HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd say best bet is Saturday honestly. From what I've heard FFP pass nights are the busiest nights of the week.

OMG so I just went to HHN this past Thursday (unaware that it was "Hell Week" because I live in Canada) and it was probably one of the worst theme park experiences I've ever had... Packed is not even the word! We only got to see 3 haunted houses which may have been much more enjoyable if we weren't hurded through them like cattle... And I waited in the Saw line for 2 hours!! (it definately wasn't worth it) We didn't even get to see any shows. The one thing we all enjoyed were the scare zones. Specifically Apocolypse. Honestly I would have been happier just having the whole park decorated in scare zones and just going on rides. The houses weren't worth it to me. What really sucks is that I absolutely LOVE Halloween but based on my experience I would never come back. Universal needs to cap the attendance or something because it was beyond ridiculous.
:bang:

Also Rockit was closed on Sunday (the day we went back to Universal) so I didn't even get to do that...

Kind of a bust!

When I go how much money should I bring if I want a souvenir?

Bring about 25 dollars if you want a souvenir. I'm saying this because its 21.95 + tax. If you have anyone in your group with an Annual Pass, use their discount(Preferred and Premier have discounts. They are around 5%.)

Does anyone know when the merch comes down in price?

I have no idea if merch goes down in price, but if I had the slightest idea, I'd say the day after the event. Maybe. Take that as a grain of salt.

Facebook Chat with Chucky!
Universal Orlando Resort is excited to announce a brand-new look at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights event – through the eyes of Chucky, the menacing doll and main character of the iconic “Child’s Play” and “Chucky” horror films. Chucky will answer guests’ questions live on the Official Halloween Horror Nights Facebook fan page, giving them a special glimpse at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights event and the dedicated “Chucky: Friends Til The End” haunted house.

Fans are encouraged to visit the site and post their questions to be answered by Chucky on Friday, October 23, 2009 from 3:00pm to 3:15pm.
http://behindthethrills.com/index.p...hhnchat-with-chucky&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121

Interesting to say the least.

Does anyone know when the merch comes down in price?

When I went in '07, the merch was slashed the weekend I was there which was the closing weekend. I'm not sure if it'll be the same this year since the last night falls on Halloween but I'd imagine they'd sell better than the next day with people who didn't attend HHN.

OMG so I just went to HHN this past Thursday (unaware that it was "Hell Week" because I live in Canada) and it was probably one of the worst theme park experiences I've ever had... Packed is not even the word! We only got to see 3 haunted houses which may have been much more enjoyable if we weren't hurded through them like cattle... And I waited in the Saw line for 2 hours!! (it definately wasn't worth it) We didn't even get to see any shows. The one thing we all enjoyed were the scare zones. Specifically Apocolypse. Honestly I would have been happier just having the whole park decorated in scare zones and just going on rides. The houses weren't worth it to me. What really sucks is that I absolutely LOVE Halloween but based on my experience I would never come back. Universal needs to cap the attendance or something because it was beyond ridiculous.
:bang:

Also Rockit was closed on Sunday (the day we went back to Universal) so I didn't even get to do that...

Kind of a bust!

That really does suck and I feel your pain because I was there with you that night. I hope if you get the chance to go to HHN again though you will because it really is a great event. Universal definitely did ruin it that night with the crowds, I agree, but most of the time it's not that bad and the houses are a ton of fun and amazing. Hope you'll come back again next year, just plan on earlier in October! :thumbs:

Well tonight wasn't as bad as other nights. The longest wait was Saw of course, at 60 minutes. The cool air definitely helped the fog tonight as it stayed pretty low to the ground. It did wonders for Containment.

Well tonight wasn't as bad as other nights. The longest wait was Saw of course, at 60 minutes. The cool air definitely helped the fog tonight as it stayed pretty low to the ground. It did wonders for Containment.

I was just about to ask if anyone went tonight and how the crowd was. I'm hoping Sun/Wed/Thu next week will be at least somewhat tame. We'll be on vacation, and I'm hoping to get a good photo trip (and scarezone walk-throughs with our new video cam!!), plus a chance to do all houses and Bill & Ted at least once more each.

Also -- Unmasked Tour on Thursday next week!!

Amazing Angela D you proved a point I have been making the last few years. Casual guest on Non- Peak nights are getting ripped off thinking non-peak is going to be slower. Hell week nights should not be non-peak. I talked to people who went Sunday and said they did stay and scream and saw 6 Houses and no shows. They saw the first couple in about an Hour and then started hitting lines from 30 minutes to 2 hours. And Rockitt was down for them also.

I believe that Universal announced that HRRR would not be open for HHN. I personally think that they should have it open for all the nights because it would help to even out the lines and such.