcement they told us to watch social media, and hours later HHN posted 3. They did this before. Sunday it will say 2, Monday 1, Tuesday announcement. You're welcome, lol
Not everything the horror nights twitter account tweets is really gospel unless its an actual tweet leading to something, its possible that they can break cycles and put out something, Friday, seemed to be as it was said, they wanted to give fans something to get excited about especially with the leading on these past few months, June and July tend to be obvious months that are possible for announcements, with July being the month where Universal finally dumps everything as we saw last year.

They announced Last of Us on June 15th, releasing the multi-passes, event dates and ST 4 on July 13th and July 28th, they dumped everything. I'm not saying they'll stick to this form of planning this year, anything can happen, same as the happenings scheduling of announcements the past few years either being pushed back or early.

You're not making any sense. Yes, the hokey horror joke tweets don't mean anything. I'm talking about the countdown that they have literally used before leading up to the announcement. You are technically correct though. It could go Sunday 2, Monday 1, and Tuesday they will post "watch this account in June and July!!!"

You're not making any sense. Yes, the hokey horror joke tweets don't mean anything. I'm talking about the countdown that they have literally used before leading up to the announcement. You are technically correct though. It could go Sunday 2, Monday 1, and Tuesday they will post "watch this account in June and July!!!"
I don't know where I wasn't making sense and the tweet could lead to a joke or just create buzz which they've done very well so far besides the trolly tweets every now and then or another teaser video which is somewhat to be expected but as for announcements, some of the ips coming seem to likely to be announced in June and July.

I don't know where I wasn't making sense and the tweet could lead to a joke or just create buzz which they've done very well so far besides the trolly tweets every now and then or another teaser video which is somewhat to be expected but as for announcements, some of the ips coming seem to likely to be announced in June and July.
I said announcement, not IP announcement, although I do think that will be the case. It's weird that you keep coming back to July based on their history, but neglect to even comment on the countdown they started (which led to a house announcement last time). You do have a good point though. 3 is a very funny number, and I can't wait to see what they post tomorrow! Lol

REALLY hoping Ghostbusters house IS NOT Frozen Empire.

Wouldn't be at the top of my anticipation list, but would slightly lessen the feeling of deja vu starting to coalesce around the rumored event, and "frozen" soundstage scenes are always welcome relief on steamy September nights. Plus a couple gags in the movie --
thinking the washing machine next to the containment unit, Slimer in the firehouse attic
-- could really hit in a house format.

Wouldn't be at the top of my anticipation list, but would slightly lessen the feeling of deja vu starting to coalesce around the rumored event, and "frozen" soundstage scenes are always welcome relief on steamy September nights. Plus a couple gags in the movie --
thinking the washing machine next to the containment unit, Slimer in the firehouse attic
-- could really hit in a house format.
Always love an icy or bad weather house

REALLY hoping Ghostbusters house IS NOT Frozen Empire.
Same here
First ghostbusters house was good
I’d prefer a mashup of 1/2 and maybe a little from the old video game that Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd wrote. That’s just me being optimistic.
Afterlife has potential to work as a house. But frozen empire (IMO) doesn’t translate as well into a haunted house experience. And I DESPISE that movie XD. I can only see frozen empire working as a facade and maybe one or two scenes from the movie. Meanwhile part 2 has WAY more content they can fill for. (Courthouse, sewer, art museum, bathroom, apartment, etc.)

Same here
First ghostbusters house was good
I’d prefer a mashup of 1/2 and maybe a little from the old video game that Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd wrote. That’s just me being optimistic.
Afterlife has potential to work as a house. But frozen empire (IMO) doesn’t translate as well into a haunted house experience. And I DESPISE that movie XD. I can only see frozen empire working as a facade and maybe one or two scenes from the movie. Meanwhile part 2 has WAY more content they can fill for. (Courthouse, sewer, art museum, bathroom, apartment, etc.)
Agree, alot of the action takes place soley inside the firehouse itself, other than a few parts like the library and out in the middle of the streets which they most likely can't translate to a house, I can see it working if they also combine it was Afterlife

I'd honestly hope for the opposite. I get that it's already been 5 years since Ghostbusters was last at HHN (Dear god 5 years :skull:), but I think Frozen Empire would be a lot more visually distinct from the first house with it's iced over New York and more varied locations. It would also still allow for fan-favorite characters and locations like the OG Ghostbusters, Slimer, ECTO-1, the firehouse, NYC Public Library with the Lions and Library Ghost. Seems like the best of both worlds personally.

The new Ghostbusters headquarters with the containment units is what I hope to see. Those ghosts had some fun designs that weren't utilized very much in the film itself.