HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the last few years, whenever a house/theme was based on a movie or character I always watched that movie before I went to get excited about it or re-familarize myself with it.

With that said, I have avoided the Saw movies. I like horror movies, but torture-stuff like in Saw and Hostel I could do without. The funny thing is that the gory houses like Body Collectors are always my favorite!

I'm gonna do it, but not looking forward to it! At least I'll "get" the house better. :yikes:

Anyone else always do this too?

Ha, that's true. Also, a clue that this is about Saw. 2 of the names on the list are Reinhart and Amanda. According to Screamscape, those names are famous in the SAW movies.

I checked IMDB and I found that most of the names are people from the Saw movies.

For the last few years, whenever a house/theme was based on a movie or character I always watched that movie before I went to get excited about it or re-familarize myself with it.

With that said, I have avoided the Saw movies. I like horror movies, but torture-stuff like in Saw and Hostel I could do without. The funny thing is that the gory houses like Body Collectors are always my favorite!

I'm gonna do it, but not looking forward to it! At least I'll "get" the house better. :yikes:

Anyone else always do this too?

I have only been last year but I did not watch Doomsday but I wish I had so I could understand the house more. I did watch Saw 2 recently and I really want to see 3 now.

Ha, that's true. Also, a clue that this is about Saw. 2 of the names on the list are Reinhart and Amanda. According to Screamscape, those names are famous in the SAW movies.

Yeah they are.

Amanda, Michael, Mallick, Brit, Patrick, Reinhart, Paul, Brenda

Amanda was Jigsaw's successor but didn't stick to the code, therefore being put down.

Michael Marks was the first victim in Saw II killed by the famous Venus-Fly Head Trap after he couldn't get the key out of his eye. He was a police informant.

Mallick was an toolbag in Saw V who was an arsonist who's rich parents got him out of everything, made it to the last part of the 5-part game, but realized he needed everyone else who was in the first room of the game to survive. Eventually died from blood loss from the last part of the game.

Brit was was Mallick's last ally in the 5-part game, who also discovers they needed all 5 people. She is weak from blood loss while Mallick dies, but she gets rescued by Daniel Erickson

Patrick is the name of Patrick Melton, one of the writers from Saw IV, V, and VI.

Jeff Reinhart was the main protagonist in Saw III, and the one who killed Jigsaw and Amanda, was killed in IV right after he killed Jigsaw and Amanda by Peter Strahm.

Paul was the chubby man who attempted suicide and was admitted to the hospital around the same time Jigsaw learned of his cancer. Once Jigsaw was released from the hospital, Paul was his first victim. You may know him as the man stuck in the Razorwire Room.

Brenda was a "pimp" from Saw IV. She had her hair caught in a trap that would pull the back of her scalp off. Daniel Rigg was the main protagonist in Saw IV who was put into a game because of his likeliness to get into other people's business. He was ordered to let Brenda die and not help her. But he went on to help her, in which Brenda was ordered to kill Rigg if he saved her. She tried to kill him but Rigg ended up pushing her through a mirror and killing her.

On the picture of the list, it's really odd, but the name on the bottom doesn't match any of the names given, and it looks like it could say Dr. Gordon aka Dr. Lawrence Gordon...one of the main protagonists from the first Saw. This would also be the reason why it isn't crossed out as we never found out what happened to him, and many of the fans hope it is included in the finale.

Thanks for the breakdown, Ralph! I haven't seen the SAW movies, nro do I plan to. It's nice getting to know what role each of the names listed played in the movies, though. :)

Thanks for the breakdown, Ralph! I haven't seen the SAW movies, nro do I plan to. It's nice getting to know what role each of the names listed played in the movies, though. :)

No problem, I love all the movies and plan to see the sixth installment. Me and my friend Micki (Michelle) are fanatics. I wish they would end it though. I heard a seventh was announced....that's too much. End the story. Jigsaw has been dead since III.

Doomsday the House was strange as the ending scene with the Stage is early in the Movie (also when i heard there was going to be a house I hoped they would use that scene) Sadly no Bentley like they used in the movie, the house had a number of elements from the movies and going into the castle scene really threw people who had never seen the movie at all.

I only hope they don't dump piles of characters in houses like they did in TSM and Friday the 13th, with way to many Leather faces and Jason's.

Spotted this HHN house sign outside Jaws yesterday. It was the only thing I saw that's out in the open yet.

3826690109_530735f701.jpg

From Screamscape:

Park News - (8/18/09) Fear Factor Live has closed down once again, this time to make way for the new Bill & Ted show for Halloween Horror Nights. However, we’ve heard that Fear Factor is likely gone for good this time around.

Thanks, Brian! Interesting blurb about FFL. I definitely am excited about Bill and Ted this year for some reason. I just think it's going to be better this year than last.

Glad to hear you're excited. So... just what are you excited about? There's no character list known - no plot, or even rumors there of. Based on all that (or all that lacking) what makes you think this year is going to be better than last? :shrug:

Glad to hear you're excited. So... just what are you excited about? There's no character list known - no plot, or even rumors there of. Based on all that (or all that lacking) what makes you think this year is going to be better than last? :shrug:

I'm always excited about Bill and Ted every year, hoping that each year's show will be better than the last.

I'm always excited about Bill and Ted every year, hoping that each year's show will be better than the last.

Phrasing it in the big picture like that makes more sense. Otherwise it sounds like you're saying "OMGZ THIS ONE IS THE BEST ONE EVER" even though you don't know about it. Nothing wrong with *hoping* it will be :)

Well "Bill and Ted" is by far the most predictable thing at HHN. Not saying that a good year in pop culture means a good show, but I guarantee that 'Watchmen' and Chris Brown and Rihanna will be in the show amongst other things.

After each year shows I wish they will be better than the last as well. 2006 was the last really funny show IMO.

Well "Bill and Ted" is by far the most predictable thing at HHN. Not saying that a good year in pop culture means a good show, but I guarantee that 'Watchmen' and Chris Brown and Rihanna will be in the show amongst other things.

After each year shows I wish they will be better than the last as well. 2006 was the last really funny show IMO.

The show hasn't *actually* been good since 1999 and 2000. It's been so drastically downhill since that it almost hasn't even been worth sitting through by comparision.

The show hasn't *actually* been good since 1999 and 2000. It's been so drastically downhill since that it almost hasn't even been worth sitting through by comparison.

I should probably rephrase my post to "2006 was the best show I've seen." The Manager at Loui's told me that "Inglorious Basterds" was going to be in the show.

I should probably rephrase my post to "2006 was the best show I've seen." The Manager at Loui's told me that "Inglorious Basterds" was going to be in the show.

Well Hitler always makes things fun. Maybe he'll be the main villain.

(1999 was the original - and good - Dr. Evil year, and 2000 was Mr. Burns & Smithers)