Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead

Nope. I am one of the much maligned GP and am tickled pink about TWD. I haven't been able to make it out to HHN to see previous incarnations of TWD so I am THRILLED it is coming back (as I am sure are many members of the ignorant masses who are not able to attend every year). Hate to tell you this, super fans, but it's not all about you. The event has to cater to both new and repeat business. The return of Jack (I personally couldn't care less) appeals to repeat business and the return of TWD appeals to new business (and, dare I say, some super fans who would never admit to such a thing on any board for fear of being kicked metaphorically kicked in the teeth).

By that same token, they should just not change any house ever so that enough years go by that you have the chance to see them. Sorry, that's not really house this works either. 25 years of HHN and the same house year after year after year isn't really what the event has ever been about. But by all means, enjoy Howl-O-Scream. You can hit that twice a decade and be solid.

By that same token, they should just not change any house ever so that enough years go by that you have the chance to see them. Sorry, that's not really house this works either. 25 years of HHN and the same house year after year after year isn't really what the event has ever been about. But by all means, enjoy Howl-O-Scream. You can hit that twice a decade and be solid.

Yep, this. My post was more anticipating the sort of response you quoted and less directed at anyone here... but of course, there it is.

They advertised it to hell for 3 years. If you couldn't make it any of those years, I don't really have any sympathy for you. What happens if they determine Scream is also a huge, unrelenting pull? Will two of our houses forevermore just be Scream and Walking Dead incarnations?

It's just silly at this point. And trust me, we'll probably get another next year, and with no Jack or HHN25 to shield it, it'll probably be an all-TWD year again.

You are missing the point. At the moment, TWD is a huge draw. It brings in guests like myself who love the show and want to experience it "live." I will probably never go to HHN again so I'm happy it's back. See? US has attracted new business by bringing back TWD. Maybe TWD will be back next year. As long as we ignorant and deluded masses flock to it, US would be stupid not to do another TWD house.
Eventually, the bubble will go off the wine and no one will care about TWD anymore. It's here to stay for now.

To appease the more enlightened, new houses are being introduced to attract repeat business like yours. I don't understand why you can't be satisfied with what you are being offered? Why can't you be generous in spirit and be glad for those many visitors who are being given a chance to experience a favourite show? Selfish.

You suggest that I go to BGT. My suggestion is that you skip HHN altogether and free up some real estate for those of us who are just happy to be able to go and see and do.

Last year was the best way to end it

Only if the house this year is terrible, otherwise it will be a good house and this will be the best way to end it (until next time). I really do get that TWD is over played and those of us that were at the event many multiple times when it was a house and a scarezone will agree with you (I still have flashbacks of that song when I walk around Uni at night *shudder*). Not one year has TWD been the same house and I'm sure it will continue that way, if it was named Zombie Supermarket'O'Rama instead of TWD would that make a difference. Seriously we have gotten multiple Vampire, Werewolf, Scary Tales, Psychoscarapy houses (some of which are fan favorites). What is the difference between different zombie based houses that also happen to have TWD associated.

I would think with all the hate that TWD is at least some of it would be directed at AWiL. AWiL in my mind has a high likelihood of being very very similar to its previous incarnation, unless it is changed to the Werewolf chasing you or you becoming the Werewolf instead of following the movie.

I get it people are bored with the show, the presence, the name, whatever. Zombies are my favorite monster and I too would like to see something in its place. There are still lots of people that love it and they have been doing a pretty decent job with it. This isn't going to be an Afterlife, FDtD, or Dracula. At worst, I'll guess that this house will end up in the middle of the pack out of all of them, at best we will be surprised.

Sorry to be so long winded, it just seems everywhere that HHN is discussed TWD and Creative get ripped apart for being unoriginal, selling out, etc and just see it as unfair.

As fallow said, it's been here for three years before this, anybody who hasn't been through it has had PLENTY of time to see it. Almost always horror nights changes it's line up every year and 99.7% of the houses will never be seen ever again. If you missed it you really missed it and that's the way it should be. This house (without knowing anything from this season of WD) will be ok at best as Roamer said. How do I know this? That's been the walking deads track record it's entire run at HHN, ok. You can forgive things like werewolf coming back because it's only gonna improve on a maze that received critical and fan praise. It was so awesome people were actually sending letters to universal asking for it to be a year round haunt!!!! Bringing it back is fan service at this point, TWD isn't

As fallow said, it's been here for three years before this, anybody who hasn't been through it has had PLENTY of time to see it. Almost always horror nights changes it's line up every year and 99.7% of the houses will never be seen ever again. If you missed it you really missed it and that's the way it should be. This house (without knowing anything from this season of WD) will be ok at best as Roamer said. How do I know this? That's been the walking deads track record it's entire run at HHN, ok. You can forgive things like werewolf coming back because it's only gonna improve on a maze that received critical and fan praise. It was so awesome people were actually sending letters to universal asking for it to be a year round haunt!!!! Bringing it back is fan service at this point, TWD isn't

Thing to remember is that there are 2 types of fans. Us, and the GP.

Creative appeases us, marketing appeases the GP. GP will always win out. You have 8 other houses now for Creative to appease you.

The Walking Dead being back is bad news, no if ands or buts. But at least with 9 houses this year, it doesn't hurt too badly. It's just going to suck seeing The Walking Dead merch and signage all throughout the park when it should be taking a back seat to Jack and the 25th anniversary.

The Walking Dead being back is bad news, no if ands or buts. But at least with 9 houses this year, it doesn't hurt too badly. It's just going to suck seeing The Walking Dead merch and signage all throughout the park when it should be taking a back seat to Jack and the 25th anniversary.

I get the feeling we'll only see a handful of merch and the house as the only representation of the Walking Dead.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it. I'm still excited for HHN25 regardless.

Well look at how the Walking Dead is featured this year compared to the past 3 years.

1. Not the first house announced. This year, it was 3rd.
2. Marketing is completely centered around Jack and the 25th aspect.

I don't think we'll know if it's taking a backseat until marketing starts. It'll probably be on buildboards, ads and pretty much anywhere you can put it. It's sadly such a big IP that it would be worthless to not flaunt it. You got me at the 8 houses left bit, still a normal event if you subtract it. It's just a problem in more ways than one. With the IP line up this year, why wouldn't the GP go for jack, FvJ, insidious and scream? Those are HUGE heavy hitters in the horror genre. Those aren't IPs for fans like cabin in the woods or AWIL, those are IPs for everybody who has a general horror knowledge. This just seems like a waste and overkill in pretty much every direction

PLENTY of time? Why assume that everyone is able to schedule a trip to see HHN on a yearly basis? Or, for that matter, every 2 or 3 or 4 years. Believe it or not, for some a jaunt down to Orlando to visit the theme parks is a once in a life time event due to finances, distance or other factors such as terminal illness. We are not all fortunate enough to have the time, money or health for numerous trips. So, next year, you will be able to go and see new houses and scare zones. The year after that, you will be able to go and see new houses and scare zones....and so on and so on. Don't begrudge and belittle those who (for whatever reason) will only ever attend this event once and are excited to see things you are not interested in. A little generosity of spirit never hurt anyone.

PLENTY of time? Why assume that everyone is able to schedule a trip to see HHN on a yearly basis? Or, for that matter, every 2 or 3 or 4 years. Believe it or not, for some a jaunt down to Orlando to visit the theme parks is a once in a life time event due to finances, distance or other factors such as terminal illness. We are not all fortunate enough to have the time, money or health for numerous trips. So, next year, you will be able to go and see new houses and scare zones. The year after that, you will be able to go and see new houses and scare zones....and so on and so on. Don't begrudge and belittle those who (for whatever reason) will only ever attend this event once and are excited to see things you are not interested in. A little generosity of spirit never hurt anyone.
You'd be the same way if you lived in Florida and got to go every year. I'm not saying everyone can easily fly down and go every year, it took me a decade to finally get up to Cali for the same reasons you have, it is a privilege. But most people here don't have your situation, almost all of us are super fans who go every year and judge it for what it is. We take it for granted, you don't. Just two different perspectives you have to realize here

You'd be the same way if you lived in Florida and got to go every year. I'm not saying everyone can easily fly down and go every year, it took me a decade to finally get up to Cali for the same reasons you have, it is a privilege. But most people here don't have your situation, almost all of us are super fans who go every year and judge it for what it is. We take it for granted, you don't. Just two different perspectives you have to realize here

Cole, quit while you're ahead. :lol:

I may be in the minority here but I loved TWD house last year.

I thought it was a great house as well. I think I ranked it 3rd or 4th last year. As long as they keep making the houses good, it doesn't really bother me they keep bringing it back. I am a little worried about the content, but someone posted a list of potential scenes that I forgot about. So I am hopeful it will turn out good again.

I thought it was a great house as well. I think I ranked it 3rd or 4th last year. As long as they keep making the houses good, it doesn't really bother me they keep bringing it back. I am a little worried about the content, but someone posted a list of potential scenes that I forgot about. So I am hopeful it will turn out good again.

I generally put it around the middle of the pack myself. It's not a bad house generally, but it's not really giving us anything new.