What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets

These will not be scarezones as people expect IMO, I could be wrong I see this, Tank, Zombies,,,An RV zombies, A barn facade Zombies, a few cars zombies around...Not sure how woodbury would be done BUT woodbury is not covered in Zombies in the show. I have followed this show since the first episode and Love it, BUT it is more a Drama then a Horror series IMO..Great story telling to me is a superb telling of a story Putting Props and Zombies by them is not an Amazing Concept haunts all over the country do it and many Better then HHN do it.

Maybe I just have a little more faith in Uni than most. But quite frankly There are rumors of my homepark altogether nixing scarezones in favor of area rethemes without actors...

So perhaps the grass appears greener.

But quite honestly I feel like there is nothing to do but twiddle thumbs and wait to see how it turns out on this one... They've given it a shot before, so they should know what works and what doesn't work. I'm not gonna judge before I see it. It definitely has the potential to be amazing.

I can't believe people are complaining about the park being themed into one big cohesive Scarezone surrounding one property... If that's not cohesion and amazing storytelling... I don't know what it. Especially on Universal's budget?

You may hate the property... I don't feel any kind of way about it. The house may have sucked last year, but Universal is definitely the "gets it right on the second try" type of park and they sincerely care about everything they do.

Having one property for scarezones may be a tad bit disappointing... But atleast they are trying to innovate... A themeing the whole park under one idea might just be freakin' spectacular... And Universal is definitely one of the few people I can see pulling it off.

Sure, I love cohesion, but I'd like cohesion from an original theme and icon from Universal HHN's creation. Then they could still have IPs that would fall under that original theme, but not having the event become all about an IP. My personal issue is how this is limiting the variety and the amount of original content. (I understand having IP(s) at the forefront creates a bigger selling point. I still don't prefer it.)

I don't hate The Walking Dead. At all. As a matter of fact, I recently started watching the show and I'm pretty hooked. I have a problem with ANY particular IP or group of them taking over, so much so that the original content of the event is reduced to a very small percentage. That makes me really disappointed as I've always loved the original creations in the past, and it has always been a big draw to the event for me.

I have faith that they will have amazing production quality, as they've always had that; they have never disappointed in that regard. But that's beside my point of frustration with them having a lot of IP and little original creations and variety.

Maybe I just have a little more faith in Uni than most. But quite frankly There are rumors of my homepark altogether nixing scarezones in favor of area rethemes without actors...

I don't think it has anything to do with faith. I have faith they'll have an amazingly put together event. My problem is with their choices of content and lack of traditional and original HHN stuff.

Last edited:
From @HorrorNightsORL
Here is another design for our [HASHTAG]#TheWalkingDead[/HASHTAG] scarezones. Just awesome stuff from A&D! [HASHTAG]#HHN23[/HASHTAG]
mrfm.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, I love cohesion, but I'd like cohesion from an original theme and icon from Universal HHN's creation. Then they could still have IPs that would fall under that original theme, but not having the event become all about an IP. My personal issue is how this is limiting the variety and the amount of original content. (I understand having IP(s) at the forefront creates a bigger selling point. I still don't prefer it.)

I don't hate The Walking Dead. At all. As a matter of fact, I recently started watching the show and I'm pretty hooked. I have a problem with ANY particular IP or group of them taking over, so much so that the original content of the event is reduced to a very small percentage. That makes me really disappointed as I've always loved the original creations in the past, and it has always been a big draw to the event for me.

I have faith that they will have amazing production quality, as they've always had that; they have never disappointed in that regard. But that's beside my point of frustration with them having a lot of IP and little original creations and variety.

I don't think it has anything to do with faith. I have faith they'll have an amazingly put together event. My problem is with their choices of content and lack of traditional and original HHN stuff.

If you knew what my homepark(BGW) was doing for halloween, Maybe you'd understand my content with what Uni is doing, considering I'll be going to HHN again(finally) this year.

If you knew what my homepark(BGW) was doing for halloween, Maybe you'd understand my content with what Uni is doing, considering I'll be going to HHN again(finally) this year.

There's definitely a difference in viewpoints because of that. The issue most people have is that we've been treated with an extraordinary haunt experience that brings creativity and uniqueness to the table year-after-year. When certain aspects that people have come to love start disappearing, people get disappointed.

I visit Howl-O-Scream in Tampa almost every year, but I know not to expect the same type of experience as the one at Halloween Horror Nights. I love both events, but there's an obvious difference between the two, largely due to the budgets.

I understand that, but I'm talking in comparison to past HHNs. I don't think anything at HHN should be justified because other events are not as good; those other events are completely different entities. I think it's only fair to judge it for itself, for the good and the bad.

Per Inside the Magic, here are our confirmed scare zone locations..

The Walking Dead – Atlanta Streets (Season 1) – New York area
The Walking Dead – Freeway (Season 1) – San Francisco area
The Walking Dead – Hershel’s Barn (Season 2) – Outside Mel’s
The Walking Dead – RV & Campsite (Season 2) – Central Park area
The Walking Dead – Woodbury (Season 3) – Hollywood Blvd

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...ith-all-haunted-houses-scare-zones-and-shows/

Per Inside the Magic, here are our confirmed scare zone locations..

The Walking Dead – Atlanta Streets (Season 1) – New York area
The Walking Dead – Freeway (Season 1) – San Francisco area
The Walking Dead – Hershel’s Barn (Season 2) – Outside Mel’s
The Walking Dead – RV & Campsite (Season 2) – Central Park area
The Walking Dead – Woodbury (Season 3) – Hollywood Blvd

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...ith-all-haunted-houses-scare-zones-and-shows/

That freeway better be loaded with cars.

The one I'm most excited about is definitely Hershel's Barn.

Then I'm particularly curious to see how they're gonna pull off the freeway, how many cars they're gonna have, and whether they're gonna have the cars there all day, or if they'll keep them backstage and bring them out nightly. I would love it to be packed with cars, but it would mean a cluster**** for foot traffic, day or night. That would be great for SZ purposes, but you know ADA and fire code and all those regulations will bring on restrictions. So, this is the one I'm keeping an eye on.

Well since it'd be silly to start a new thread...

Most Anticipated Scarezone Areas? :lol:

1. Clear
2. Atlanta
3. Woodlands
4. Farm
5. Survivor camp

directly from uni site

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/street-experiences.html

[h=2]The Fall of Atlanta[/h]The smell of death is in the air as you make your way past an iconic tank, sandbag barriers, and decayed rotting corpses on your journey through this decimated city. But be warned—the city’s not empty.

[h=2]Woodlands[/h]Tread carefully through these woods, as you never know who you might encounter. Lurking deep in the hidden depths are unforgettable scenes and characters from Seasons 1, 2 and 3.

[h=2]Survivor’s Camp[/h]There’s no one telling ghost stories at this derelict campsite, but there are plenty of undead. Will you dare to go closer to the eerily abandoned RV? Keep your wits about you or you might become a ghost story yourself.

[h=2]The Farm[/h]Something’s burning and it’s not a Sunday roast. Gasoline fumes ignite your senses as you encounter the smoldering remains of a singed country farm. See and smell the putrid barn, the red tractor, and more as you learn what’s causing that horrifying stench.

[h=2]Clear[/h]Turn around and live—proceed and face your fate. Stick together as you head down this street, because the spiked barriers are there for a reason. If you refuse to heed the spray-painted warnings, you’re in for a terrifying walk that will feel like an eternity.

No more Walking Dead!!!
Crap masks again and boring Zombies, if it werent for the photo ops I would rate the streets a F instesd of the D I am giving them.

some make ups are really bad too, I have seen some guys with just some blood on their mouth and nothing else. I can understand Universal tried to do different stages of infection, but at first I thought those actors were guests that paid to get painted at the park.
Took me a couple of minutes to realize they were actors working. I am not impressed with the way the walkers look this year

some make ups are really bad too, I have seen some guys with just some blood on their mouth and nothing else. I can understand Universal tried to do different stages of infection, but at first I thought those actors were guests that paid to get painted at the park.
Took me a couple of minutes to realize they were actors working. I am not impressed with the way the walkers look this year

I agree, some are pretty bad.