Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then perhaps it was a valve on the thickening unit. I believe it was Martin that mentioned the thickening device as being part of the problem.

I did, but the other way around. Things were getting a little too thick at TF.

The LN2 issue at Gringotts is a design issue that I hope can be fixed soon.

Basically there aren't enough nozzles to consistently cover the desired area.

Yes, fog effect at transformers is quite different now, I preferred it the way it was before, but probably people complained about it.

As for the gringotts smoke, I think that what they should have done, is to have a fogger in front of the screen/door (as they have it now) and one at the other side as well, so when the screen pulls away, the tunnel would have smoke in it as well.

Back when transformers opened it filled the whole car for 2 to 3 seconds. The way it is now is better than nothung but it could be turned up just a bit. A little bit more would help obstruct/distract for people to tell the city scape is just a picture.

I don't really think there's an issue with coverage. The issue I've experienced numerous times has more to do with the fog machines either cutting off early or not firing at all. I've seen all four (?) nozzles fire off properly and thought the coverage was fine, though they could stand to start up one or two seconds earlier imo.

Back when transformers opened it filled the whole car for 2 to 3 seconds. The way it is now is better than nothung but it could be turned up just a bit. A little bit more would help obstruct/distract for people to tell the city scape is just a picture.

Honestly they could cut that fog effect altogether if they would just take out the murals and replace them with themed walls or something. The murals are an issue because the city is always presented through a screen up to that point. I'd be interested to know why the murals + fog effect were chosen instead of something else (more walls/props, screen displaying static projection, etc).

Just came across this picture online. Do they have goblins on the outside of the bank like this???
gringotts2.jpg

The line on Saturday said 60 minutes but once I got back there, it was backed up all the way past the ride vehicle prop. That had to be at least 90 minutes.

I'm going to arrive at Universal two weeks from today and I can't wait to experience Diagon Alley and Escape from Gringotts! I've heard that the queue can be a fair bit longer or shorter than posted, which makes sense, so I was hoping that someone who has visited a few times could help me - assuming no breakdowns, are there any notable points in the queue that can be assumed to be a certain amount of time from riding? For instance, assuming no breakdowns, how long a wait is it from the time you enter the lobby with the goblins to boarding, or how long a wait from the first musion effect? A range of points and potential wait times would be great if anyone can help!

I'm going to arrive at Universal two weeks from today and I can't wait to experience Diagon Alley and Escape from Gringotts! I've heard that the queue can be a fair bit longer or shorter than posted, which makes sense, so I was hoping that someone who has visited a few times could help me - assuming no breakdowns, are there any notable points in the queue that can be assumed to be a certain amount of time from riding? For instance, assuming no breakdowns, how long a wait is it from the time you enter the lobby with the goblins to boarding, or how long a wait from the first musion effect? A range of points and potential wait times would be great if anyone can help!

I would say it's 15 to 20 once you get inside. When you get to the preshow it's less than 5. And the entire covered outdoor queue is 60 to 90.

Thanks for the info - are there any landmarks in the outdoor queue to help work out the length or is it mainly switchbacks?

Basically just switchbacks. There is a Gringotts cart but it's practically at the very end. After you pass the cart i would say its no more than an hour at that point and closer to 90 if its completly full in the covered part. As long as the line is under the covered part it's worth the wait. Especially for a first time rider. If it's out in the uncovered part then idk how long is might be. Just know it is over 90.

It can all be pretty variable depending on breakdowns and how many trains are running. Does anyone know if they have reached full cap yet or are they at least consistently running a set number?

It can all be pretty variable depending on breakdowns and how many trains are running. Does anyone know if they have reached full cap yet or are they at least consistently running a set number?

I don't know about full capacity yet, but they've been running 7 trains or so regularly now. There's some timing and staging issues still in addition to the not operating effects.

I'd say once you hit the pre-show you're 10-15 minutes till you board FWIW. Once you're in the main hall it's at max a 30 minute wait.