Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Difficult to speculate on until prices for multi-night tickets and schedules for local schools are released. That said, avoid opening weekend.
opening weekend is the only weekend that works for me this year :skull:

I’ll pony up for the RIP tour I guess

• Sad
Reactions: SeventyOne
I have now been trained to expect more on Tuesday. Why not keep the party going? I like the roll out of announcing things up front and then adding promotional material leading up to the event, if that is the current plan. Seems smart. Monsters, the show, the website... plenty of things they can show right away if there are any IP timing snags.

edit- oh yeah, and the frickin' scare zones.

Last edited:
I have now been trained to expect more on Tuesday. Why not keep the party going? I like the roll out of announcing things up front and then adding promotional material leading up to the event, if that is the current plan. Seems smart. Monsters, the show, the website... plenty of things they can show right away if there are any IP timing snags.
I wouldn't be shocked if we get something next week, I hope we do

Reactions: Robert Bliss
never give up GIF

What does everybody think is next? I would like to see the scare zones get the exact same treatment next week, but I think Hollywood is getting bored and we may get a single IP video announcement for both properties

Reactions: Grabnar
What does everybody think is next? I would like to see the scare zones get the exact same treatment next week, but I think Hollywood is getting bored and we may get a single IP video announcement for both properties
Ghostbusters is rumored to be the first shared announcement on the first week of June.

And while not rumored, some are theorizing that after HHN's tweet, we could maybe see zones announced this upcoming week.

I tend to wait and judge the houses for what they are rather than be put off by IP. Last year's Exorcist house was tons of fun despite being based on a trailer for a terrible film. Not a huge Insidious fan, but the house could be excellent. Come at me, Trailer Park Boy Darth Maul.
Agreed; the house was definitely better than the actual movie. If they do Frozen Empire , I hope for the same results.

Please please please bring James McCaster to play the scientist one night. Love him. One of the weirdest British comedians I’ve seen. Was strange seeing him in the movie playing a “normal scientist” role

While I wouldn't mind if GB was the rumored 1+2 mashup, I will say I'm warming up to the idea of it being Frozen Empire, no ironic pun intended.

FE does have enough to differentiate itself from the first house, and GB is rumored to return to soundstage 22, right? If that's the case, then just like with 21's Winter's Night...that is a soundstage which they can legitimately cool down to fit the setting!

While I wouldn't mind if GB was the rumored 1+2 mashup, I will say I'm warming up to the idea of it being Frozen Empire, no ironic pun intended.

FE does have enough to differentiate itself from the first house, and GB is rumored to return to soundstage 22, right? If that's the case, then just like with 21's Winter's Night...that is a soundstage which they can legitimately cool down to fit the setting!
Have they done more or less (or same) of this cooling effect as the event has gone on? I seem to recall thinking Yeti: Terror of the Yukon didn’t feel particularly cooler than the other houses. Even relative to Poltergeist the year prior. But could certainly just be misremembering

Have any of you heard which Ghostbusters it will be or if it's going to be an insidious mashup or if the universal monsters house will have female monsters or be a sequel to the bride of Frankenstein lives