Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless we start to hear some kind of whispers about HHN not having access to WB IP because of a Six Flags exclusive deal or something I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

Until then I would just chalk this up to businesses doing business and cashing in on their IP’s best they can.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but historically there’s been issues with WB IPs and HHN.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but historically there’s been issues with WB IPs and HHN.
They've seemingly been determined to avoid working with HHN since 2018.. Horror Made Here, the IT house in Hollywood and Vine, I Like Scary Movies and now their partnership with Six Flags.. yes, we both got Shining in 2017 and yes, we got Titans of Terror in 2017 in Hollywood, but look at how they've been avoiding working with HHN since.. Conjuring could have easily come back in 2018 after the lawsuit was settled.. Creepshow only happened in 2019 because Greg Nicotero managed to get them a deal on the IP, Beetlejuice only happened in Orlando because I would guess Universal used the "We already licensed the daytime rights" card.. and even then, WB managed to yank the rights from Hollywood when Hollywood accidentally printed merch or something.. Exorcist in 2021 in Hollywood only happened because Universal bought out a stake in the IP for Exorcist: Believer.. EDIT: Oh, this also raises questions on how Hollywood managed to snag Evil Dead Rises last year, when Six Flags could have just grabbed it and forced USH to tear down the remaining sets and come up with something new for TWD space..

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s any true issues between the two parties. I think it comes down to distrust in Universals ability to keep leaks to a minimum. No one heard any of these properties were going to be at six flags this year but had this been HHN, leakers would have told us this months ahead of time.

If companies don’t trust Universal not to have leaks then we can just get comfortable with a 4/6 split for a while.

It could also come down to money issues. Maybe six flags is willing to pay more than Universal is at the moment.

I don’t think there’s any true issues between the two parties. I think it comes down to distrust in Universals ability to keep leaks to a minimum. No one heard any of these properties were going to be at six flags this year but had this been HHN, leakers would have told us this months ahead of time.

If companies don’t trust Universal not to have leaks then we can just get comfortable with a 4/6 split for a while.

It could also come down to money issues. Maybe six flags is willing to pay more than Universal is at the moment.

Nothing to do with leaks. The reason we didn't hear much about this is because, frankly, there aren't very many people who are plugged into Six Flags that participate in these communities.

Six Flags also doesn't have a bigger budget than Universal. Warner Bros. does have an ongoing relationship with Six Flags. Netting Netflix is still an impressive get, however, and probably speaks to Universal's reluctance to trot out Stranger Things again so soon. (Netflix keeps trying to turn Army of the Dead into a real franchise, so I'm guessing that was a must-include package deal with ST.)

Six Flags also doesn't have a bigger budget than Universal. Warner Bros. does have an ongoing relationship with Six Flags. Netting Netflix is still an impressive get, however, and probably speaks to Universal's reluctance to trot out Stranger Things again so soon. (Netflix keeps trying to turn Army of the Dead into a real franchise, so I'm guessing that was a must-include package deal with ST.)
This is an interesting tidbit.

Now I'm curious - when Universal inevitably is negotiating for Stranger Things 5 in a year or two, I wonder if Army of the Dead will be required to come to the event as well.

Reactions: LPCaptainDeath
This is an interesting tidbit.

Now I'm curious - when Universal inevitably is negotiating for Stranger Things 5 in a year or two, I wonder if Army of the Dead will be required to come to the event as well.

It's a fair question depending on where Army of the Dead is as a company priority at that point. With that said, Universal has more leverage (and buying power) to say no.

Six Flags has been in an attendance slump since the pandemic with guest spending also dropping a bit. They are desperate for guests nationwide and scrambling to find new selling points for guests. Securing the rights to some of the biggest horror IPs right now, and arguably the biggest with Stranger Things, is essential to draw out crowds in the offseason to even justify having the parks open.

I haven't done my Great Adventure trek this summer yet, but anecdotally, I went to Great America when I was in Chicago the other week and the park was dead on a Sunday. I didn't wait in any lines longer than 15 minutes, which starkly contrasted with the consistent 40-60 minute waits I had there two summers ago.

I wonder if anyone has ever successfully hidden in a bathroom stall in order to get into HHN for free
you made me imagine someone hiding in the bushes but then not being able to come out because of the crowds and security everywhere :lol:
having to wait to closing time to come out :lol:
I wouldn't mind a Purge zone... :eyes:

I think HHN needs a chaotic zone where anything goes chainsaws every year or so lol

I've always loved the purge as a zone, the music is awesome, the costumes are awesome, even if you never watched the movies, it's a wild zone, I really loved it. it always has high energy.

a blumhouse would be super fun. I would actually really love it. there's a lot of characters to use. it would have variety. it could be better than the Crypt TV zone. ( similar but better)

I might be the only one but I'm excited for a blumhouse zone.

Am I the only one who watched Totally Killer?

Seeing a bunch of these guys running around BlumZone would make me giddy like a schoolgirl lol. Underrated slasher that I hope gets some representation so it gains more exposure!

View attachment 22337

yeah I saw that movie but it was kind of confusing. I didn't like the twists.
it was kind of convoluted
but I agree I would love to see this mask in the zone :D
I didn't even know it was a blumhouse property.

The current six flags CEO has been trying to turn six flags into a premium ticket name for his entire tenure. I wonder if this is a last ditch attempt to prove himself right before the merger.

With that being said, fight fest is fun, I wouldn't knock it till you try it. Obviously it is not anywhere near the budget of HHN, But I had just as much fun going to Great America's fright fest as a teenager as I do now at HHN. I'm excited to see what they do.

The current six flags CEO has been trying to turn six flags into a premium ticket name for his entire tenure. I wonder if this is a last ditch attempt to prove himself right before the merger.

With that being said, fight fest is fun, I wouldn't knock it till you try it. Obviously it is not anywhere near the budget of HHN, But I had just as much fun going to Great America's fright fest as a teenager as I do now at HHN. I'm excited to see what they do.

would you compare it to howl o scream at Tampa?

While we're off topic already, Dark Nights at Hersheypark is also fun. Nowhere in the same ballpark as HHN, but it's still very fun. I imagine Fright Fest is similar!

All theme park Halloween haunts pale in comparison to HHN simply because no none else throws the time and money into their event the way HHN does. Not to say there aren't some good ones (Knott's, Busch, etc.) but they will never match the level of HHN. Most other parks just don't have the time and resources devoted and rely on their in house teams for shows, carpenters, etc. to pull something together on a shoestring.

I think a lot of y'all are putting way too much stock into the Six Flags stuff.
My exact thoughts,

Are we forgetting their fumble last year?
The only reason this all was viable was it just so happens they are in bed with Warner Bros and they may have convinced Netflix to let them use one of there most valuable IP’s they outright own. Big mistake.

They have no assets to make this work.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet