Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm a local but also not a local with living about 2 hours away. I have always got the FFP and slowly involved to getting the UFF with express. I also still buy a hotel room most nights (mostly CB). So i'm also an exception :lmao: :lmao:

well you force everyone to buy single day tickets like in Disney.
maybe hhn is not something people need to repeat. not to sound cynical.
but maybe hhn needs to be like a rock concert. you watch it once per year. like a rock tour.

it's going to come to a point where universal just doesn't need to provide ffp anymore

The thing is, HHN is something that definitely needs to be repeated. As someone who historically only went one night and then started going multiple nights (in 2019), you see the difference in run throughs of these houses. Theyre designed to be this amazing run through of scenic and story, but you don’t always get that in one run. I’ve said to my group before “can you imagine if that was your only time going through that house” and they agreed. There has to be a better way to balance this.

The thing is, HHN is something that definitely needs to be repeated. As someone who historically only went one night and then started going multiple nights (in 2019), you see the difference in run throughs of these houses. Theyre designed to be this amazing run through of scenic and story, but you don’t always get that in one run. I’ve said to my group before “can you imagine if that was your only time going through that house” and they agreed. There has to be a better way to balance this.

Historically and statistically, not many people think like this. We, as the fans, are the outliers. The majority of people who attend the event only visit a handful of houses.

This seems like a better way to balance it to me. If you have a FFP/ROF, you're seeing every house more than once pretty much guaranteed. Otherwise, something went terribly wrong lol. For normal guests (read: guests not on a forum, guests not on a Discord, and guests who had no clue passes went on sale today), this will make the lines more accessible to them and make it more likely that they'll be able to experience more of the event. This is an absolute win in my book.

Most locals I know only go one or two nights. They do try to hit all the houses and do get frustrated with the crowds. but they are not doing a ton of nights. I will also say almost everyone I know has kids, which also contributes to how often you go to places that require someone to watch your kids.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m a fan and steadfastly believe going through a house more than twice is too much.
I get what you’re saying, but I think it also depends on the house. Especially those that are now being designed with multiple endings (like Monsters). Every year my group has those houses that we go through twice, and are done. And then those that we love so much we may do them 6 times (and in these cases the houses are so good we notice something new each time).

Non local and this my my 2nd year with UFFP with express. Alcohol still probably my biggest expense

I'd venture a guess that vacationers probably get ROF the most out of any of the multi-night passes. I'm a vacationer and got an ROF+E last year because it just made financial sense lol

My guess is that, with this change, they're just REALLY trying to cut down on the Express lines? Because they clearly aren't cutting down on the amount of people they allow into the park lol

Y'all! There are exceptions haha. I don't expect anyone on here to be the norm because we're all nerding about Horror Nights year-round. The point is the bread and butter to Universal are the vacationing folk who normally get one-day passes.

that's true we are all hhn fanatics. we are obsessed. that's the problem. we aren't the general public.
but maybe universal wants the casual one time visit fans.
how much money are they losing by repeat fans

imagine if they got rid of ffp. and no more rush of fear.

would their sales triple? in merch? booze? food?
how much extra money in tickets and express will they make when ffp and ROF disappear?

as a business decision. ffp and ROF make no sense. it's losing money.

Reactions: jarmor and Legacy
I find it strange. I don’t blame you for picking that start date Just in case.

But how much is it really anticipated if guest just pick opening night? That’s where my original post comes from. To lower the price some to make ppl want to select an honest start.
And will they be staffing properly based on these chosen dates? Didn’t seem like it last year at the F&B booths

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
And will they be staffing properly based on these chosen dates? Didn’t seem like it last year at the F&B booths
If they had u pick a start date but not restrict from attending earlier they would get a more accurate response, especially this early, plans can change so why restrict yourself.

If they had u pick a start date but not restrict from attending earlier they would get a more accurate response, especially this early, plans can change so why restrict yourself.
Universal expects people to know their plans 60 days out, because most vacation plans are made 60-90 days out. That’s why they’re just now selling the passes.

One things for certain… next year everyone will panic buy these passes at once and sell them out instantly. Maybe even crash the site. It just seems like really bad decision making on their part of how they’re handling this. Stopping sales out of the blue last year, caused lots of people including myself to buy the passes immediately this go around, & now this happens. Imagine the chaos next year. Even if they come back this year, they’ll be panic buying then as well.

I do get that they are trying to fix overcrowding of the express lines, but stopping sales mere hours after they go on sale with no warning, there’s gotta be a better way to go about that. The amount of people in the community that didn’t get them is crazy. Maybe all us hardcore fans and locals aren’t their biggest money maker but I’d still argue that keeping their fan base happy should mean something?

The person that I took the quote from downgraded his pass from FFP+ with express to RoF with express. Also I just looked on the website and FFP with express is now sold out, no more dates avaliable as of now lol

Edit: at the end of the calendar this message pops up. Most likely means the passes could go back on sale?
Where exactly did this come up?

One things for certain… next year everyone will panic buy these passes at once and sell them out instantly. Maybe even crash the site. It just seems like really bad decision making on their part of how they’re handling this. Stopping sales out of the blue last year, caused lots of people including myself to buy the passes immediately this go around, & now this happens. Imagine the chaos next year. Even if they come back this year, they’ll be panic buying then as well.

I do get that they are trying to fix overcrowding of the express lines, but stopping sales mere hours after they go on sale with no warning, there’s gotta be a better way to go about that. The amount of people in the community that didn’t get them is crazy. Maybe all us hardcore fans and locals aren’t their biggest money maker but I’d still argue that keeping their fan base happy should mean something?
unfortunately that's how all concerts go.
you only have a certain amount of seats or space and once it's gone it's gone
same here. it's like that Taylor Swift concert stuff. tickets sell out quick.
it is similar here

as for keeping locals happy, other people might say "how about you keep out of towners happy? they spend so much money"

unfortunately that's how all concerts go.
you only have a certain amount of seats or space and once it's gone it's gone
same here. it's like that Taylor Swift concert stuff. tickets sell out quick.
it is similar here

as for keeping locals happy, other people might say "how about you keep out of towners happy? they spend so much money"
Out of towner here. Texas.

Concerts you can see that they’re selling out by actually seeing the seats. Again there’s gotta be a different way, instead of their fan base being left in the dark, not knowing any info. They technically never even announced these passes. The fan base did.

watching everyone on the internet panic and argue about express when I have been going without express since 2018

the no express clan for life

High Five We Did It GIF

17 years without express and counting