Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Just cause the thought just occurred to me: Given the heights of the actors last year, and that you have to be 18 to work the event, is most of the cast female? Or just some petite teens/young adult men?
The latter.

The average performer height is between 5'6"-5'10." Even the average height for men now is only 5'9".

Just cause the thought just occurred to me: Given the heights of the actors last year, and that you have to be 18 to work the event, is most of the cast female? Or just some petite teens/young adult men?
It's a combination of the 2. They had a lot of females last year playing male roles, but due to the characters being taller in season 2 and 3 I'm sure they'll have more guys this year to fill some of the roles.

This really makes me excited and nervous, I can't wait to see what they're doing with this monster.

I do hope we see the Mindflayer above us during the Season 2 portion before we see the monster in the Starcourt Mall scene so we could get a better look at both versions.

This article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution implies that the actual Scoops Ahoy set might wind up at HHN (Although that is speculation):

‘Stranger Things’ dismantling what’s left of Starcourt...

" An employee helping dismantle the space who declined to be named because he wasn’t authorized to speak about it said he was told to nearly pack away the set of Scoops Ahoy intact, possibly for a future “Stranger Things” amusement park attraction. "

I can't see Universal bringing Stranger Things as year-round attraction it'll be like The Walking Dead where after awhile it'll sorta become outdated especially since the new horror store makes me think we might end up getting a House Of Horrors attraction fingers crossing on that happening.

This article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution implies that the actual Scoops Ahoy set might wind up at HHN (Although that is speculation):

‘Stranger Things’ dismantling what’s left of Starcourt...

" An employee helping dismantle the space who declined to be named because he wasn’t authorized to speak about it said he was told to nearly pack away the set of Scoops Ahoy intact, possibly for a future “Stranger Things” amusement park attraction. "

IF WE GET A SCOOPS AHOY DURING HHN I WILL POOP!!

The Stranger Things maze at Halloween Horror Nights 29 will focus on Season 3 of the show with new locations such as the Starcourt Mall and including the largest figure they have ever created, needing three people to puppet it.

With so much hype around the show, the maze at HHN has to faithfully create the story by planning months in advance under much secrecy. “We were on the set in Atlanta with Netflix before filming had finished, to see the scale of the sets,” says Braillard.

“We had to make sure we didn’t ruin it for anybody. Not just the fans of Halloween who are ravenous for information, but also the Netflix fans. Our sound stages were under lock and key with a 24-hour patrol. Our documents were encrypted, our production meetings had the door locked. You couldn’t be late for one of those meetings!”.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 | stranger and scarier than ever | blooloop

The Stranger Things maze at Halloween Horror Nights 29 will focus on Season 3 of the show with new locations such as the Starcourt Mall and including the largest figure they have ever created, needing three people to puppet it.

With so much hype around the show, the maze at HHN has to faithfully create the story by planning months in advance under much secrecy. “We were on the set in Atlanta with Netflix before filming had finished, to see the scale of the sets,” says Braillard.

1308BEBB-071A-4497-9313-224215A13D26.jpeg

If they manage to put a near full scale Battle of Starcourt Mall scene with a giant Mind Flayer puppet I think this will be my new favorite scene of all time.

“We had to make sure we didn’t ruin it for anybody. Not just the fans of Halloween who are ravenous for information, but also the Netflix fans. Our sound stages were under lock and key with a 24-hour patrol. Our documents were encrypted, our production meetings had the door locked. You couldn’t be late for one of those meetings!”.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 | stranger and scarier than ever | blooloop
This makes me very excited! Sounds as if Orlando will be doing mostly season 3 with some of season 2, while Hollywood may be doing the opposite.

This makes me very excited! Sounds as if Orlando will be doing mostly season 3 with some of season 2, while Hollywood may be doing the opposite.
I'm up for whatever way they pull off, I just cannot wait to see that effect, from the Demodogs to the Mindflayers, it should be really cool to be right in the middle of the action during the transitions.

It’ll certainly be interesting how they manage to implement Starcourt. My feeling is that this year the ST house will suffer the AHS effect; I just honestly don’t see them creating a better ST house than what we had last year.

BTW I finished season 3 the other night, and I can’t believe how beautiful that ending was. Of course they had to ruin it with the post credit teaser! It would have been a perfect ending to ST, but it seems they’re following the $ and doing more than 3 seasons now.

It’ll certainly be interesting how they manage to implement Starcourt. My feeling is that this year the ST house will suffer the AHS effect; I just honestly don’t see them creating a better ST house than what we had last year.

BTW I finished season 3 the other night, and I can’t believe how beautiful that ending was. Of course they had to ruin it with the post credit teaser! It would have been a perfect ending to ST, but it seems they’re following the $ and doing more than 3 seasons now.
I'm hoping that doesn't happen but also keeping an open mind going in.

They already planned to have the show go for 4-5 seasons, it'll likely end with season 4 but could end with 5.