Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
hhn houses are a once per year and they're done.
it's not the same.
it's like if you could only watch lord of the rings for one year and it stops existing.
yes and the fact that they're short-lived, fleeting experiences is part of what makes them special. obviously y'all do what makes you happy, but I agree that mainlining these 5-minute haunted houses over and over again makes the experience less enjoyable and less special.

Personally, I would not be mad if they do get rid of the multi-night tickets. I have been going since 2004 so I had a good run without multi-night tickets as well as multi-night. I have notice HHN has become more of a hang out spot vs a separated ticketed event. While I love how the employees and frequent guess became close and built a repore, it was also annoying not being able to navigate the crowds in scare zones because regulars wanted to get pictures with their friends or whatever (sorry miss Universal. . .). I don't think adding capacity is an issue because the rides (from what I see) don't have waits so to me it means the people in the park are not interested in the rides being that they are local and can ride them anytime they feel. SO, I did buy a ROF but I am definitely nervous to see how things turn out this year.

yes and the fact that they're short-lived, fleeting experiences is part of what makes them special. obviously y'all do what makes you happy, but I agree that mainlining these 5-minute haunted houses over and over again makes the experience less enjoyable and less special.
If the houses were pulsed I might agree, but conga lines equate to a different experience for every house. I need 3 per house, minimum.

but you can watch that movie or that song any time you want. in the next 10 Years and beyond.

you can ride the same Disney rides for decades,
over and over no matter what

hhn houses are a once per year and they're done.
it's not the same.
it's like if you could only watch lord of the rings for one year and it stops existing.
Have you been paying attention to the state of media? And, frankly, more creative products have been lost to time than you could ever consume.

I’ve seen Lord of the Rings. I don’t need to see it again. Anything I “miss,” in my only consumption of it, I can live with not knowing I missed it. I value a breadth of experiences. I have no interest in gorging myself on a single snack.

(And the handful of things I DO repeat, are mostly comedies because I like the emotion the invoke with no effort. It’s not because I’m trying to maximize the consumption. That just sounds exhausting.)

Have you been paying attention to the state of media? And, frankly, more creative products have been lost to time than you could ever consume.

I’ve seen Lord of the Rings. I don’t need to see it again. Anything I “miss,” in my only consumption of it, I can live with not knowing I missed it. I value a breadth of experiences. I have no interest in gorging myself on a single snack.

(And the handful of things I DO repeat, are mostly comedies because I like the emotion the invoke with no effort. It’s not because I’m trying to maximize the consumption. That just sounds exhausting.)

more repeat visits to hhn houses, more memories.
I did US a handful of times and I have zero memories of it. same with SAW. don't remember anything

but I still remember houses from 17 years ago I repeated

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Sledge
Hello, at this time, Halloween Horror Nights multi-night passes with Express are sold out. We don't have any additional information about their future availability. Guests are always welcome to stay tuned to our socials and our website for the most up-to-date information.

Hello, at this time, Halloween Horror Nights multi-night passes with Express are sold out. We don't have any additional information about their future availability. Guests are always welcome to stay tuned to our socials and our website for the most up-to-date information.
Scared Teen Titans GIF by DC

I stand by my statement that the solution is other ticket package options; allow me a “6 night pass” where I have to specify which 6 nights I am going in advance, and charge me less than what I just paid for the FFP.

I don’t think I’m in the wrong for essentially picking all the dates when that is what I’m paying for.
You’re not in the wrong at all. I bought FFP w/Exp this year and put 10/23 as my 1st day since we are coming down for 5 days from NJ and staying on-site. Right after I paid for it, I instantly had regrets in case I wanna plan another last-minute trip down just to get my money’s worth. This is the first year I am doing an October trip as the last 5 years we’ve gotten ROF w/Exp but after last year’s Sept crowds and brutal heat, we decided to try an October trip. After seeing the price increases, I am beginning to question our decision but we are locked in now. I definitely think Uni needs to consider another option for OOS guests who do multiple nights or as others have said, decrease the price of the pass for later start dates. Really hoping I don’t regret my decision to switch from Sept to Oct this year!

IT'S A SYNTH

Whoa. Disappointing. Just got home from work and tried to buy my tickets only to find the express sold out. I can’t fault them for trying to address capacity issues but it sure would have been nice to get a heads up. I’m probably in the minority but it has a big impact on my vacation plans. Definitely a shorter trip if the option is unavailable.

Wow, HHN went and speedran becoming SDCC this year lol.

Honestly, I was wrong about everything. I didn't think they'd raise prices that much, but they have a clear sign that it doesn't even matter; the demand is there and they will sell out, regardless of price. They probably have 30-40% more room to increase prices, and that's an enviable, Disney-status place to be and they should take advantage of it. My only lament is that it really does increasingly price people out of the event (as people here have noted) and that does make me a little sad for less economically advantaged fans. :/

I agree with this. I rarely consume the same media twice. This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone, but there's such a constant flood of new things out there and I find it important to challenge myself with the new rather than comfort myself with the old. It's simply a way of continuing to self-improve. And some people argue that the classics have timeless themes, but I don't need to read Crime & Punishment again (excellent work that it is). Also, upon critical reexamination, you may start to realize that Ghostbusters actually isn't that great your idols may need to come down a peg.

That said, I do go through houses multiple times, but I'm only there for a couple days each year and it's an in-person experience that's spent with friends so I feel like that's the important bit. Also, no express gang for life.

Honestly, I was wrong about everything. I didn't think they'd raise prices that much, but they have a clear sign that it doesn't even matter; the demand is there and they will sell out, regardless of price. They probably have 30-40% more room to increase prices, and that's an enviable, Disney-status place to be and they should take advantage of it. My only lament is that it really does increasingly price people out of the event (as people here have noted) and that does make me a little sad for less economically advantaged fans. :/

Rush of Fear didn’t go up at all. Regular passes went up a little.