HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been to every HHN since the very first one (Fright Night). B&T has had some classic moments.... but the last few years seems to have been trying to be more edgy than funny. That said, I'm gonna miss the jokes when they were spot on (you'd think with our current President it'd be a goldmine) and of course, the big opening number featuring scantily glad dancers :).

I've been to every HHN since the very first one (Fright Night). B&T has had some classic moments.... but the last few years seems to have been trying to be more edgy than funny. That said, I'm gonna miss the jokes when they were spot on (you'd think with our current President it'd be a goldmine) and of course, the big opening number featuring scantily glad dancers :).
Congrats on your track record of attendance. I've been to most since 1996, but damn you got me beat!

I fondly remember the show being better back then myself... but I always wonder if that's because I was a teenager back then?

I only got to see Bill and Ted at 25 and 26 and felt the drop between the two in quality was significant. Jacks show was done incredibly well. The pacing and the actors were great. The effects and bits were really well done.. It almost amazed me that It was at the same park as Bill and Ted. Not that we need a jack show or scary show every year, but that definitely showed creative has the ability to still write some great material. I think Bill and Ted was really suffering under its format and expectations. Now they can do whatever they want.

As long as they do something.. I can't imagine hhn without a major show, the park is already very uneven in its House placement. Crowds will basically just be slammed in one half of the park and MIB almost to Mummy will be empty.

Edit: I didn't acknowledge that losing the theater would mean no show in that area no matter what. But a show anywhere in the park will still help keep crowds spread, even if it's near the front.

Orlando Informer positing that the main reason to get ride of the show is to avoid legal issues. Since 2007 a strict no photography/video rule has been in place, and they theorize that was to keep the show under wraps long enough to avoid cease and desist letters during its run each season from people like Disney that own Marvel or Star Wars characters, etc, which were being used in the show without permission.

In-depth analysis: Last year for Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Orlando Informer positing that the main reason to get ride of the show is to avoid legal issues. Since 2007 a strict no photography/video rule has been in place, and they theorize that was to keep the show under wraps long enough to avoid cease and desist letters during its run each season from people like Disney that own Marvel or Star Wars characters, etc, which were being used in the show without permission.

If that was the problem it wouldn't have stuck around for a decade.

Reactions: Alicia
If that was the problem it wouldn't have stuck around for a decade.
I'm with you on that. Just thought I'd share a differing opinion. It wasn't something I'd thought of myself.

But man, there were just a whole lot of good reasons to end this show.

I'm with you on that. Just thought I'd share a differing opinion. It wasn't something I'd thought of myself.

But man, there were just a whole lot of good reasons to end this show.
It's amazing though how long the show has been running yearly... after ET, is this the second longest running attraction/show at UOR?

I don't think that was the issue. I actually was standing near Jason Horne at the 2014 show (which had a heavy Disney influence) and he was talking to someone about it. He said they had shown the show to the lawyers and they were all very confident that the show was perfectly fine and had no legal issues. It's not like it was an issue they were dancing around and trying to get by unnoticed. I think the bigger issue is the growing polical correctness in our culture. This show has always been one news article away from a huge PR disaster and calls for boycotts. So many people see the "jokes" as opportunities to create headlines, for how Universal is being offensive.

Reactions: Joel
They could find a space for it if they really wanted to. This gives them a convenient excuse for it to have to go. In 2017, being edgy and controversial is not something a large corporation wants to deal with.

Then they should cancel Horror Nights altogether if they're scared to be edgy and controversial.

It may be a convenient excuse, although it seems the other reasons weighed (much) more heavily in the decision making. Our current President would be a double-edged sword content-wise, Drumpf hates when people make fun of him and will often retaliate via twitter (still can't believe that happens); then his maniacal followers start boycotting everything, you know the rest..

Reactions: Nick and Disneyhead
test

EDIT: mod's something is up where I'm trying to post something that's 800 characters long but it keeps denying me saying it's more than 1000.. even tried with 300 characters, still no? sorry for the off-topic

EDIT 2: looks like it was the link causing the issues
they theorize that was to keep the show under wraps long enough to avoid cease and desist letters during its run each season from people like Disney that own Marvel or Star Wars characters, etc, which were being used in the show without permission.

He said they had shown the show to the lawyers and they were all very confident that the show was perfectly fine and had no legal issues.

Ya there's no way they could get sued; B&T is clearly a comedy/parody show and that instantly means they're not liable. Here's a good example, Titleist vs. Titties (full disclosure, I do own a titties hat).

My kids are 16 & 21 and have no clue who Bill and Ted are except from the HHNs show.

I'm 27 and only know B&T through HHN.

Eh, I find it hard to support the everyone is too PC now claim.. Sure everything that has "edgy" content is going to get complainers, but that's been true for the history of everything. Bill and Ted is a staple of Orlando HHN and the event has only been growing. Every showing I sat through (I think 4) had cheers at the end despite audience mixed reactions to the content.

And this is coming from someone who felt the content is a little bit offensive. Mostly because it tries to be shocking and many times ends up in the unfunny and poor taste category.