What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: SAW: The Games of Jigsaw

From the Youtube video description:

The traps are set. All that’s missing is you. The Jigsaw killer has returned to Halloween Horror Nights to torment you with his twisted take on poetic justice, featuring new exercises in agony from each of the SAW films. The Razor Wire Maze. The Reverse Bear Trap. The Automated Scalping Machine. The Pound of Flesh. Plus, experience a thrilling, living preview of the upcoming JIGSAW film. But no matter how desperate you become, unable to look away or make it stop, remember this: There’s no easy way out.

I'm a bit surprised. The majority of opinions I've read on social media are very favorable regarding this announcement. I hope the house lives up to their expectations.

I've never seen the movies, nor did I attend HHN for the other Saw house, so I'm only going based on the general summary online and the house announcement details. Are the traps somehow interactive? Is the room-to-room progression the same conga-line standard that the other houses have?

I went thru the Saw house in 2009. Traps were not interactive, and were timed. I happened to walk thru during the wrong time and missed most of them. Sounds like this house will be more of a "Best of" house (similar to what we got in '09) mixed with one of the traps from the upcoming film. Not too excited, but it could certainly surprise.

so based off the trailer there's traps from saw 1 and jigsaw in the maze, what traps does anyone want to see in the maze?
also what were the traps used in the orlando house?

on the website it says [ You'll be part of a living preview of a trap featured in the new film JIGSAW ] it dosen't says traps but trap, so most of the maze is going to be a mashup with one scene from jigsaw, i can see why since if you showed all of the traps from jigsaw it will spoiler the movie

so based off the trailer there's traps from saw 1 and jigsaw in the maze, what traps does anyone want to see in the maze?
also what were the traps used in the orlando house?

From what I can recall: The reverse bear trap, barbed wire cage, and bathroom from 1. The head in a cube from 5 i think, The push knives with face trap from 2 and possibly the iron maiden trap from 2. And I think they had the revolver in the door from 2 as like an easter egg. They had old man jigsaw and several pig mask jigsaws and like 2 Billy's.

I was against this rumor for a while but lately I've lightened up on it. It might be the IP I'm most looking forward to now.

1. It's been a really long time since it was at the event, and the house was pretty good given it's meh location, so I'm excited to see what they can do with a better one.

2. It's better than the Walking Dead.

3. It has one of the best horror movie scores out there.

4. I'm going to laugh my ass off every time because of this video.

5. Thankfully it's a compilation of past films + JIGSAW instead of a full on promotional house for the new film.

I was against this rumor for a while but lately I've lightened up on it. It might be the IP I'm most looking forward to now.

1. It's been a really long time since it was at the event, and the house was pretty good given it's meh location, so I'm excited to see what they can do with a better one.

5. Thankfully it's a compilation of past films + JIGSAW instead of a full on promotional house for the new film.

Accurate

I'm not very excited for this house, but #3 is so true. The same composer did the score for Dead Silence, which is also excellent.

I'm totally fine with this, for me the Saw series is a nice set of Horror Popcorn films. I'm not expecting anything deep or meaningful, but I get a kick out of them and that's what matters.

An' considering over here in Orlando they've only had it one other time in 2009, it'll be nice having it return. After all it sure as heck ain't TWD for the bajillionith time.

Also, as Drew mentioned, the films have a fantastic horror score. So it'll be killer hearing that again!

so i was wondering was the venus fly mask trap in the house, in one video you can hear the sound effect in the house yet i can't find any footage of it in the house.

This is my least favorite house this year. I didn't enjoy the 2009 house and this just feels like more of the same. Completely forgettable. I sincerely hope this is this franchise's last appearance at HHN.

i was looking at a video from Hollywood and it looked like they got better traps than us and that they set ups were better. I saw traps that were cooler than some of the ones here. not sure why they did that.

As for the house here, I like it but some rooms are lame. I love that the lighting feels the same as in the movies and I love the ticking clock. I really like the first room with the tvs. some of the traps are cool to see. some are pretty lame. some are silly. I Really hate the bathtub trap and the actor yelling "I couldn't do it" thats not cool nor scary, what the hell is up with that second room? the actor is just holding a stick and there is a dead body in the bathtub. how is that supposed to be scary or cool looking?
The bathroom from the first movie is excellent to walk in and very well recreated. the ending is kinda lame.