Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

This one house that I am most excited about, especially after doing an abandoned amusement park tour last year. I even told my friends & hubby this needs to be a compete Halloween house or scare zone thru the 2 parks we went too. Was even creepy just walking thru with the tour guide. I am truly excited for this one, as I am more excited about the original designs, more than I am for the IP's. I even found a few haunted amusement park movies online, and couldn't believe one was even on YouTube.

People seem really hyped for this one. It averages on people's hype list (IU only) at 1.6 out of 10 house slots, which is nuts. The lowest it's gotten so far is #4.

Hopefully all the designer talk hasn't been marketing fluff, because it seems the community is very intrigued with this house, myself included.

It's my third most anticipated house. I'm being cautiously optimistic.

It sounds like they're trying some new stuff with the layout in this one, and it will be interesting to see what the "multiple paths", and seeing other parts of the house from where you're at will really entail.

People seem really hyped for this one. It averages on people's hype list (IU only) at 1.6 out of 10 house slots, which is nuts. The lowest it's gotten so far is #4.

Hopefully all the designer talk hasn't been marketing fluff, because it seems the community is very intrigued with this house, myself included.

This!

Overall in my surprise hits. The whole house is fantastic. I suspect this may be the stand out, along with Cinema.

This didnt end up being like an indoor scarezone like i thought it would be,

It is more like a junk jard, feels just like walking around a big junk yard or a recycling yard.

There are huge rooms but you dont really walk in them but more to the side of them,

kinda like how the twister ride was with the audience to the side of the ride,

The house definitely has narrow pathways and the giant rooms are still basically off limits because you just walk by the path to the side of them.

This house reminded me of the twister queue as well.

There are hundreds of props, will take multiple visits to admire everything

Last edited:
Does anyone know what broke in here that caused it to be shut down? Allegedly something fell? Did anyone who went this weekend see a change in the sets/props that would account for this?

Does anyone know what broke in here that caused it to be shut down? Allegedly something fell? Did anyone who went this weekend see a change in the sets/props that would account for this?

I was in line with about 100 people around me (both regular line and Express) and the blonde lady team member in the orange shirt was telling everybody that something inside the house fell and they had to clean it up.
the line was held for like 30 minutes to clean this up. then a brunette lady came and told us the same thing.
a lot of people left the line because of the wait.

There has to be someone else that knows about this... there was a bunch of people waiting near the front when this happened, and it was both regular line and express line that were told about this.
(I might have to ask on FB or twitter because someone must know)

Last edited:
When I went through Sunday the barrels that the one guy slams together were tied up not being used. I put my hands up and realized I can reach in between them. I wonder if that has been permanently cut over safety concerns or just temporarily until they can rehang them higher.

Out of the 4 houses we did on opening night this was by far my favourite. All 3 of us walked out and loved it. Excited to see if any of the others can top it! I have heard there are some hidden Easter Eggs in the house so will be keeping an eye out for those next time!

the easter eggs are

the easter eggs are
Thankyou!!

Wasn't nearly as groundbreaking as many hyped it up to be, but still a fantastically beautiful and creative house. Costume design, sets, and scares are all on point. The Dead Waters of 28 with better scares, but don't worry about its length, this feels like one of the longest houses this year.

I forgot to say, the second "noise intensive" room with the metal plates banging on the cages had one of the plates (the one on your left) non-moving on my second run Saturday. Anyone know if it was working Sunday?

I forgot to say, the second "noise intensive" room with the metal plates banging on the cages had one of the plates (the one on your left) non-moving on my second run Saturday. Anyone know if it was working Sunday?

I don't understand the cans banging, looks like it cost a crapton to build and could have been done with a recording imo