Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe this had something to do with it if its in Jaws. Probably not but hey you never know maybe it was a ventilation unit?
95rgaa.jpg

34pi4gh.jpg

When were those taken?

Does anyone else think that they are trying to create a continuing story/ series of houses for Zombiegeddon? They keep saying that this year is about establishing new houses and traditions. It seems like giving the Zeds a scarezone and a house with the same storyline. Is this "North American zombie outbreak" meant to try to capitalize on the "zombie phenomenon." If so, I think they might have put their eggs in the wrong basket. Zombies have hit their peak in Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and Zombieland.

I wouldn't say it's too late for the Zombie craze.
Walking Dead is airing on AMC the end of October.
A show based on Zombies and several movies in developement, Zombies will be around for a while.

--- Update ---

They routinely use cranes for AC work, usually the only way to get the units on the roof.
Is this considered one of the "hot" houses by the SAs?

I wouldn't say it's too late for the Zombie craze.
Walking Dead is airing on AMC the end of October.
A show based on Zombies and several movies in developement, Zombies will be around for a while.

--- Update ---

They routinely use cranes for AC work, usually the only way to get the units on the roof.
Is this considered one of the "hot" houses by the SAs?

I know it was for Friday the 13th but they were wearing huge ass suits for Jason. Ask Jake, he was a SAW scareactor last year.

Wait a second, how can they have an open flame in Jaws? It's to compact as it is and the flame will need alot of open room and ventilation (unless they are talking a down right punny candle light flame). But anyways, I think the flame will not be in Jaws. If anything, it might be in Hades. A Sound Stage 23 house with plenty of open room to build on.

Brian Brushwood tweeted some HHN related stuff today.

"needed a place for my HHN stuff this year, so I nabbed MenaceAndMalice.com..."

"Oh, and going to do a big HHN livestream Monday, 9pm EDT..."

The last one is in response to someone asking how much new material is in this year's show.

"@domenikat at *least* 100% ...that's the benefit to doing 2 totally different shows!!"

Oh, and as far as the whole fire thing goes, why do i get the feeling that the house is going to have a small to medium sized fire when we're expecting an inferno ? (Or at least i'm hoping for an inferno. :lol: ) The soundstages were NOT built to handle ANY amount of fire. If they're doing a fire, it's gonna be somewhere outside. As much as having a fire in hades would be awesome, unless they've come up with a brilliant setup to hold the fire, it's a 95% chance in my mind that it will be The Orfanage.

Last edited:
They where saying inside open flame and not outside. By the way, congrats on the dalmation!

Thanks.

--- Update ---

Brian Brushwood tweeted some HHN related stuff today.

The last one is in response to someone asking how much new material is in this year's show.

Oh, and as far as the whole fire thing goes, why do i get the feeling that the house is going to have a small to medium sized fire when we're expecting an inferno ? (Or at least i'm hoping for an inferno. :lol: )

Like the Mummy.... that would be scary!

I really hope everyone isn't expecting a large fire. When I read about an "open flame" that implied to me that there will be a small and tame flame. They even said that it is an "experiment." You don't experiment with a huge amount of fire, you experiment with a small, controllable amount. When you experiment with other types of food you aren't used to, you don't order everything on the menu, you order something small and palatable.

My guess is that one of the rooms in Orphanage is going to look like it's burning down. I think we'll walk through the room and a wall far away from us is going to be burning and there'll be some other objects on fire, but all far away from us. I think that would work because we'd still feel the heat and it'd be an impressive theming element.