What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Hive

The facade is kinda funny but the music in the queue completely makes up for it. Might be my all time favorite queue music.
There was some really awesome synth playing in front of the house. it was really nice. The art on the Hive facade is pretty cool

I So wish they had made it look like a comic book. We have had Comic book looking facades in the past, this could have worked so well if they had added stuff to make it look like a comic with comic logos and subtitles Like this:

beware-1950s-horror-comic-book-cover-halloween-dreams.jpg

The facade is kinda funny but the music in the queue completely makes up for it. Might be my all time favorite queue music.
There was some really awesome synth playing in front of the house. it was really nice. The art on the Hive facade is pretty cool

I So wish they had made it look like a comic book. We have had Comic book looking facades in the past, this could have worked so well if they had added stuff to make it look like a comic with comic logos and subtitles Like this:

beware-1950s-horror-comic-book-cover-halloween-dreams.jpg
That would've been cool. Asylum in Wonderland had a comic book themed facade in 25, right?

Ok, so I was really impressed by the vamp crawling on the wall. Is that a "been there, done that" effect? Same with the flying effects in the Fallen--I know the gliding effect has been used a lot but I wonder how new the lunge and plank effects are.

BTW, the "whispering" scene is in the underground section. Start listening closely after the stilt walker scene.

They attempted a wall-crawl in The In-Between, but the alignment kept getting messed up and it rarely worked.

And first “flyer” year was 2004 in Castle Vampyre. They were doing bungee lunge scares (to my knowledge) as early as 2001. The hanging flyers, the ones who bounce between walls above you, have been in Vampyre, Wolfman, The Thing, Nightingales, etc.

In other words, no, the tricks aren’t new. The only big difference between The Fallen and everything else they’ve done is they finally put wings in the characters.

^Ah, too bad about Fallen. Cool that this is the first time the wall crawl has consistently worked, though.

Last edited:
IMO this is the one house this year that could have benefitted from an actual queue video. Could have had news reports from around Carey about residents disappearing, and have the old coot no one believes screaming into the camera about the vampires living in the old Johnson place.

That would be amazing

Since the entrance painting is supposed to be a movie poster,

The video could have been a movie trailer for hive

I think this is the only house that I haven't reviewed yet. I'll keep it short.

Pros
  • Effective UV reactive contact lenses on some of the vampires.
  • Some really nice prosthetic/makeup on some of the characters.
  • A few really aggressive actors.
  • The vampire across the path from the one feasting on the hanging body on one of the casts uses some unique techniques to scare, which I really appreciate.
  • Interesting setup with the stilt actors' scene.
Cons
  • Many of the masks are subpar.
  • Horrible finale.

I love this house. I've been waiting for a creepy vampire house and this one delivers. That glow in the dark one was really cool looking. And that queue music! It has a cool 80's horror movie vibe to it. Does anyone know who this artist is? Or is this just something made for HHN? I want this song in my collection!

I love this house. I've been waiting for a creepy vampire house and this one delivers. That glow in the dark one was really cool looking. And that queue music! It has a cool 80's horror movie vibe to it. Does anyone know who this artist is? Or is this just something made for HHN? I want this song in my collection!

Oh thats not the one I'm talking about. Maybe they have different queue songs? I thought it sounded so cool that I recored it on my phone. I was going to post it on Soundcloud but I'm afraid of copyright laws. And I cannot attach it here since I can only get it to 4 mbs

it has to be one of these, these are all the songs used:

Night (Zola Jesus and Dean Hurley Remix) - John Carpenter - Lost Themes
They're Here - Dance with the Dead - Send the Signal Album
The Fog Enters Town - John Carpenter - The Fog Soundtrack
The Wind - Fabo Goblin - Phenomena Soundtrack
Windy Death - John Carpenter - Lost Themes: Volume II Album
Inside:
Persia Rising – John Carpenter – Lost Themes: Volume II Album
Night – John Carpenter – Lost Themes Album

One qualm about this house... if the house is set in Carrie, Ohio, why is there a Celebration High School trophy in the first room? :lol:

it has to be one of these, these are all the songs used:

Night (Zola Jesus and Dean Hurley Remix) - John Carpenter - Lost Themes
They're Here - Dance with the Dead - Send the Signal Album
The Fog Enters Town - John Carpenter - The Fog Soundtrack
The Wind - Fabo Goblin - Phenomena Soundtrack
Windy Death - John Carpenter - Lost Themes: Volume II Album
Inside:
Persia Rising – John Carpenter – Lost Themes: Volume II Album
Night – John Carpenter – Lost Themes Album

Doesn't sound like any of those songs.

This is it recored directly in the queue right before I enter the house (music fades as I'm entering).