Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

I'll be honest, there's only three or four scenes from season 3 that really warrant inclusion.

The "Sauna Test," the hospital, Hopper's cabin, and Starcourt.

Two of which we know are coming. And one of those two (Hopper's Cabin) is seen in season 2.

Combining two and three actually makes perfect sense. Stranger Things thrives when it has monsters as the antagonists. The house is going to focus on those scenes.

Is it a pretty evenly split though? There’s so much content between the two seasons I’d hate to see some of the scarier scenes cut out due to space. Plus it’d be weird if Hollywood gets that big of a different maze from Orlando

Is it a pretty evenly split though? There’s so much content between the two seasons I’d hate to see some of the scarier scenes cut out due to space. Plus it’d be weird if Hollywood gets that big of a different maze from Orlando
First, it wouldn't be weird at all if Orlando and Hollywood were drastically different. They have different teams, with different design principles, and different resources, and both work entirely independently.

Secondly, assuming they're doing ten scenes (like last year), I think it'll be a 7/3 split between seasons two/three. Maybe 6/4.

First, it wouldn't be weird at all if Orlando and Hollywood were drastically different. They have different teams, with different design principles, and different resources, and both work entirely independently.

Secondly, assuming they're doing ten scenes (like last year), I think it'll be a 7/3 split between seasons two/three. Maybe 6/4.
Exactly

so do we think that they’re planning on combining seasons 2/3 and then possibly having season 4 as a house for 30, or will they have a full season 3 house for 30?

so do we think that they’re planning on combining seasons 2/3 and then possibly having season 4 as a house for 30, or will they have a full season 3 house for 30?

I don’t see any chance they do Season 3 here just to do it again next year.

Is Season 4 coming out next year though?

If they do what they did with 1 and 2 (2 was out the following year but on Halloween rather than 4th of July) the house would spoil scenes, unless they throw just one scene like Jigsaw

I've been wondering about this myself. I thought I had read that Hollywood was doing their house (something like 3/4) dedicated to season 2 with the last couple rooms dedicated as a preview for Season 3, but now that I'm looking I cannot find where I read that. Orlando never specified how much of the house will be 2 and 3 this year so I'm eager to see what they do. I've been curious if they make the Season 3 portions of the house more like a preview for a full season 3 house next year, or if they do a more even split between seasons 2 and 3 this year and save season 4 for next year. That being said we would have to assume season 4 comes out before the event next year and I think that the release date will be the main factor on if we get a season 4 house next year or not. If we don't get a new season before HHN 30 I feel like it's safer to assume we could get either a full season 3 house next year or a continuation of the season 3 house from this year, like a 'Part 2' to season 3.

Since it seems like this may be a rather large house this year are there any advantages to it likely being in SS25 over SS22 from last year? I think 25 is where Poltergeist was last year. Is 25 a larger sound-stage?

Since it seems like this may be a rather large house this year are there any advantages to it likely being in SS25 over SS22 from last year? I think 25 is where Poltergeist was last year. Is 25 a larger sound-stage?

It should be relatively similar to last years house in terms of size. SS25 has a cooler temperature though!

I've been wondering about this myself. I thought I had read that Hollywood was doing their house (something like 3/4) dedicated to season 2 with the last couple rooms dedicated as a preview for Season 3, but now that I'm looking I cannot find where I read that. Orlando never specified how much of the house will be 2 and 3 this year so I'm eager to see what they do. I've been curious if they make the Season 3 portions of the house more like a preview for a full season 3 house next year, or if they do a more even split between seasons 2 and 3 this year and save season 4 for next year. That being said we would have to assume season 4 comes out before the event next year and I think that the release date will be the main factor on if we get a season 4 house next year or not. If we don't get a new season before HHN 30 I feel like it's safer to assume we could get either a full season 3 house next year or a continuation of the season 3 house from this year, like a 'Part 2' to season 3.

Murdy said on his twitter that season 3 would be a very small portion of their house in Hollywood

Murdy said on his twitter that season 3 would be a very small portion of their house in Hollywood
That must be where I read it about Hollywood. But nothing official for the Orlando house in terms of the split between 2 and 3?

It should be relatively similar to last years house in terms of size. SS25 has a cooler temperature though!
That will be nice to have it much cooler in that house this year.

upload_2019-7-8_12-7-52.jpeg

This new poster looks really cool, it’s got the Demodogs on the bottom and it looks like we might see the monster from the new season by the look of the top of the poster as well which makes me wonder we might see them do battle with monster in not only the Starcourt Mall but also in Hoppers Cabin which are both good scenes to see in the house.

They really should just focus on season 3, wow what an amazing season! If we could have

the basement scene... starcourt... cabin... Russian base, a room of Erica’s roasting us... I’d be set.
I think that's probably what is going to happen next year, they might give next year season 3, season 4 after this season, I could see Netflix giving Stranger Things another green light for a season 4, if it happens, I don't doubt that Universal will have Stranger Things have it's final year at the event next year, I would not mind it, I just hope it doesn't get in the way of any other interesting and awesome ips and originals to come to the event next year.