HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Again, I don’t remember it being blackout. It had flashes and I don’t remember ever saying I can’t see, unlike certain times in scarecrow last year.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Dead Exposure was absolutely pitch black outside the book-ending Charlie office scenes. The nature of the strobes blinded your vision and created "burn-in" imagery (similar to the premise used by the Mummy coaster flats). This amplified the scares and gave you only a tenuous grasp on your surroundings, which did undoubtedly slow guest flow (especially when they reached the dizzying/overwhelming horde scene). It was honestly a spectacularly designed maze aside from the overlong endless hallway of nothing right at the end.

Given that they're advertising "darkness" in the promo, wouldn't it kinda be false advertising if it's not a pitch black house? IDK, I guess I don't see the point of blindness if it won't be pitch black.

Given that they're advertising "darkness" in the promo, wouldn't it kinda be false advertising if it's not a pitch black house? IDK, I guess I don't see the point of blindness if it won't be pitch black.
Sections of it will likely be pitch black. But you'll see stuff.

Think "intermittent blindness." It's an effect. It has to have light AND darkness in order to make the "blind" feeling that much more powerful.

But you'll see stuff.

Sections of it will likely be pitch black. But you'll see stuff.

Think "intermittent blindness." It's an effect. It has to have light AND darkness in order to make the "blind" feeling that much more powerful.

But you'll see stuff.

I think people have it in their heads that the camera flashes were infrequent. They occurred in short bursts like a strobe, every few seconds. You weren't in total darkness for more than a few moments at a time, if not less. I imagine a similar execution here.

I think people have it in their heads that the camera flashes were infrequent. They occurred in short bursts like a strobe, every few seconds. You weren't in total darkness for more than a few moments at a time, if not less. I imagine a similar execution here.
This is what I remember. The strobes were frequent enough where it didn’t feel like darkness at all.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Because we’re in (but almost at the end of) the final “dead season” anyone care to speculate on what the finale could be? The beginning will likely be the treatment center, guessing some “unwelcome visitors” will force us to leave. So I wonder what could best “tie up” the “story,” the way the first house was bookended by Charlie’s apartment?

(I don’t demand actual spoilers, I just wanted to start convo darnit!)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Because we’re in (but almost at the end of) the final “dead season” anyone care to speculate on what the finale could be? The beginning will likely be the treatment center, guessing some “unwelcome visitors” will force us to leave. So I wonder what could best “tie up” the “story,” the way the first house was bookended by Charlie’s apartment?

(I don’t demand actual spoilers, I just wanted to start convo darnit!)
I'm glad you don't want spoilers, because you're unlikely to guess it.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm glad you don't want spoilers, because you're unlikely to guess it.

Well if the POV for us is we're Emily and we get the vaccination in the treatment center at the beginning, part of me wants to say we eventually make it onto some sort of transport to head back to the states like a ship or plane. (Add in some time travel, assume the vaccine has failed and boom, we're the group of zombies that broke into Charlie's apartment.)

Other thoughts range from the Catacombs (however that might be a bit obvious), or some more time travel shenanigans to show a museum showcasing the terrible plague that happened.

really excited about this one. I’ve heard that one of the first rooms is disgusting(mainly the audio). If so, I’m excited for audio throughout.