Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

I agree this is a cast driven house, and of my four runs, I had two that were excellent.

Other than the set pieces, my biggest gripe is that I, a 5’ 11” man, am taller than a few of the Michaels. The last two Halloween houses had Michaels that were intimidating in size to me. That is sorely missed in this iteration of the franchise.
My last trip consisted of a lot of actors either trying to scare my chest or accidentally slapping me because they misjudge my height. (I'm 6'4)

Hated this house. I don't think I got a single scare. And I literally watched Halloween 4 during my trip cause it was on AMC and I still had a hard time recognizing what some of the scenes in this house were supposed to be.

Hated this house. I don't think I got a single scare. And I literally watched Halloween 4 during my trip cause it was on AMC and I still had a hard time recognizing what some of the scenes in this house were supposed to be.
Shrek hasn’t been a good location for houses so far (neither has the MIB tent).

Shrek hasn’t been a good location for houses so far (neither has the MIB tent).

not really true. Krampus was better than any other house put in here. and it was legitimately good. and very close to the movie.
Krampus had great sets.
Saw was going to suck no matter what and halloween was a last minute addition. and Alice was a 3D house which those are never the greatest.
i think this location just ends up getting the worst luck

not really true. Krampus was better than any other house put in here. and it was legitimately good. and very close to the movie.
Krampus had great sets.
Saw was going to suck no matter what and halloween was a last minute addition. and Alice was a 3D house which those are never the greatest.
i think this location just ends up getting the worst luck

Agreed. It's been 50/50 as far as output.

Now, as far as what Design thinks about this house location.... :lol:

IMO there’s never been a “terrible” house in Shrek. Alice was good, Krampus was pretty good, SAW was ok, and H4 was a decent house with a good cast. MiB Tent however feels like the new JAWS Queue
New Jaws queue, same as the old Jaws queue.

Krampus was great and Asylum was solid.

Also Blumhouse 1 was good.
I always forget about Krampus and Asylum is probably the best 3D house they've done in my visiting the event (Since 21). The venue is just not all that good imo for houses.

And yes, the OG Blumhouse was solid, but i'll always be biased towards it since I was in the house :lol:

Are the houses weak because of the location???

Or are the houses weak because the properties used were weak?

Do they just dump the weakest propertiesto this location and MIB?

Saw would not have worked anywhere regardless.
Halloween was a last minute addition.

Im not sure if the location is the problem.

Are the houses weak because of the location???

Or are the houses weak because the properties used were weak?

Do they just dump the weakest propertiesto this location and MIB?

Saw would not have worked anywhere regardless.
Halloween was a last minute addition.

Im not sure if the location is the problem.

I think Universal doesn't know how to use the layout well yet. Similar issue to how tent houses were always considered the weakest till about 5-6 years ago.

I think Universal doesn't know how to use the layout well yet. Similar issue to how tent houses were always considered the weakest till about 5-6 years ago.

Yeah exactly. Yeah, i dont think blaming the location is fair

The house had a handful of stuff to work with but it was definitely last minute, they did what they could, the first scene looked like it was taken from Silence of the Lambs abit then of course the black room with Michael just standing there simulating the Ambulance crash was interesting, but they did what they could to deliver the house but I think KKFOS did better with utilizing the space a bit better the following year.