Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

I sincerely hope they both reported the injury so that actor can be pulled.
People can get hit and it can also not be the actors fault. Costuming can have a big impact on a scareactors vision. Anytime someone has a mask especially it becomes crazy hard to see anything. Now idk what this actors costume is, but just reporting how things are.

But obviously for the safety of guests the actor did hopefully get taken off and show direction is making changes to the specific scare.

Idk if it’s just me but are the Demodog puppets really small to anyone else? It threw me off at first because I thought they would be AWIL size instead of the Resident Evil Dog size. Season 3 is the scarier half of this house IMO and the finale is awesome

Has anyone seen a Bob scareactor in the Bob Newby scene? During TM preview, it was a scareactor, but the 3 times I've done it since have had a mannequin on the floor, surrounded by demo-dogs.

People can get hit and it can also not be the actors fault. Costuming can have a big impact on a scareactors vision. Anytime someone has a mask especially it becomes crazy hard to see anything. Now idk what this actors costume is, but just reporting how things are.

But obviously for the safety of guests the actor did hopefully get taken off and show direction is making changes to the specific scare.

Sorry, should've been clearer. I'm not saying the actor should have been necessarily reprimanded or fired, but clearly that position was posing an immediate/repeated danger and needed to be reexamiend ASAP. If there was any malicious intent they would've caught it on monitors upon review. I also agree that no prop should be so heavy to cause that sort of injury so easily.

Has anyone seen a Bob scareactor in the Bob Newby scene? During TM preview, it was a scareactor, but the 3 times I've done it since have had a mannequin on the floor, surrounded by demo-dogs.

I have no intel here, but generally actors on the ground (unless completely separated from guest access) is a huge no-no for safety.

How does this even happen at this point? We're 29 years in and cast changes are a surprise?

Its just weird to hear about so many silly mistakes this year.

Yet people complain when the same things and types of scares happen again and again. So, dunno what to tell you.

Because you can’t test these things with just average attendees walking through until EP.

Yet people complain when the same things and types of scares happen again and again. So, dunno what to tell you.

Isn't this something that can be tested with a stop watch before hand and has nothing to do with guest interaction? I have no idea what the actual times are, but if it takes more than X amount of time to get into place and ready on a cast change. If it isn't possible then find out if there are cheats to nearly achieve the effect or ditch the gag.

Isn't this something that can be tested with a stop watch before hand and has nothing to do with guest interaction? I have no idea what the actual times are, but if it takes more than X amount of time to get into place and ready on a cast change. If it isn't possible then find out if there are cheats to nearly achieve the effect or ditch the gag.

Well you have to account for stopping the line and yadda yadda. That’s where the guest part comes in.

So... what's with the "Eleven" in the scene where they're all in the cabin and she's saving the day? I don't want it to sound like i'm picking on anyone, but for the life of me I don't understand how Netflix approved of that casting. All of the other Eleven's look practically spot on and then... yeah.

I'm not gonna lie, it really took me out of the immersion.

So... what's with the "Eleven" in the scene where they're all in the cabin and she's saving the day? I don't want it to sound like i'm picking on anyone, but for the life of me I don't understand how Netflix approved of that casting. All of the other Eleven's look practically spot on and then... yeah.

The wig they gave Billy lolol....:lol:

I went through the first Sunday night fo the event and the Eleven in that room in my walkthrough looked spot on! She was really into it too. However, I have seen videos on media night and some of the Elevens in that room did look a little off.

It was said before the event started, but I just got direct confirmation from a team member.

According to one of the puppeteers that handles the Mindflayer, one person controls the head and mouth while there’s one person per leg that moves: ie, three. Now that being said, has anyone seen the Mindflayer’s legs move!?

It was said before the event started, but I just got direct confirmation from a team member.

According to one of the puppeteers that handles the Mindflayer, one person controls the head and mouth while there’s one person per leg that moves: ie, three. Now that being said, has anyone seen the Mindflayer’s legs move!?

some of the little legs were moving