Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really sorry if this got posted already!

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...rsary-edition-of-halloween-horror-nights.aspx

According to Jim Hill,

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (highlight below)

That article is more of a responce to the conference call podcast than anything new. By the way which is here on BTT's site if anyone whats to hear the whole 49 min thing:

http://behindthethrills.com/?p=2090

I find it though very educational, and I am glad about what I am hearing from Universal's HHN Department.

Last edited:
They mentioned this in the conference call...... My first thought was Hades also, but don't forget the plot of the Orfanage........

Maybe it's just me - but I can see this "open flame" going the way of the Bloody Mary/Clownovision airbags in that they get turned off by the second or third week of the event. For such an event to be safely pulled off it's going to have to be far away from guests and pretty much completely caged... will the form following function hurt the overall effect? We shall see...

Maybe it's just me - but I can see this "open flame" going the way of the Bloody Mary/Clownovision airbags in that they get turned off by the second or third week of the event. For such an event to be safely pulled off it's going to have to be far away from guests and pretty much completely caged... will the form following function hurt the overall effect? We shall see...

The Bloody Mary airbags added a lot....... It was a shame they were given up on so early. Another one in that category is the inflatable clown dolls in Chucky's house last year. I remember that being really creepy and claustrophobic the first time through, but it didn't take long for them all to be destroyed and deflated. Although I have a feeling this was due more to drunk people "fighting" the clowns more than anything else.

The Bloody Mary airbags added a lot....... It was a shame they were given up on so early. Another one in that category is the inflatable clown dolls in Chucky's house last year. I remember that being really creepy and claustrophobic the first time through, but it didn't take long for them all to be destroyed and deflated. Although I have a feeling this was due more to drunk people "fighting" the clowns more than anything else.

Which room? I guess when I went they must have been gone.

Which room? I guess when I went they must have been gone.

If I remember correct, it was midway-to-endish part of the house, not long before the room with the toy soldiers and Chucky on the machine gun. I seem to remember it being sort of like going through a small bedroom or between bunk beds or something, and there were all these inflatable clowns lining the path on both sides, tied down and angled out so you had to push through their faces to get through the room. It maybe only lasted the first weekend before they were all deflated or push back against the wall, where you simply walked past them. Completely lost the effect. But again, with drunk morons coming through acting like Rocky, they didn't stand a chance.

Reactions: Rock'nRoller
If I remember correct, it was midway-to-endish part of the house, not long before the room with the toy soldiers and Chucky on the machine gun. I seem to remember it being sort of like going through a small bedroom or between bunk beds or something, and there were all these inflatable clowns lining the path on both sides, tied down and angled out so you had to push through their faces to get through the room. It maybe only lasted the first weekend before they were all deflated or push back against the wall, where you simply walked past them. Completely lost the effect. But again, with drunk morons coming through acting like Rocky, they didn't stand a chance.

Oh-ok, I remember that room now. I didn't see the clowns though but know what your talking about. Thanks! :rep:

I'm planning on going opening night and then doing UTH tour the next day. I'm even more encouraged to do this opening weekend (or early on) hearing about the elements that get turned off and ruined as the event goes on. Then again, opening night is a big night, so to those who have attended in the past, is it really busy? or just moderately busy?

PS: hatetofly, I've been told by others that street contruction doesn't start until after Rock the Universe is over.

I'm planning on going opening night and then doing UTH tour the next day. I'm even more encouraged to do this opening weekend (or early on) hearing about the elements that get turned off and ruined as the event goes on. Then again, opening night is a big night, so to those who have attended in the past, is it really busy? or just moderately busy?

I would say moderately busy, but nothing close to peak nights in mid-October. General consensus seems to be that first and last weekends are the tamest.

Then how busy would you say that Friday Oct. 8th would be??? I wanted to go with enough time for things to be perfected but not destroyed.

Count on 30-120 minute waits for all the houses all night long.

They mentioned this in the conference call...... My first thought was Hades also, but don't forget the plot of the Orfanage........

I have my money on the Orfanage as well. I don't think they can do the flames in the sound stage. There's not much ventilation. In the Jaws queue, it's kinda open air. Zombiegeddon makes the most sense in that aspect, but I think it'll be Jaws.

I just don't know how they are going to do it and keep it away from guests. Behind glass or something? I don't know. It shall be interesting.

Then how busy would you say that Friday Oct. 8th would be??? I wanted to go with enough time for things to be perfected but not destroyed.

Hard to say (although it'll definitely be better than the following weekend), but that's not a bad plan. Gives the cast a couple weeks to get in the groove......

I have my money on the Orfanage as well. I don't think they can do the flames in the sound stage. There's not much ventilation. In the Jaws queue, it's kinda open air. Zombiegeddon makes the most sense in that aspect, but I think it'll be Jaws.

I just don't know how they are going to do it and keep it away from guests. Behind glass or something? I don't know. It shall be interesting.

Yup, Orfanage makes sense taking the sound stage aspect into consideration.....

Wouldn't you want the fire in a location that has sprinklers and other fire-prevention...tools readily available?

True, but I think it'll be a big concern no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a fire marshal or someone on stand-by at all times, just in case. But I'm sure they've got their bases covered -- no way they want to compromise something so dangerous. Could you imagine a house going up in flames during an event, with a congo line of buzzed people trapped inside?....... Hmmm, we might see that theme at HHN 30.

Maybe this had something to do with it if its in Jaws. Probably not but hey you never know maybe it was a ventilation unit?
95rgaa.jpg

34pi4gh.jpg