Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Slaughter Sinema

Does anybody know anything about a disturbance in this house last night? Was in line with a 20 minute wait and the line stopped for a solid 30 minutes of no movement it seemed like, and I’m seeing on Twitter where somebody is saying cops cuffed somebody at this house last night and it seems to match the time when the line stopped.

Was in line for it on Friday and something similar had happened, but for about 15 minutes only. Upon entering the house security was checking (I'm assuming) our hands for some strange reason. (I know they check for bottles but I had nothing and he stepped closer to me). Could be that they are worried about the Sorority and Amazon scenes?

Take it as hearsay, but it seems like it was an altercation with a guest or a scareactor. I was walking out the exit when someone was talking to the police, and basically said that someone had yelled in his face, so he started yelling back. I kept walking so I didn’t get any more of the story after that.

Was in line for it on Friday and something similar had happened, but for about 15 minutes only. Upon entering the house security was checking (I'm assuming) our hands for some strange reason. (I know they check for bottles but I had nothing and he stepped closer to me). Could be that they are worried about the Sorority and Amazon scenes?

Take it as hearsay, but it seems like it was an altercation with a guest or a scareactor. I was walking out the exit when someone was talking to the police, and basically said that someone had yelled in his face, so he started yelling back. I kept walking so I didn’t get any more of the story after that.

This sounds about right, if I had to guess then. Thanks.

It’s a shame when a few idiots spoil a night for everybody else. I don’t understand why people try to scare the scareactors or get pissed when they get scared. Why are you even here?? I felt bad when one of the pigs in scary tales got a lot closer to me than I expected and I put my forearm on his chest. I can’t imagine actively trying to mess with those guys. It’s like when that guy slapped one of the goblins in Gringots.

One of the demogorgans jumped out at me and the end of his hand caught me right in the eye but I just kept trucking because it’s dark and those guys are giving their all all night so we have a good time. Stuff happens sometimes.

It’s a shame when a few idiots spoil a night for everybody else. I don’t understand why people try to scare the scareactors or get pissed when they get scared. Why are you even here?? I felt bad when one of the pigs in scary tales got a lot closer to me than I expected and I put my forearm on his chest. I can’t imagine actively trying to mess with those guys. It’s like when that guy slapped one of the goblins in Gringots.

One of the demogorgans jumped out at me and the end of his hand caught me right in the eye but I just kept trucking because it’s dark and those guys are giving their all all night so we have a good time. Stuff happens sometimes.

I've noticed this year that lots of scare actors are getting close to us, and at some points even preventing us from going forward for a few seconds. (Not that I'm complaining)

I've noticed this year that lots of scare actors are getting close to us, and at some points even preventing us from going forward for a few seconds. (Not that I'm complaining)
That was the case with the pig. He bent down over the person in front of me and scared them and just froze there so I figured I would go, thinking he didn’t have any further to go, and sure enough he had me squated over with my arm over my head like I was in a sandstorm lol

That will stop - or at least die down. Universal does everything it can to prevent that from happening. And they have since 2002 when they started conga lining the houses.

They repeatedly tell scareactors "Scare Forward," and they actually try to design the houses to encourage it. It's why so many scares are "beside" guest and not in front of guests, or they come from an angle that forces you into a turn.

When a scareactor is preventing you from moving forward, they're preventing the entire line behind you from moving forward too.

That will stop - or at least die down. Universal does everything it can to prevent that from happening. And they have since 2002 when they started conga lining the houses.

They repeatedly tell scareactors "Scare Forward," and they actually try to design the houses to encourage it. It's why so many scares are "beside" guest and not in front of guests, or they come from an angle that forces you into a turn.

When a scareactor is preventing you from moving forward, they're preventing the entire line behind you from moving forward too.

That's why I found it shocking this year. Only time it would happen in the past was when you were alone in the maze. The first demogorgon in Stranger Things really got close up and forced me towards the wall.

Yeah In Carnival Graveyard I got shouldered to hell by one of the actors. Gotta say definitely enhanced the scare.

This was one of the two houses I went through last Friday. I appreciate the variety of sets, but left kinda like "that's it?" Second half of the house is stronger than the first half. Midnight Snack 2 has to be my favorite set though. The creatures munching away at the corpse are hysterical. Probably won't do it again since I have to go through 8 more houses to complete the lineup.

Thats the problem with men trying to either prove they are the biggest macho on earth, or show off for their friends ( as well as gross drunks)

You get one of the 3,
The guy that has a chip on his shoulder and thinks his life is a walking rambo movie or something and he thinks the actors are fair game in his conquest of being the manliest man alive ( this affects the actors that get in your face and act intimidating.
The actors are paid to act evil and threatening, and the macho man falls for the acting. Ive seen it many times.)
Also if they go with his wife, this guy puts that rambo mentality into protecting his woman, and unconsciously thinks the actors will hurt her.
You can tell them by the way they walk.
Pumped chest, raised shoulders, not swinging their arms like the wild west

Second group is going to the park with friends or family and thinks hes a comedian, he thinks hes the life of the party or the class clown or thinks hes the coolest guy in his group.

He hits the actors or screams in their face or grabs them in his trying to impress his group and make them laugh.

In his mind, hhn is HIS stage and HE is there to entertain his group at the cost of the actors.
Most teenagers that hurt actors fall in this category.
You can tell because their conversation in the line before the event. Cringe inducing. Awful "dude bro" humor.
The yelling in the actors faces is a clear tell tell sign of this mentality.

I wish i knew both kind of guys knewhow ridiculous and pathetic they look to everyone else. How cringey they are....

(the third are the out of control drunks that are wasted and just cant measure where they go or who they touch, reality has escape them and they are basically running on auto pilot. they can barely reason what they are doing lol)

Last edited:
This is very much a fun house (I adore the "critters" scene) but the scares in this one don't really get me except for those swamp yetis.

Every time!

I have to admit, i have warmed up a lot to this house. the house got to me lol :lol: I kinda love it now. I know i was kind of harsh on it, but the house and the actors are so much fun, that now i want to do it more often now.

sure i still think the ideas are kind of silly, but the cast makes it fun, it really becomes enjoyable. im staring to really love this house lol

Being a fan of the B/Schlocky movies, this house was so much fun for me. It ended up being my friend's favorite house and it's easily somewhere in the Top 5 for me. The Swamp Yeti scare that sent me to the floor in slow motion is easily one of the hardest scares I've gotten, and in my last run through I had a total Scooby Doo moment in Cult of the Beast Baby. (Spoiler since it reveals a actor spot/what they look like.)

For the first two times I went through, I thought there was only one scareactor in that room. But in my third run I saw the second one (In what looked like a backwards robe which is pretty clever.) shift in their spot near the exit of the room. I stop in place and say "Wait, there's TWO of them?!" The second scareactor turns their head towards me and we look at each other for a beat, and then I proceed to hightail it outta' there as they chased me out.

When we went through that room (beast baby) absolutely NOTHING happened. Any idea why? The rest of the house rocked.

Amazon cannibal woman got me good and the yeti got me twice!

Found a video with all of the trailers in them; anyone see the parody commercials of Christine and The Conjuring commercial with the parody Annabelle doll and the noose with the theme playing:grin::grin: I loved the commercials here so much.

Anyone else see the Hive 2 commercial? Wonder if that’s a sign of things to come soon

Found a video with all of the trailers in them; anyone see the parody commercials of Christine and The Conjuring commercial with the parody Annabelle doll and the noose with the theme playing:grin::grin: I loved the commercials here so much.

Anyone else see the Hive 2 commercial? Wonder if that’s a sign of things to come soon

I would love to see this. Do you have a link for it?