HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks, I know in 2018 they seemed to have a better variety of premium beers across the tents, but last year it turned into Pulp Friction at all of them so I had to lean more on the Florida Brewing stuff that’s already in the park.

And fully aware of Psuedo Sue - that was my first beer back at a theme park last summer. Kinda crazy how under the radar it is at the kiosk in JP for what it is.
Agreed, absolutely phenomenal pale ale. I think I've seen some Cigar City options in the tents before as well, but macro beers rule the day in most of UO.

Agreed, absolutely phenomenal pale ale. I think I've seen some Cigar City options in the tents before as well, but macro beers rule the day in most of UO.
Ranked number 5 on beer advocate for the style. That's pretty absurdly high for a volume rated beer in a common category. I honestly had no idea about this.

Odd tip: (S)Carey is one of the first houses to open, but it is one of the worst to do in daylight. On the whole, I think the soundstages work better before dark.

Last night, they were splitting the Springfield crowd up by house. BJ/HH went directly into a line stretching from KidZone thru Central Park. No food/drink options, no chairs, no shade.

Also, is Dufftoberfest being sold this year?

Yes. For everything else, best variety of beer in tent by Starbucks.

I'm disappointed that there are actual lines for the Springfield S&S houses now. I always liked that I could chill and get dinner without worry that I could just move towards the house entrances about 20 mins before they opened.

Reactions: Clive
I'm disappointed that there are actual lines for the Springfield S&S houses now. I always liked that I could chill and get dinner without worry that I could just move towards the house entrances about 20 mins before they opened.
Technically you don’t *have* to get in line. You can still chill, you’ll just be about 5 minutes behind everyone else who’s going in, but at least you’re still ahead of the crowds at the gates.

Technically you don’t *have* to get in line. You can still chill, you’ll just be about 5 minutes behind everyone else who’s going in, but at least you’re still ahead of the crowds at the gates.
That's true. They go through the S&S crowd fast.

Do they keep you in line as you walk from the S&S to the house?

That seemed to be the case for BJ/HH but I didn't experience. For Scarey, we walked through the extended Kang & Kodos queue (btw, they actually thought people would wait 2 hours for a spinner?) before kind of being released into the wild up by the MiB store.

Reactions: DestinationDoug
Thanks, I'm actually really glad to hear that. I was always at the front of the New York S&S, and absolutely hated all of the jostling and trying to get by people that took place on the way to Ghostbusters or Stranger Things or whatever.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I was planning on doing Springfield S&S, but am still undecided on which house to hit first. I feel like my final decision is largely going to come down to how bad the light leakage is in each of the houses in that area. Could somebody tell me how they compare to each other, and which houses in that area have the least issues with light?

Reactions: uso345
I was planning on doing Springfield S&S, but am still undecided on which house to hit first. I feel like my final decision is largely going to come down to how bad the light leakage is in each of the houses in that area. Could somebody tell me how they compare to each other, and which houses in that area have the least issues with light?

You're most likely gonna' encounter very little issues (if any) for any parade warehouse (Hill House & Beetlejuice) or soundstage house. (Save for the early evening in 28 when one of the big soundstage doors in Poltergeist was open.)

Historically the venues which have had comments of light leakage are the MIB and Sprung tents, now I had no issues with light leakage in any of those venues in 29, but I've seen some comments here and there that Welcome to (S)carey is better at night than during the day. An considering the facades for the Sprung tents, it's better hitting those up at night for the full effect.

Beetlejuice and then Hill House. And then just knock out the rest of the tents.

With 2AM closures most days now, the last two hours wait times drop significantly. Very surprised at how empty it was after 1AM. Beetlejuice and Hill house were walk-ons.

Reactions: SeventyOne
How many days are 2 am closures vs last hhn? Were they mostly 1 am? I usually did the multi night with stay and scream and left kinda early .

How many days are 2 am closures vs last hhn? Were they mostly 1 am? I usually did the multi night with stay and scream and left kinda early .

Don't know how many 2am nights 29 had, but it wasn't as much as this year. Normally the 2am nights didn't kick in till October.
Also, the last hour or so is one of the best times to hit up any of the houses (even for 1am closures). In 29 I ended the nights with chaining the tents and parade warehouses, each one a walk on.

any tips on going solo? I was going with 2 other friends but that is not going to happen. already have hotel ,My favorite RPR.
plane tickets. Now it looks like I'm going by myself. I've done the parks solo a few times but never HHN. been going since 2003
I will have express, so I don't spend a long time in lines , that seems boring with no one to talk with. anyone done this and was it
still exciting ? thanks

any tips on going solo? I was going with 2 other friends but that is not going to happen. already have hotel ,My favorite RPR.
plane tickets. Now it looks like I'm going by myself. I've done the parks solo a few times but never HHN. been going since 2003
I will have express, so I don't spend a long time in lines , that seems boring with no one to talk with. anyone done this and was it
still exciting ? thanks
There is a UOR single riders Facebook group where you can figure out who else will be there as a single rider that day to meet up. I haven't used it for HHN before though.

I did a night solo (unplanned) back at 27. My friend became very sick from his dinner around 8:00 so he bailed and went back to the hotel. I took a couple of laps around the park and enjoyed the scare zones with a drink and then bought the "after 11:00" Express Pass and did a marathon of all the houses and a spin on Mummy. It's obviously more fun with others, but it was still a good night.