HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To get the AP discount, would I have to purchase the pass at the gate?

It depends on the dates you are going, if it is at the start of the event and you will have Saturday then ROF would be a better choice but we will have to wait til the tickets are released to see what they really cover.

To get the AP discount, would I have to purchase the pass at the gate?

The HHN pass? No you can purchase it online via the HalloweenHorrorNights.com website once the ticket sales go live. Which is usually around July.

I would suggest getting FFP and maybe adding one day of Express if you decide you need it. You could spend one day doing shows and scare zones. They also offer Express at greater discounts for the last few hours of the night. If you take advantage of stay & scream you can essentially get the same benefit from that as express, especially having 3 days..

I would hold off on the express until after the event opens. You have the luxury "in a sense" of going a few weeks in. By that time people will know what house traffic patterns will look like and be able to give you a better idea if express will really be needed if going 3 days, especially if your on a budget.

Any idea when the frequent fear plus express is gonna land? I feel like it's been June in past years but they've been out ahead of it this year with announcements

Figured I mine as well post this here where it belongs...

Well... I can tell you one thing that is pretty lame about the website/vacation package offer. I would have done a package if they actually allowed me to build my vacation the way I wanted. I can obviously choose the proper dates and hotel without any issue (other than it taking a full minute to load), but the current HHN offerings aren't what I need. They don't have the Rush of Fear option or Express which is mandatory for my stay. What is a single night admission ticket going to do for me, other than help me get in 1 night to wait in a line? What I find even more ridiculous is that they aren't offering the proper ticketing options, yet, they are offering Unmasking the Horror tours to those buying these packages now. I didn't think the UTH tours were available for booking until late summer. So they have the sense to realize, gee, maybe these people staying here want to go to Horror Nights and possibly even splurge on a tour, but we won't offer all the ticket options yet. All I know is that I better not get hosed out of a tour because some rando vacationer, who could care less about the event, decides he wants to blow a few extra bucks and do something during the daytime.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember them offering the tours this early with their packages though. Additionally, it does say this right on their website...

"HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS® UNMASKING THE HORROR TOUR

Get a daytime glimpse of how Universal Orlando's Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses on a lights-on VIP tour.
ADD TO YOUR VACATION PACKAGE BEFORE THEY SELL OUT"

The Saturday during the weekend I'm planning on being there is apparently already blocked out and we're in May. They may add more tours as they sell out, but it's not like that number can be infinite. I suppose what really should happen is I should just call them and demand to be allowed to spend my money to book it now. I'm already staying at their new hotel/resort, so why should they stop me?

Edit Update...
I called Universal and explained how I wanted to make a reservation for the tour and was told that only people purchasing packages were allowed this privilege. Apparently, it doesn't matter that I already have a room booked with them. In my opinion, this is certainly not a good way to conduct business. If I wasn't such a fan of the tour, I'd just skip it and keep my $ out of principle.

Figured I mine as well post this here where it belongs...

Well... I can tell you one thing that is pretty lame about the website/vacation package offer. I would have done a package if they actually allowed me to build my vacation the way I wanted. I can obviously choose the proper dates and hotel without any issue (other than it taking a full minute to load), but the current HHN offerings aren't what I need. They don't have the Rush of Fear option or Express which is mandatory for my stay. What is a single night admission ticket going to do for me, other than help me get in 1 night to wait in a line? What I find even more ridiculous is that they aren't offering the proper ticketing options, yet, they are offering Unmasking the Horror tours to those buying these packages now. I didn't think the UTH tours were available for booking until late summer. So they have the sense to realize, gee, maybe these people staying here want to go to Horror Nights and possibly even splurge on a tour, but we won't offer all the ticket options yet. All I know is that I better not get hosed out of a tour because some rando vacationer, who could care less about the event, decides he wants to blow a few extra bucks and do something during the daytime.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember them offering the tours this early with their packages though. Additionally, it does say this right on their website...

"HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS® UNMASKING THE HORROR TOUR

Get a daytime glimpse of how Universal Orlando's Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses on a lights-on VIP tour.
ADD TO YOUR VACATION PACKAGE BEFORE THEY SELL OUT"

The Saturday during the weekend I'm planning on being there is apparently already blocked out and we're in May. They may add more tours as they sell out, but it's not like that number can be infinite. I suppose what really should happen is I should just call them and demand to be allowed to spend my money to book it now. I'm already staying at their new hotel/resort, so why should they stop me?

Edit Update...
I called Universal and explained how I wanted to make a reservation for the tour and was told that only people purchasing packages were allowed this privilege. Apparently, it doesn't matter that I already have a room booked with them. In my opinion, this is certainly not a good way to conduct business. If I wasn't such a fan of the tour, I'd just skip it and keep my $ out of principle.

You'll have your chance. They did this last year as well. They allow a certain number for the people buying packages, and will open more slots when they release the full ticket options. Don't worry, there will be room.

Reactions: Brervixen
You'll have your chance. They did this last year as well. They allow a certain number for the people buying packages, and will open more slots when they release the full ticket options. Don't worry, there will be room.

I hope so! Planning on doing ALL the tours Ahha!

Hi guys, can I get some advice?

I've travelled to HHN for 21, 24, and 25.

At 24 and 25 we've opted to do a non-private RIP tour, then use our RoF tickets to just try to tour effectively on any consecutive nights.

I always wonder if it's a better option to do ROF + Express.

Here's my thoughts, and I would really appreciate your input here.

The cost for RoF + Express OR RoF plus one RIP tour is about the same (or was last year, a few $ more expensive for RIP).

I'm travelling from Sept 13 to 23, with four of those nights being HHN (16, 17, 18, 22)

The thing is, with RIP it's such great treatment, literally walking RIGHT into the houses. On consecutive evenings, we'd just get there early, and hit as many houses as possible. We're staying on-site. This worked out relatively well most of the time if we were on-point and moving quickly (I believe three our of four nights we saw almost every house but one).

I keep thinking to myself that it might be better to do express, but my travel partners always say "what if the express line is still an hour long? then it's not worth it".

What say you? What is your experience with Express? Should we give up the luxury of an RIP tour to get a better crack at it? Is Express a better value spread across the four nights over one night of luxury and three more nights of careful planning and fast moving?

Sorry for the wall of text - I feel like someone here will sympathize! Thanks in advance for any advice!

I can tell you my experience last year with Chuck. We went on the last night (I was hoping for lower crowds) and found it packed. We had express and never waited more than 15 - 20 minutes to get in a house when the standbys were 1 plus hour each. Did all the houses and shows but I caved at the last Jack show and had to find a seat. Chuck was still going strong. I was back at the ranch by 12:30 so we made good time. I have never done the RIP but I would not do HHN again without express and seeing as you will be there 4 nights I would go the ROF w/express route.

Side note, you leaving on the 23rd? I get there on the 23rd, hoped to say hi again this year

Reactions: Freddyglove
I'd definitely say go express, 4 nights of ease is better than 1 night of luxury. I haven't gotten the express pass myself, but the longest people say it gets up to is 30-40 mins, which if that's the express line, then you don't want to do the stand by. Not to call your friend an idiot but saying express isn't worth it if the lines an hour is really dumb, especially if you don't have express that night. For me the choice here is plain and simple, but I don't know how you like to do horror nights, so it's up to you

"Is Express a better value spread across the four nights over one night of luxury and three more nights of careful planning and fast moving?"
Express over 4 nights would be way better than getting 1 good night. With express, the waits are never long, especially in September. I would never want to go to HHN for 3 nights without it. The amount of line-skipping enjoyment that will be had over 4 evenings will far outweigh the 1 night with the RIP tour.

What say you? What is your experience with Express? Should we give up the luxury of an RIP tour to get a better crack at it? Is Express a better value spread across the four nights over one night of luxury and three more nights of careful planning and fast moving?

I've weighed both options and I've picked Express every year and I think it's been the better option for me. One year, I'm hoping to bring a group and book a private tour in addition to my ROF + Express.

I can tell you my experience last year with Chuck. We went on the last night (I was hoping for lower crowds) and found it packed. We had express and never waited more than 15 - 20 minutes to get in a house when the standbys were 1 plus hour each. Did all the houses and shows but I caved at the last Jack show and had to find a seat. Chuck was still going strong. I was back at the ranch by 12:30 so we made good time. I have never done the RIP but I would not do HHN again without express and seeing as you will be there 4 nights I would go the ROF w/express route.

Side note, you leaving on the 23rd? I get there on the 23rd, hoped to say hi again this year

Thanks for the advice, friend! I do leave on the 23rd. I'm a bit bummed to hear we won't see each other this year. You're good people!

Thanks for the advice, friend! I do leave on the 23rd. I'm a bit bummed to hear we won't see each other this year. You're good people!

I will have the ROF if it is the same deal as last year so I might come up for one night and get my feet wet before I move in for 10 days on the 23rd. If that happens I will look for you in line like last year!

Thanks for the advice, everyone. This year we're "bucking tradition" by staying at the Hard Rock instead of the usual RPR, so I think we're finally going to smarten up and do Express instead of RIP. I don't think we'll regret it. Appreciate the advice!