HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not really. Heavy AP turn-out, and seemingly every blogger in Orlando has discovered the event, will come out in force. Also, actors haven't had time to really learn the scares (or the shows).
Ah well, maybe I'll wait for another year then. It's the last day of my vacation anyway, I think.

Ah well, maybe I'll wait for another year then. It's the last day of my vacation anyway, I think.
I mean if its that night or not going it is worth it to go as long as the lineup is somewhat appealing to you. Just make sure to do stay and scream and if you are an AP dont waste your time with the AP event.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean if its that night or not going it is worth it to go as long as the lineup is somewhat appealing to you. Just make sure to do stay and scream and if you are an AP dont waste your time with the AP event.
As the world's most easily frightened human, I figured I could give one night a shot and then see if I wanted to actually attend next year. HAHA. You know, if I didn't die of a heart attack first... :bolt:

Reactions: snayberry
As the world's most easily frightened human, I figured I could give one night a shot and then see if I wanted to actually attend next year. HAHA. You know, if I didn't die of a heart attack first... :bolt:

Just close your eyes and hug on to the person in front of you. :lmao:

Reactions: CTank
Just close your eyes and hug on to the person in front of you. :lmao:
Psh, I'll probably get lost with my eyes closed and then try to hug one of the scare actors... I have been known to be quite unlucky at times. :yikes: But for better or worse, I've booked a ticket for opening night! COME AT ME SCARY SCARY THINGS! :faint:

Reactions: Brian G.
The first night of the event is no where close to being the worst night to go. Crowd wise it's not the slowest day of the event, but far better than hell week. It's also one of my favorite days to go as there's a little more sense of excitement as everyone is experiencing it all for the first time.

You will have a blast! Just make sure to do stay and scream and hit up the shows. And even if it is busy you should be able to do at least 7 of the 9 houses so maybe when the full lineup comes out take a gander at it and think of 2 you could live without doing and hold off on those until later.

Psh, I'll probably get lost with my eyes closed and then try to hug one of the scare actors... I have been known to be quite unlucky at times. :yikes: But for better or worse, I've booked a ticket for opening night! COME AT ME SCARY SCARY THINGS! :faint:

My family and I will be there opening weekend. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Boo!

Awesome to hear! You're going to have a great time! We'll be posting a Guide closer to the event so that can help plan your night out so you can try to hit everything.

This is my 4th time attending HHN and my first time on opening night. I can't wait! There's something to be said about seeing the event at its initial stage - for better or worse - with some elements that are going to be removed because they're offensive, and other elements that will be changed because they're not working.

I. Can't. Wait!

You never know! My girlfriend thought she would hate it, her and her family and friends and everybody said she wouldn't last fifteen minutes... she ended up buying a Frequent Fear pass. She's a huge fan now. Gets a kick out of the houses, LOVES making friends with all of the scareactors in the scare zones, loved the shows, everything.

HHN is a totally different thing than a horror film. Films for the most part take their time to build suspense, manipulating you over the course of an hour or two. As opposed to the slow burn of a movie, HHN is trying to get you within a span of minutes, repeatedly many times over several hours. It's a completely different dynamic, and some people can handle that dynamic easily who might not do great with horror films (and vice versa). Most of the houses and scare zones are trying to get you with misdirection, have a cool effect or set piece or something in one direction, then something jumping out at you from the other direction, so it can almost become like a game of trying to figure out what their tricks are.

Last edited:
You never know! My girlfriend thought she would hate it, her and her family and friends and everything she wouldn't last fifteen minutes... she ended up buying a Frequent Fear pass. She's a huge fan now. Gets a kick out of the houses, LOVES making friends with all of the scareactors in the scare zones, loved the shows, everything.

HHN is a totally different thing than a horror film. Films for the most part take their time to build suspense, manipulating you over the course of an hour or two. As opposed to the slow burn of a movie, HHN is trying to get you within a span of minutes, repeatedly many times over several hours. It's a completely different dynamic, and some people can handle that dynamic easily who might not do great with horror films (and vice versa). Most of the houses and scare zones are trying to get you with misdirection, have a cool effect or set piece or something in one direction, then something jumping out at you from the other direction, so it can almost become like a game of trying to figure out what their tricks are.
This is the kind of thing I like to hear! :thumbsup: I have high hopes that I'll really enjoy it and come back for years. Because I've read nothing but great things! And I'll definitely be using the guide that @BriMan mentioned to plan so I get the best experience! :clap:

Is anyone else doing UMTH tour on the 17th? I'll be on my own as my Fiancee wasn't bothered about doing it so would be nice to have a friendly face... or a friend, at least!

I have been to HHN multiple times, but haven't been on a R. I. P. Tour. I was thinking of doing a tour instead of admission and express. For those of you whom have can you answer some questions?

Do you have access to the event the entire time it begins and ends? Or only during the tour time?

I read on the terms and online that they can not guarantee you get to go with other people in your group? I would be going with two other people and this wouldn't be any fun if we got separated.

Would you do the tour or the express? Some days it's actually cheaper to do the tour vs express.

I read on the terms and online that they can not guarantee you get to go with other people in your group? I would be going with two other people and this wouldn't be any fun if we got separated.

That's one of those cover your butt kind of clauses. It's highly unlikely that you'll be separated, but it could happen.

I have been to HHN multiple times, but haven't been on a R. I. P. Tour. I was thinking of doing a tour instead of admission and express. For those of you whom have can you answer some questions?

Do you have access to the event the entire time it begins and ends? Or only during the tour time?

Would you do the tour or the express? Some days it's actually cheaper to do the tour vs express.

Welcome!

I'd do the Tour. It really offers a different perspective on the house, and makes you appreciate it some more. Also get to learn some behind-the-scene bits and fun facts.

As stated, the tour does not offer admission.

As far as separating your group, if you all book at the same time... no. i.e. "Yes, I wanna do the tour, party of 3". If you book individually 3 different times, then yes... you run the risk of being separated.