Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few predictions:

We finally get the Shrieking Shack. Maybe off in the distance like the old Bates Motel? Maybe in the queue like Hagrid's Hut? Or maybe the queue passes through it? Or maybe the load station is in the Shrieking Shack. Anyway. I bet it finally makes it appearance one way or another.

Firenze will rival The Shamen, not really, but close enough in the given applications. Gwarp will be better than Kong.
:thumbsup:....Receives the Predictions Seal of Approval.

Reactions: Nico and UK-Trigg
A few predictions:
- Luna Lovegood will be featured in the new area (ride, store, queue, whatever).
- The conductor will leave as does the train. They will be re-placed as an extension of the train station.
- The wall will be torn down (partially).
- The queue/holding area will have a show.
- The ride will disappoint Six Flags Coaster enthusiasts, they better go to their local theme park, this will be a hybrid with the main attraction being the story.
- It will scare the sh!t out of most kids even though it's a family ride.

The waits were ~30 mins all day, but they did have 4 trains on so that helped with capacity a lot. First time I'd seen two trains running same time in a long time. Was sad to say goodbye, but I'm excited for the future.

Oh, and I got a lot of video of the ride, including a full tour of the queue and even the tapestries you can't usually see in the candle room. Hope to get it up by end of the week!

Although I never got to ride this in either iteration, still sad to see it go. However I am really excited for what's next especially getting a (rumored/speculated/semiconfirmed) look into the FF. I have visions of how immersive and grand in scale this attraction will be. How soon do we see demo start now that it's officially closed?

Was never my favorite ride, but I'll definitely miss at the end when you pull into the station and think your feet our going to be cut off! :shock:

The waits were ~30 mins all day, but they did have 4 trains on so that helped with capacity a lot. First time I'd seen two trains running same time in a long time. Was sad to say goodbye, but I'm excited for the future.

Oh, and I got a lot of video of the ride, including a full tour of the queue and even the tapestries you can't usually see in the candle room. Hope to get it up by end of the week!

I'm pretty sure they had three trains operating on each track. When I boarded ice, there was our train, a train in unload position, and one that had just begun to ascend the lifthill. They kept that line moving fast today!

I can always tell how much an attraction means to me by how motivated I am to ride it before a potential (or announced) permanent closure.

I had plenty of opportunities the past 3 weeks or so to go catch even just one ride. I even planned specifically to go today to ride it on it's last day. None of that was enough to get me to care enough to actually follow through and go over and catch one last ride. Can't wait to see what UOR come's up with for this new ride/area!

I can always tell how much an attraction means to me by how motivated I am to ride it before a potential (or announced) permanent closure.

I had plenty of opportunities the past 3 weeks or so to go catch even just one ride. I even planned specifically to go today to ride it on it's last day. None of that was enough to get me to care enough to actually follow through and go over and catch one last ride. Can't wait to see what UOR come's up with for this new ride/area!
3 miles away and nothing to do, and I still didn't make it over. :shrug:

Glad I rode it on my last trip. I remember being petrified of rollercoasters in general up until around 15 years old. I broke that by braving it and riding Kraken and just conquering the fear. The next day we hit IOA and I rode Dragon Challenge when they still duelled. I remember that feeling of being 6ft ( I was a tall teenager but haven't grown much since) and seeing the other carriage hurtle towards you with another tall guy at the front and hoping you don't break each other's legs.

Great ride in it's hay-day, looking forted to the replacement though.

It's been under UC's eyes to demo since Potter began development. They knew that a giant "eye sore" steel coaster next to Hogsmeade did not mix well with the great theming done inside of Hogsmeade.

How come they never painted the tracks? those colors didnt go with the new Potter area anyway, was it just too much work and not worth it? I still wish they had painted them when it changed to potter

I had a friend that worked at Universal and we got to see Islands of Adventure before it opened at the employee preview, almost twenty years ago.

I fought and screamed but he talked me into riding Dueling Dragons. It was the first coaster I had ever ridden. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Dragons. During the first drop on Fire I went from being terrified of coasters to absolutely loving them.

Yesterday with so many trains on we actually launched at the same time as the other side. The guy on the PA speaker said "Good luck, campions. Try to catch up to that Horntail." I got chills as both trains climbed the hill at the same time. It really took me back. And for a second I thought we might duel. But of course our train slowed down as they sped up. The same automatic mechanism put in place to sync the trains originally now utilized to de-sync them by slowing or speeding them up on the lift hill.

I'll miss Duelling Dragons with all my heart. I'll kind of miss Dragon Challenge's red side a little. The ride had become only half of what it once was.

Plus, I miss all the creepy skulls and bones from the queue, Merlin's voice, and the cool frozen ice room.

Status
Not open for further replies.