Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, only us fanboys will probably buy a ticket no matter what. I hear regular people complaining about how stupid the theme for HHN and Howl-O-Scream is every year when they do know the theme.

Well boo-who to them...Meanwhile we are having fun trying to guess the theme / houses / icons and so on threw clues and hints on the internet and leaked information. YES!!!

I'm a-lookin', but I'm not seeing this :lol: Are we talking the official HHN page, this one?

And to put your other question to bed --- no one knows the figures other than Universal execs. But suffice to say it's a bunch.

He's talking about this one: http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando?ref=ts

And he's referring to this post: "As an employee for USO, i must inform you that no official "theme" has been announced as of this time. It is true that this year marks the 20th anniversary of HHN, however that may or may not refer to the final theme as appearing on opening night. for more information, please look into http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/.
Thanks and we at Universal hope to see everyone come out and........ Play... :)"

I don't think he meant that the theme won't be revealed until opening night..

I'm a-lookin', but I'm not seeing this :lol: Are we talking the official HHN page, this one?

And to put your other question to bed --- no one knows the figures other than Universal execs. But suffice to say it's a bunch.

well hear ya go.... (Tyler Weiss: As an employee for USO, i must inform you that no official "theme" has been announced as of this time. It is true that this year marks the 20th anniversary of HHN, however that may or may not refer to the final theme as appearing on opening night. for more information, please look into ) he wrote it six hours ago take a good look

http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando

thanks for the answer on the figure. I did some searching myself they can make up to 3 - 5 million a week on the event alone possibly even more in orlando, they compared it to a motion picture although hhn is the only investment that they bust even real quick.

I may buy me some land and build a theme park just with haunted houses & roller coasters and keep it open 12 months out of the year

He's talking about this one: http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando?ref=ts

And he's referring to this post: "As an employee for USO, i must inform you that no official "theme" has been announced as of this time. It is true that this year marks the 20th anniversary of HHN, however that may or may not refer to the final theme as appearing on opening night. for more information, please look into http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/.
Thanks and we at Universal hope to see everyone come out and........ Play... :)"

I don't think he meant that the theme won't be revealed until opening night..

Ahhhhhh yes ok, I was looking at the event page. :doh: And yes, I agree that he's not saying we won't know the theme before opening night, but that there has been no official theme announced yet.

I hate to say this but they will announce the theme before the event opens it is their biggest money maker but they like to draw the local crowd the does not follow it like their religion also .

Last edited:
The theme without a doubt will be announced before the event starts. Imagine them trying to market it to the out of state and foreign audiences.

"THIS WILL BE OUR SCARIEST YEAR YET. If you thought last year was scary. *Julian, Wolfman, Chucky, Billy flash across screen* than you haven't seen anything yet. *blank screen* and you won't until you buy your ticket and come out here. The theme is a big secret. So don't tell."

The theme without a doubt will be announced before the event starts. Imagine them trying to market it to the out of state and foreign audiences.

"THIS WILL BE OUR SCARIEST YEAR YET. If you thought last year was scary. *Julian, Wolfman, Chucky, Billy flash across screen* than you haven't seen anything yet. *blank screen* and you won't until you buy your ticket and come out here. The theme is a big secret. So don't tell."

I know they market to Georgia and their on site resorts if they didn't release the theme it would be bad marketing . Today or tomorrow they behind the screams should go live then next week LT should kick up some then Sept 8th or around their the lantern will probably lead us into the teaser site about the houses and scare zones . Then I would say the week of the Sept 16 would be the final update then the following week is opening night . If Universal does not get on with it today or tomorrow I don't see them having enough time to update the site .

Well usually the full site unveiling happens at the end of August about a month before the opening date. If they did 3 pictures last week, I wouldn't be surprised if we get 3 or 4 over the next couple of weeks each until the full site unveil.

I can see Universal trying to do that...I highly dought it though, but it's posiable.

I know they market to Georgia and their on site resorts if they didn't release the theme it would be bad marketing . Today or tomorrow they behind the screams should go live then next week LT should kick up some then Sept 8th or around their the lantern will probably lead us into the teaser site about the houses and scare zones . Then I would say the week of the Sept 16 would be the final update then the following week is opening night . If Universal does not get on with it today or tomorrow I don't see them having enough time to update the site .

For all I know, Universal can change things up and update to site whenever they what to...but, I think I will have to agree on you though but there is like only two things that needed to be updated before they revile the big HHN theme.

Well usually the full site unveiling happens at the end of August about a month before the opening date. If they did 3 pictures last week, I wouldn't be surprised if we get 3 or 4 over the next couple of weeks each until the full site unveil.

True. I wouldn't be surprized ether if Universal did this.

Well I have seen the layout and its definately legit, but I have to make a couple of corrections to the scene layout list:

Scene 5 also has listed charging station, and scene 7 is scene shop not soap. There is also a house code word on there, but I won't reveal that unless otherwise told its ok to, or revealed by someone else.

when i first signed up i said that some of the houses could be double the size and we may not know the theme before opening day and everyone hated :lol: im still not right though cause we still know nothing

but seriously about the marketing, don't you think they will still make the money even if no one knows the theme and the decide to unvail it the day of?

Well I have seen the layout and its definately legit, but I have to make a couple of corrections to the scene layout list:

Scene 5 also has listed charging station, and scene 7 is scene shop not soap. There is also a house code word on there, but I won't reveal that unless otherwise told its ok to, or revealed by someone else.

I don't see a codeword or anything, but there's no doubt in my mind the house is Left 4 Dead or atleast inspired by L4D.