What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Fallen

• Great facade. Reminds me of a cross between Dracula (2009) and Gothic (2012).
  • Not a lot of energy from the casts.
  • The bungee/flying/plank triple scares, while well done and very cool - should have been spread out throughout the house instead of having them all one after another at the end of the house. I will say, though, that the finale of this house helps lessen the sour taste it would leave if it didn't have such a strong finale. I guess I'd like to see one of the gimmicks to end the house moved to somewhere earlier to help balance things out.
  • Not a fan of the majority of the audio/mask/costume design in this house.
  • I think the overall theme suffered going from concept to design. For me, it's a concept that was better on paper than it turned out in reality.

One probably should have been worked into the beginning. It seems like you walk for forever until you actually hit a scare.

One probably should have been worked into the beginning. It seems like you walk for forever until you actually hit a scare.
I've gone through it multiple times and not seen a single scare. That's as in I didn't have a scareactor come at me the entire way through.

This house has been by far the biggest letdown of the year. So much hype going in and it's barely hanging on above Ash imo. The thing with Ash is, it's a pretty weird house and it definitely hurts to not have seen the show. But it's at the very least still fun. A lot of great one liners in there.

I've gone through it multiple times and not seen a single scare. That's as in I didn't have a scareactor come at me the entire way through.

This house has been by far the biggest letdown of the year. So much hype going in and it's barely hanging on above Ash imo. The thing with Ash is, it's a pretty weird house and it definitely hurts to not have seen the show. But it's at the very least still fun. A lot of great one liners in there.

thats weird, every single time i go they come out at me, or at people in front of me. is really weird that you never got an actor come at you.

I like the house a lot. it still reminds me of Hellraiser and reminds me of the proper Silent Hill games (The silent hill house doesnt count because it was more based on the movie and not really the games)
some of the rooms and creatures in here remind me a lot of silent hill specially the later games, i always have a good time

Yeah this house went down from one of my favs to the second tier.

Scares just got super lazy and without the bungee scares, it’s a meh house.

You may need to go play the lottery. This house is Dracula Untold bad.
I really wanted to like this house. For a long time and many walk-throughs I wanted to like it. It's just not happening. I did all houses except Saw and AHS last night and this house was EASILY the worst. Even Ash at least provides a few laughs.

Fallen is boring, monotonous, and rarely provides any scares. Even the flying scene isn't much of a "wow" moment. The house is also filled with less than enthusiastic casts, which drag it down even more.

I now appreciate this house even less after experiencing Howl O Scream’s bungee scares.

Last edited:
It’s too bad that this house’s reviews are tanking after the relative praise it got opening weekend. Like, I wonder if anything is missing from religious groups complaints?:angry:

As cool as I think the bungee effects are (maybe because I haven’t been in certain houses previously and was naturally more impressed), I would have gladly sacrificed the first two bungee scares and even the altar scene for a couple of added scenes in Waters—maybe a mausoleum and the porch of a plantation?

I stilll like it alot. People complain about the energy of the actors but i felt no difference between the ennergy of fallen and the energy of dead waters.

I really love the first demon you see. He is always great.

^Oh I haven't disliked the house the way most people have, I enjoy it. But given the reviews it's been getting as of late I would've been okay with those couple of scenes not being there so that DW could've been a couple scenes longer.

I think the set design in this house is WAY under-appreciated, but yeah, the cast just doesn’t have that much energy—and I hate to ever say bad things about scareactors. Even if they’ve been used before, I really dig the bungee effects. They fit so well with the theme (demons).

Every time i go he leans and points at me or the people in front of me. Or raises his arms.
Maybe i just looked so scared that the actors target me lol.

IMO, if you gave this house Blumhouse’s cast, it would’ve been great. The set design and special effects are kick@$$, so it’s just really disappointing that lack of energy from the cast keeps it from reaching greatness.

Final rating: 6/10

I agree with you all. This house is low on the list for me...however I did have the chance to go through it alone which was pretty awesome and I got every scare. Before the bungees though, this house has very vanilla scares. That's the same problem I have with the Shining. Also the costumes are very repetitive. I love the set design though, I wish this house had the scares to back it up.