Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Dragon is the show stopper in the land. Don't be too stressed about it. I think Uni is waiting until the last second to install it because of how grand it is. Beyond the technology and engineering required to pull it off, it's going to be the main focus of the entire land. It looks HUGE!!!!

Yes, they might want the dragon to be one of the last pieces to be installed, to "save it" for the very end. However, there must be some issues going on with it because they need plenty of time to test it once it's in place, to make sure it's functional for the opening. A lot could go wrong with installing it and they wouldn't want to risk putting it up too last-minute. Teebin's previous comments have me worried!

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, the whole idea of revisiting a scene from the movies but from an alternate perspective makes using Harry easier. It's funny that I've heard BTTF 2 referenced. When the original actor for George McFly didn't come back for the sequel they still showed his scenes from BTTF 1 but from a different perspective. I think it's becoming clear that what we see of Harry in the ride will be limited to what happens to his character in the scene from HP7 Pt 2.

It would be amazing if they used alternate/different camera shots of his filming from DHPt2. While I don't mind them reusing what we've already seen before, I think an alternate camera view of him during those same shots would be a million times more interesting! Plus, we are getting freshly filmed scenes from a lot of the other actors that came back. I think it will all work out in the end.

Teebin's previous comments have me worried!

Ok, perhaps I have overplaying the possible end result. Truth is, there have been some major issues that cropped up and had to be overcome. I can only imagine they will get everything corrected and it will look absolutely breathtaking and function wonderfully. If not, then we can assume that corners had to be cut at the last moment.

You're assuming the Dragon is animated. It's probably all static unless Universal has just created the 8th wonder of the world. lol. :cheers: There is a test structure on the roof now so most of the site fire testing could be done. You can see the gas farm on the roof. All they need to do is put the shell on and bolt everything down run the gas through, test for a bit then open. If there was anything too wrong the June 17th invites would not have been mailed out. :thumbs:

You're assuming the Dragon is animated. It's probably all static unless Universal has just created the 8th wonder of the world. lol. :cheers: There is a test structure on the roof now so most of the site fire testing could be done. You can see the gas farm on the roof. All they need to do is put the shell on and bolt everything down run the gas through, test for a bit then open. If there was anything too wrong the June 17th invites would not have been mailed out. :thumbs:

Yes, I am. At the very least I hope its mouth opens when fire comes out. You are assuming it doesn't move?? That's fine, because clearly neither one of us knows for fact...guess we'll see what happens.

I'd look at the walk-through on the official site for the most likely representation of what we'll be getting with the dragon. More of a fire breathing statue is what it looks like.

Yes, I am. At the very least I hope its mouth opens when fire comes out. You are assuming it doesn't move?? That's fine, because clearly neither one of us knows for fact...guess we'll see what happens.

I'm sorry if you thought I was being a jerk. I wasn't meaning to be. It can't move. Not with today's technology and Universal's safety standards. They wouldn't risk it. The dragon will virtually be a statue with fire breathing out of it. Just doing that is a huge and incredible engineering feat considering it's size and position on the roof. The vendor that's making it makes airplanes for the most part. based on it's position it will accept some flex from wind, etc and will sway a bit, but it won't have animation.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you thought I was being a jerk. I wasn't meaning to be. It can't move. Not with today's technology and Universal's safety standards. They wouldn't risk it. The dragon will virtually be a statue with fire breathing out of it. Just doing that is a huge and incredible engineering feat considering it's size and position on the roof. The vendor that's making it makes airplanes for the most part. based on it's position it will accept some flex from wind, etc and will sway a bit, but it won't have animation.

Thanks for the info. I would be ok with a statue as long as it looks like the dragon in the movies and not a stone/sculpture look. I hope they paint it to look "lifelike" :smiley:

Thanks for the info. I would be ok with a statue as long as it looks like the dragon in the movies and not a stone/sculpture look. I hope they paint it to look "lifelike" :smiley:

If they paint it to look life-like, it will look like a statue. That dragon is all white from living it's whole life in the caverns of Gringotts.

If they paint it to look life-like, it will look like a statue. That dragon is all white from living it's whole life in the caverns of Gringotts.

No. You don't make sense to me. I know what the dragon in the movie looked like. It did not look like stone or cement.

That's insane. The sense is in the pudding.

:bang: Honestly not trying to argue with you here, I know the dragon in the movie is white! Just want it's appearance to be "lifelike" skin and not like a cement gargoyle. If that doesn't make sense, no worries. I have no idea what it's going to look like.

Heck, they could probably repaint one of those Dueling Dragon sculptures they ripped out and slap that on the building and it would look decent.

cimg-0574.JPG

:bang: Honestly not trying to argue with you here, I know the dragon in the movie is white! Just want it's appearance to be "lifelike" skin and not like a cement gargoyle. If that doesn't make sense, no worries. I have no idea what it's going to look like.

Heck, they could probably repaint one of those Dueling Dragon sculptures they ripped out and slap that on the building and it would look decent.

cimg-0574.JPG

I sure do miss that Dueling Dragons entrance.

Reactions: Cwoolboy