HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, some of you hopped on early to this show. I never saw the first years or birth etc.

Which one is Raegon and why is he a Stark/Targaryen?

If you're into it now you should really go back and watch those first years you missed, will shed some light on a lot of things going on and fill in the blanks. Plus there were a lot of great episodes like the Red Wedding.

If you're into it now you should really go back and watch those first years you missed, will shed some light on a lot of things going on and fill in the blanks. Plus there were a lot of great episodes like the Red Wedding.
The Red Wedding still pisses me off.

Ok, tonights episode was tiresome. Forgive me on names as I don't listen to them well.

The young sword/cult girl has been horribly boring since she found the cult. I miss the burnt face guy.

The cripple boy (who has grown up completely) is losing me completely. It is boring.

So two one time great characters with worthwhile plots are now complete blahs.

Boltons are hot still as is Sansa. Snow better do something big soon.

And pulleeez battle and kill the priest cult. That POTC actor has done an excellent job of creeping me out.

Oh, and the greyjoy/iron family thing... that drowning completely through me. Didn't expect the result at all.

I thought it was pretty strong, but you can feel when George R. R. Martin wasn't involved.

Arya's plot and Jesus, erm, the faceless man, is getting tedious... We're really repeating ourselves and it's boring.

So good to see the White Walkers. Really tense scene...

Getting really annoyed with losing all the dire wolves

And they dropped the ball with Bran by totally skipping the rest of the tower of joy...

yeah, Hodor was important and it was kind of cool to see Bran had been the catalyst to this whole thing and makes me really curious if he was the "voices" who drove the mad king insane

But I kind of like how the Bran storyline is playing out. They have him actually involved now!

Littlefinger is back, good, the Greyjoys have drama, good, there's a second red witch, interesting, and Jon Snow is on the move towards a war. This was a solid episode.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Agreed, this was the first time an episode has made me eager for the next book lol. I want to see if Martin follows the writers in some of those key points.
Arya and the faceless men is just as boring in the books but you just know that it's going to be key to the end of the saga. It was nice finding out about Hodor and also the children of the forest.
I really like the way Brienne is being eyed up by Tormund lol

I really like the way Brienne is being eyed up by Tormund lol

Haha! I know, I love that part. She's his kind of woman, big and violent.

Arya's plot better go somewhere because if I get another friggin episode of the girl has no name, pseudo philosophical nameless, faceless, beating each other with sticks episode that goes nowhere I'm going to lose it. The ONLY good thing about this week's Arya storyline was the street actresss playing Sansa. Holy crap, that girl was fiiiiiiine.

The book and the TV show will differ but the main plot points will be the same, they sat down with Martin who outlined all the stuff that was going to happen in the book, and it looks like they will get to those points how they want but the end result will be the same.

Reactions: misterID
Yeah, I saw some reviews today and they all thought it was great and revealed a lot of unknowns leaving me in the minority. I get a lot of value out buying dvds as I rewatch them over and over because I miss stuff. Too, I am a bit in the dark as I have never seen the 1st and 2nd years of the show.

Was Hador supposed to be a garbled version of Hold the door?

Yeah, I saw some reviews today and they all thought it was great and revealed a lot of unknowns leaving me in the minority. I get a lot of value out buying dvds as I rewatch them over and over because I miss stuff. Too, I am a bit in the dark as I have never seen the 1st and 2nd years of the show.

Was Hador supposed to be a garbled version of Hold the door?
You're really missing out. That first season was amazing and will explain a lot to you as everything is pretty much coming full circle.

And, what will become of littlefinger... it appears he is in deep poop.

Regarding the first parts of the series I began with... it was somewhere back when they were all having torrid sex. Daenerys with the muscle guy from the tribe she just toasted and Theon with any girl of the Kingdom. How far in was that?

BTW, I loved all those earlier raunchy scenes. Sadly, everyone is so uptight and fighting these days or can't due to loss of their junk that it never happens anymore. :(

Last edited:
And, what will become of littlefinger... it appears he is in deep poop.

Regarding the first parts of the series I began with... it was somewhere back when they were all having torrid sex. Daenerys with the muscle guy from the tribe she just toasted and Theon with any girl of the Kingdom. How far in was that?

BTW, I loved all those earlier raunchy scenes. Sadly, everyone is so uptight and fighting these days or can't due to loss of their junk that it never happens anymore. :(
Yes, that was the first season.

Yeah, the religious cult has destroyed/killed out all the brothels and orgies (thanks Cersi) in Westeros, and the more debaucherous characters have either been killed, castrated or have taken on more vital roles for the upcoming wars, like Tyrion. They still managed to get boobs and a junk scene in this last episode. I don't think that side is over, but with how the series is progressing, they don't have the time to get funky. Westeros was a type of Sodom early in the series, which is now basically under the rule of a religious fanatic.

Yes, that was the first season.

Oh, so I have seen nearly all the first season, which upon reflection, makes me super dense when I miss secrets I never even wondered about. I was much more fascinated by Tyrion's past as described by the bi crushed-cranium guy. I loved that character by the way. He was raunchorama but always looked great in his southern empire outfit.

I binged watched the series not long ago and you would be amazed how much you pick up that you initially missed.

anyone think the hound will return?

I think the biggest point from "hold the door" is that bran can not only influence the past, but change it. This opens the door to a whole host of possibilities, including the three eyed Raven actually being bran trying to rectify past mistakes, like turning aerys mad for example

Last edited:
if Bran is going to change the past anymore, Hodor proves it's already been done, so I'm curious to clues throughout the series... A theory is that the three eyed Raven was responsible for turning the mad king insane

Reactions: sjago13