Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at the photo of the facade of Shady Brook in the new Environments slideshow, compared to the polaroid clue in the lantern of that facade plan.......... There's no doubt that's Shady Brook. Also -- not sure if this is intentional or not (probably not) -- but the thumbnail image of the Shady Brook pic centers directly on the window, which is featured in the polaroid clue.......

I'd bet my paycheck at this point that we'll be visiting Psychoscarepy this October.

I think they put ship of screams on there for a reason, because thats a very random choice and theres been rumors about its return. Was the first one any good?

Wow I never thought we'd be here in August without a real clue, they've done a great job I just hope one day we'll get to see a Voldemort scarezone at IOA and maybe a house in the FJ queue...

My theory is we are traveling back in time, and Shadow Creek is the former military hospital that eventually became Shady Brook. They did military experiments here both on the body and mind, and when too many people went crazy, to cover themselves up they became Shadybrook Insane Asylum.

do they have to get any licenses to have freddy and jason walk around in a sacrezone?

also didn't we hear a rumor on here that directors were working with certain houses exclusively?

i take back what i said about shadow creek. The event opens up in almost a month, why is it they take such a risk on not releaseing the houses blows my mind. They havent told us anything yet and a move like that says alot, its more then just keeping it hush hush cause they are still making that money at the end of they day SO I am convinced that the houses and theme arent the only thing that is going to be a suprise.

Just imagine walking up to that MASSIVE 2 STORY REUNION HOUSE (if it happens)

--- Update ---

I still don't know how a house that we know absolutely NOTHING about doesn't fit with the theme. It's the only house we even know anything remotely about and we don't even know the theme or the point.

it kills me to agree with you but your right :)

maybe i was just so expecting a whole reunion thing but coming to think of it that idea sounds boring now. they def are going to hit us with a jab this year.

how many house did they have all together when it was at both parks?

I'm intrigued by Vyrus's notion of time travel. Although I don't think my particular idea is true, I think it would be cool to go back to a time when the icons were first becoming icons. Back to when Screamhouse was first getting it's reputation, when Jack was still a young pup, and when the storyteller first created the Terra Queen. "Shadows of the Past" indeed.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by Vyrus's notion of time travel. Although I don't think my particular idea is true, I think it would be cool to go back to a time when the icons were first becoming icons. Back to when Screamhouse was first getting it's reputation, when Jack was still a young pup, and when the storyteller first created the Terra Queen. "Shadows of the Past" indeed.

I like that, its possible, that this year's tagline will eventually become Shadows of the Past, who knows, cause 20 Year of Fear doesn't have that full ooomph. But maybe we are getting Shadybrook before it became what it is, the disaster queue is the city before the Caretaker took over and killed everyone, maybe one is a circus before Jack went nuts, and the other is a film set of the Directors last movie before he decided that film was art = killing.

do they have to get any licenses to have freddy and jason walk around in a sacrezone?

also didn't we hear a rumor on here that directors were working with certain houses exclusively?
They'd have to renew the New Line Cinema/WB contract. As far as houses made by directors I think that's more Hollywood, since they are getting '1000 Corpses' house that Zombie collaborated on.

Not necissarily Jake, they only have to renew the rights if they want to advertise the characters. But remember in the original all Nght Die In, they used Myers, Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface without any contracts.

Not necissarily Jake, they only have to renew the rights if they want to advertise the characters. But remember in the original all Nght Die In, they used Myers, Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface without any contracts.

I think to promote Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface, they need the rights. But if they are just putting then in a house and not promoteing them. Then it's ok because Universal isn't making money on there image.

Anyway, wow alot happens when your gone one day! :lol:

^ That has to be a code name....It's to broad and undetailed. But kinda helps the thought of a Vampyr house once again in Disaster! I mean a "CAGE" Vampire. :lol:

My first thought was it was a code for a scareactor in a cage of some sort. Maybe an actual cage or a jail cell or something along those lines. :shrug:

I did a House in Georgia ( the amazing Netherworld) You went though a Spinning Tunnel and before you did they gave you a story about how you were entering a Time machine to travel back to the Blood Night(they had a very cool machine that was of course said to be a Time Machine. I am not a fan of the Freddy's , Jason or Leatherface they have been used to death and nothing New can come of it. I would be surprised to see them used again, It is always possible but I don't Think Probable. There will not be a 2 Story House maybe one large House which not sure how that would fare I can't see Universal using a whole Soundstage for a House But stranger things have happened.

The web page in My opinion is lining things up to see a return of 16 with some twist. I think we will see returns of Bloody Mary and the Usher. If they do redo the Houses I think Universal May reach Much farther back then people expect. I think we will see a return of The Museum of Horror. But my biggest thing we shall see is how the city of Carey, Ohio plays a part in HHN XX