Hell Week Wait Times | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hell Week Wait Times

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2rfr3gj.jpg

It starts.

Current Wait Times at 5:00pm EST:
Gringotts - 200 min
Forbidden Journey - 180min
Reign of Kong - 165 min
Hulk - 120 min
Minion Mayhem - 115min
Spiderman - 90min
Men In Black - 90min
Dr. Doom - 90min
Transformers - 85min
Mummy - 85min
Hippogriff - 85min
HRRR - 80min
Hogwarts Express (Both Stations) - 80min
Seuss Trolley - 70min
E.T. Adventure - 70min
Simpsons Ride - 60min
Kang & Kodos - 60min

Reactions: tankart150
Current Wait Times at 5:00pm EST:
Gringotts - 200 min
Forbidden Journey - 180min
Reign of Kong - 165 min
Hulk - 120 min
Minion Mayhem - 115min
Spiderman - 90min
Men In Black - 90min
Dr. Doom - 90min
Transformers - 85min
Mummy - 85min
Hippogriff - 85min
HRRR - 80min
Hogwarts Express (Both Stations) - 80min
Seuss Trolley - 70min
E.T. Adventure - 70min
Simpsons Ride - 60min
Kang & Kodos - 60min
It's been a monster Christmas week at Universal & WDW. The great weather probably helps too.

I wonder what the wait times are at Sea World

6:15pm EST
Mako - 70 mins
Journey to Atlantis - 60 mins
Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin - 50 mins
Kraken - 45 mins
Sky Tower - 40 mins
Wild Arctic - 30 mins
Manta - 20 mins
Turtle Trek - 5 mins

Anyone know what caused this?:

It was like that two days ago when I went and I assume every morning. Whenever everyone is rushing for one ride at open it swamps the locker area and is a bottleneck to getting people in the actual queue. In the mornings they send people out to the extended queue and when the come around to the lobby they can send someone from their party to go use the locker and get back in line.

This was one of my favorite threads to snoop on a few years back. Gave me the idea to appreciate my time away from Orlando by snooping on holiday wait times every year and be glad I was away from the insanity.

It’s looked pretty quiet (relatively speaking) across all the parks this week, though. Even today, the traditional start of Hell Week, is showing pretty reasonable wait times this late into the morning. Disney looking like an average day while UO actually looks like it’s less busy than the last time I was there earlier in the year.

World Cup absorbed international tourism is my guess. Anybody in the parks noticing how busy they feel?

This was one of my favorite threads to snoop on a few years back. Gave me the idea to appreciate my time away from Orlando by snooping on holiday wait times every year and be glad I was away from the insanity.

It’s looked pretty quiet (relatively speaking) across all the parks this week, though. Even today, the traditional start of Hell Week, is showing pretty reasonable wait times this late into the morning. Disney looking like an average day while UO actually looks like it’s less busy than the last time I was there earlier in the year.

World Cup absorbed international tourism is my guess. Anybody in the parks noticing how busy they feel?
I've been following Disneyland wait times and before Christmas it was pretty insane on Christmas it looked like a normal day. the rise of the resistance was only 60 mins when I checked at 5ish PM, and most other rides also had 60 mins or wait wait times per the app.

• Wow
Reactions: OrlandoGuy

Obviously pure anecdote, but Christmas dinner at Maria & Enzos yesterday, restaurant was at least half empty. A decade ago TGI Fridays (!) would have a capacity crowd lined up at 10:30 am Christmas morning.Traffic bad this weekend but not nearly as bad as I expected.

I'd say WDW getting its beast of an AP program under control was a factor, but that wouldn't explain UOR. Cold and winter storms up north probably played a role. General economic conditions (e.g. inflation) probably play a role. WDWPro (guess he left here?) predicting a soft January/February. If that proves true, this will be worth revisiting.

Obviously pure anecdote, but Christmas dinner at Maria & Enzos yesterday, restaurant was at least half empty. A decade ago TGI Fridays (!) would have a capacity crowd lined up at 10:30 am Christmas morning.Traffic bad this weekend but not nearly as bad as I expected.

I'd say WDW getting its beast of an AP program under control was a factor, but that wouldn't explain UOR. Cold and winter storms up north probably played a role. General economic conditions (e.g. inflation) probably play a role. WDWPro (guess he left here?) predicting a soft January/February. If that proves true, this will be worth revisiting.
Yes...I've been guessing at a slowdown of the post covid makeup rush, main reason I cancelled both Orlando trips this year. I have WDW (late April) and Universal (mid Nov.) on the track for 2023. Even before this cold wave it seems that lines had
returned to normal, or less in some cases. An economic slowdown, or mild recession, in 2023, is just about a certainty, and most of that covid stimulus, which was huge amounts for families with kids, is spent.....and, with attendance down, the resort
hotels will be forced to go back to normal; pricing, instead of the rate gouging of 2022 that was well in excess of the inflation rate, which is going to slow significantly too. In fact inflation is already dropping pretty fast.

Last edited:
Yes...I've been guessing at a slowdown of the post covid makeup rush, main reason I cancelled both Orlando trips this year. I have WDW (late April) and Universal (mid Nov.) on the track for 2023. Even before this cold wave it seems that lines had
returned to normal, or less in some cases. An economic slowdown, or mild recession, in 2023, is just about a certainty, and most of that covid stimulus, which was huge amounts for families with kids, is spent.....and, with attendance down, the resort
hotels will be forced to go back to normal; pricing, instead of the rate gouging of 2022 that was well in excess of the inflation rate, which is going to slow significantly too. In fact inflation is already dropping pretty fast.

I was expecting the same thing last summer, so wasn’t sure how winter peak would feel. Obviously a slowdown is never ideal but I do welcome the idea of slower parks if that’s the direction this signals we’re headed in.

Yeah, I've seen some doozies the past few days but nothing outside the room for Hell Week.

I honestly thought DHS was good on expansion for a minute but every single ride outside of Star Tours and Alien Swirling Saucers has had 90-minute+ wait times every day the past few weeks. 180 minutes for Rise of the Resistance currently. It needs a people-eater and stat.

When it's busy like this, it's even more glaring how little attractions there are in DAK. 210 minutes for Flight of Passage currently.

Epcot is busy as all heck. Soarin' 180 minutes. Frozen 120 minutes. Spaceship Earth 75 minutes. Mission Space 70 minutes.

MK is doing the best job disbursing crowds with Peter Pan the longest at 90 minutes, but still plenty to do under the 30-min wait mark: Pirates, Haunted, Mermaid, etc. all 30 min or less right now.

Over at UOR, Minions, Kong, Gringotts, and Hagrid's all over 120 minutes currently.

I honestly thought DHS was good on expansion for a minute but every single ride outside of Star Tours and Alien Swirling Saucers has had 90-minute+ wait times every day the past few weeks. 180 minutes for Rise of the Resistance currently. It needs a people-eater and stat.

This is reason #1 why GMR should have gotten a refresh and MMRR gone into Animation Courtyard.

Yeah, I've seen some doozies the past few days but nothing outside the room for Hell Week.

When it's busy like this, it's even more glaring how little attractions there are in DAK. 210 minutes for Flight of Passage currently.

Epcot is busy as all heck. Soarin' 180 minutes. Frozen 120 minutes. Spaceship Earth 75 minutes. Mission Space 70 minutes.

MK is doing the best job disbursing crowds with Peter Pan the longest at 90 minutes, but still plenty to do under the 30-min wait mark: Pirates, Haunted, Mermaid, etc. all 30 min or less right now.

Over at UOR, Minions, Kong, Gringotts, and Hagrid's all over 120 minutes currently.

If I had to guess, Tower of Terror is partially broken too. They desperately need more rides but the waits last week/today are like a regular day. Less a statement on Hell Week and more a statement on Disney ops.

The storm probably affected lots of people from coming/canceling their vacations last week.

Busch Gardens was a mad house yesterday so I imagine we will be seeing terrible crowds the next few days with those already planned to be here and those that had their flights/arrivals delayed.