Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So no one is gonna give me props for being right on my house predictions last week? :lol:

:rep: Props! ;-D

I'm playing catch-up, so a few things:

-- Rockit definitely will be running. At this point there's no reason it shouldn't be, and it's a great crowd-eater. Plus, didn't someone already point out that their HHN ticket said "No Express for Rockit" - meaning it will be open?

-- I think using the Beetlejuice show would be a great idea, but if that's in the plans they definitely didn't include it in the "Shows" list.

-- My first thought after the reveal for HHN XX: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the slate. I think the originality of the houses and zones exceeded what I was expecting for this year, as I really expected them to pull from the past a lot more than they did (and BIG kudos for resisting that urge). I also love the spectrum we're getting. The houses are covering a wide range of themes, vibes, and elements. Everything from ancient underworlds, to Dark Ages black plague-ingested Europe, to steam punk, to slight futuristic/sci-fi-ish areas like Havoc and ZombieGeddon, to ghost stories with the Wyandot Estate and Psychoscareapy (great twist on this one by the way, using a ghost version of a classic), to honoring the past with ONE house (kudos again) and a scarezone, all tied together by a central thread -- Fear himself, who's been behind the whole thing. They really covered the bases with this line-up, and I couldn't be happier. I'm far more excited for this than I was last year's, which seemed like a lot of the same thing. Just from pre-game perspective, they're earning a solid A- so far.......

1. Nothing's ever a definite given with Rockit... :-S

2. Maybe Beetlejuice is not included in the same way that Mummy, MiB, etc. are not included because they are existing attractions even though they still run during HHN. They have the cast, crew and the stage all set. They just need to pay the cast and crew extra for the night shows. This would be a BIG budget and time saver for the event. Plus it's a Universal classic and fits the theme. It definitely could work.

3. Completely agree! They've pulled out great original stuff for this year and I cannot wait!

Check our Twitter feed as we are updating it live with news regarding this year's event as we speak with Universal Creative.
If you missed the conference call, you can listen to it in it's entirety HERE. Skip the first 11 minutes as it's bad audio from the conference and a roll call.

:rep: Thanks and Thanks! :rep:

"Fear has been with this event for the 20 years. When you see Fear standing with the 5 icons, you will know why he is 'Fear'."

Fear's face looks like it has "vines," if that makes any sense. Vines > nature > tree > family tree > icons are the offspring/creations of Fear?? Maybe Fear is a sort of ancient and primitive god that is closely tied in to nature and the dark side of human nature?? Maybe they're just veins and not vines?? LOL idk... :p

"The Lantern is part of who Fear is."
That makes me think, again, of Fear and the Lantern as a sort of mix between Pandora's box and Genie in a bottle/lamp :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyrus
I'm not sure what to think of this years Psycoscareapy. Is it going to be paranormal like Legendary Truth (which would be odd having two of the same right next to each other) or more like the older houses with the inmates taking over the asylum sort of thing. If it's the first then the house seems really disapointing. And with Jack being a figure of Psychoscareapy will he make an appearance?

I think Jack will not be in Psychoscareapy as he will probably be in the HHN Hallow'd Past as well as XX Fear revealed. From my take I am going to guess that it will incorporate classic Shadybrook humor with scares mixed in. Maybe ghosts trapped within Shadybrook are trying to escape?

2. Maybe Beetlejuice is not included in the same way that Mummy, MiB, etc. are not included because they are existing attractions even though they still run during HHN. They have the cast, crew and the stage all set. They just need to pay the cast and crew extra for the night shows. This would be a BIG budget and time saver for the event. Plus it's a Universal classic and fits the theme. It definitely could work.

I had that exact that after I posted --- and I think you're right, it makes complete sense.

Not to mention - if they had listed this as an official "Show", how many people would've screamed "FOUL! That show already existed! They're cheating us!"

Last edited:
I think Jack will not be in Psychoscareapy as he will probably be in the HHN Hallow'd Past as well as XX Fear revealed. From my take I am going to guess that it will incorporate classic Shadybrook humor with scares mixed in. Maybe ghosts trapped within Shadybrook are trying to escape?

Yeah, Jack's definitely not going to be in Psychoscareapy. Let's take into consideration that Jack was only a temporary resident of Shadybrook. :)

It looks like the only "icon" in another house besides the tribute house will be Cindy in the Orfanage, otherwise, all houses seem to be completely original.

--- Update ---

Esquelto Muerte is in Production Central, not Kidzone. I expect we may see some spillover from Mel's into central park, though.

The Coven - Shrek Alley
Saws n Steam - New York
Esqueleto Muerte - Production Central
XX Fear Revealed - Mels with a stage for show possibly?
HHN: 20 years - Hollywood

Does that sound about right? No SZ in kidzone this year I guess because of the return of Bushwood.

It looks like the only "icon" in another house besides the tribute house will be Cindy in the Orfanage, otherwise, all houses seem to be completely original.

--- Update ---

The Coven - Shrek Alley
Saws n Steam - New York

Does that sound about right? No SZ in kidzone this year I guess because of the return of Bushwood.

Fear Revealed seems like it's going to be a show only. I can see HHN: 20 Years bleeding into that general area, though.

Concerning the story behind Fear Revealed; it's interesting to see what "soul" each Icon is associated with. Jack with Chaos, Caretaker with Death, Director with Sacrifice, Storyteller with Mythos, and Usher with Vengeance. I guess they'll be bringing their creator onto the world of HHN. Let's see if this new character plays a more prominent role in future HHN. They did say they were going to be taking a new direction with future HHNs...

Well XXFR can probably be a mixture of a show and zone because it is listed under the zones section, well so is B&T, so who knows. I used to love the arrival shows.

The Coven - Shrek Alley
Saws n Steam - New York

And Zombie Gras will be in San Fransico.

Has the commercial begun showing? From HHNRumors:
Well, I cannot vouch for this myself but apparently the HHN commercial has been seen. It was described in an email as follows:

"The Horror Nights commercial is a UO security guard who walks into a warehouse. The lantern is shown engulfed in flames and then a black smokey matter attacks the guard. Logo then a flashlight flickering on the floor. Its being shown in the previews for The Last Exorcism. "

This lines up with what has been sent in earlier this year about the commercial being filmed at a warehouse in Sanford, FL by the Spierig brothers. Hopefully video will follow (just not wise to film ANYTHING in a theater.)

So it's playing in theaters as a preview? I dunno why, but I find that very cool. Has that been done before?

They did it last year as well but I don't recall if it was before or after airing on TV.

Just an FYI, I've been told that the one being shown during the previews is the Coke version.