1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Mar 27, 2019.

1. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

Is it a pretty evenly split though? There’s so much content between the two seasons I’d hate to see some of the scarier scenes cut out due to space. Plus it’d be weird if Hollywood gets that big of a different maze from Orlando

2. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

First, it wouldn't be weird at all if Orlando and Hollywood were drastically different. They have different teams, with different design principles, and different resources, and both work entirely independently.

Secondly, assuming they're doing ten scenes (like last year), I think it'll be a 7/3 split between seasons two/three. Maybe 6/4.

3. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Based off this, here's my proposed room lineup.

uso345, Kadath and horrornights789 like this.
  4. jorgerr96

jorgerr96 Newcomer

God damn I loved Season 3. Season 2 was very meh to me as I felt it was just S1 but not as good but this one was so damn great. Hoping there are plenty of S3 scenes on this years house

5. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Exactly

Kadath likes this.
  6. uso345

uso345 Rookie

so do we think that they’re planning on combining seasons 2/3 and then possibly having season 4 as a house for 30, or will they have a full season 3 house for 30?

Kadath likes this.
  7. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Veteran Member

I don’t see any chance they do Season 3 here just to do it again next year.

Legacy likes this.
  8. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

I half expect an "all four seasons" house next year.

truejonas, therock, Kadath and 2 others like this.
  9. jorgerr96

jorgerr96 Newcomer

Is Season 4 coming out next year though?

If they do what they did with 1 and 2 (2 was out the following year but on Halloween rather than 4th of July) the house would spoil scenes, unless they throw just one scene like Jigsaw

10. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

If it's all four seasons, they only need one or two scenes from season 4.

11. Kadath

Kadath Newcomer

I've been wondering about this myself. I thought I had read that Hollywood was doing their house (something like 3/4) dedicated to season 2 with the last couple rooms dedicated as a preview for Season 3, but now that I'm looking I cannot find where I read that. Orlando never specified how much of the house will be 2 and 3 this year so I'm eager to see what they do. I've been curious if they make the Season 3 portions of the house more like a preview for a full season 3 house next year, or if they do a more even split between seasons 2 and 3 this year and save season 4 for next year. That being said we would have to assume season 4 comes out before the event next year and I think that the release date will be the main factor on if we get a season 4 house next year or not. If we don't get a new season before HHN 30 I feel like it's safer to assume we could get either a full season 3 house next year or a continuation of the season 3 house from this year, like a 'Part 2' to season 3.

Since it seems like this may be a rather large house this year are there any advantages to it likely being in SS25 over SS22 from last year? I think 25 is where Poltergeist was last year. Is 25 a larger sound-stage?

uso345 and GorillaFeces like this.
  12. GorillaFeces

GorillaFeces Newcomer

It should be relatively similar to last years house in terms of size. SS25 has a cooler temperature though!

Kadath likes this.
  13. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

Murdy said on his twitter that season 3 would be a very small portion of their house in Hollywood

Kadath likes this.
  14. Kadath

Kadath Newcomer

That must be where I read it about Hollywood. But nothing official for the Orlando house in terms of the split between 2 and 3?

That will be nice to have it much cooler in that house this year.

15. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

16. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

Correct

17. Pedro Navarro

Pedro Navarro Rookie

upload_2019-7-8_12-7-52.jpeg

This new poster looks really cool, it’s got the Demodogs on the bottom and it looks like we might see the monster from the new season by the look of the top of the poster as well which makes me wonder we might see them do battle with monster in not only the Starcourt Mall but also in Hoppers Cabin which are both good scenes to see in the house.

Kadath likes this.
  18. Evan

Evan Member

They really should just focus on season 3, wow what an amazing season! If we could have

JM-BENT, Kadath, therock and 3 others like this.
  19. Pedro Navarro

Pedro Navarro Rookie

I think that's probably what is going to happen next year, they might give next year season 3, season 4 after this season, I could see Netflix giving Stranger Things another green light for a season 4, if it happens, I don't doubt that Universal will have Stranger Things have it's final year at the event next year, I would not mind it, I just hope it doesn't get in the way of any other interesting and awesome ips and originals to come to the event next year.

JM-BENT and Kadath like this.
  20. uso345

uso345 Rookie

upload_2019-7-9_17-11-39.png

Casting call that went out for the ST house. My guess is that this isn’t the full list of scarectora we will see in the house and that they’ve already cast/recast the rest of the kids/adults from last year’s house?

SukaVayne73, JM-BENT, Kadath and 3 others like this.