HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow. I'm actually surprised this is happening. I'm even more surprised by the response from everyone. I was expecting to see mourning and weeping on here, but everyone on here seems to just accept it's fate.

When it got pulled in Hollywood, I was really shocked and upset about its loss (especially how sudden it was). Now enough time has passed to where I'm used to it and realized that it wasn't quite amazing in the first place. Yeah, it was fun, but looking back, I feel like it wasn't quite as incredible as it was in the first place. Even if they brought it back over there, it would be too watered down.

As the Stalyons have their farewell tour, I'm surprised with myself how okay I am with this as the show was also going downhill in Orlando. I hope this show ends up on YouTube somewhere because I want to see how it all ends.

Reactions: ReelJustice
Wow. I'm actually surprised this is happening. I'm even more surprised by the response from everyone. I was expecting to see mourning and weeping on here, but everyone on here seems to just accept it's fate.

When it got pulled in Hollywood, I was really shocked and upset about its loss (especially how sudden it was). Now enough time has passed to where I'm used to it and realized that it wasn't quite amazing in the first place. Yeah, it was fun, but looking back, I feel like it wasn't quite as incredible as it was in the first place. Even if they brought it back over there, it would be too watered down.

As the Stalyons have their farewell tour, I'm surprised with myself how okay I am with this as the show was also going downhill in Orlando. I hope this show ends up on YouTube somewhere because I want to see how it all ends.
I think the cancellation being a year away and us having a full season of B&T ahead softens the blow. I expect people's mood to change over time.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I'm happy to see people are handling it semi-ok here. Lots are at the acceptance phase and not trying to be angry or bargaining. I only heard of this news last night FWIW.

I will miss the show a lot (and don't think UOR has completely written it off) but there are some issues. For better or worse more and more recording of the show happened and became impossible to stop. This came to a head years ago in 2012 when Fox News used the Obama rap battle segment as some sort of liberal Universal propaganda to families or something. I could see something like this occurring again as touchy subjects become more and more part of pop culture.

I believe change is coming to Fear Factor Live but if UOR really wanted to continue this show they could put it in T2 or a soundstage. Instead they're not.

Heartbreaking but understandable. At least we're not losing it like Hollywood's lost their's.

Gonna try and make it out there. We'll see.

Especially considering that there's a good chance Islands of Adventure will be involved in HHN next year, they could have easily returned the show to the Toon Lagoon theater.

What makes you believe IOA will be involved next year? Nintendoland construction too much for Horror Nights?

It would be nice if in the future some sort of comedy/horror/music show could be added that could be less "risque" just as something else to do and eat crowds.

I think the decision to remove it stems from a few things.

1. That land is earmarked for more Potter.
2. Contract was up. As much as I love B&T, Universal can make another parody show featuring their own characters as the headline.
3. It's a strange world we live in with a lot of people being overly sensitive. Hollywood being successful without the show did not help matters.

The contract was up for renewal as they announced a five year agreement in 2013. I wonder if that played a part, especially with talks of B&T 3 increasing.
This is also a good point I had forgotten about.

The creative team (publicly) all seem satisfied. There's no underlying disgruntlement in their personal post. This feels like a holistic decision, corporately and creatively, which bodes well for the quality of this year's show. They can go all out with CLASSIC bits/characters instead of trying to shoehorn Salt Bae into the show.

I'm predicting that there will be a comedy/musical review show next year. Just not hosted by B&T. The IP is pretty much nonexistent at this point.

Maybe a different Ted will host a new show.
1433545521_ted-magazine-cover-article.jpg

I will say I received a survey a week or two ago that specifically was about shows and musicals. I wonder if that was for the FFL venue or a different one.