HHN Drink Changes | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Drink Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of my favorite aspects of HHN is the alcohol. I love taking overpriced shots of Fireball whisky with my friends in between houses and getting mixed drinks from the bar tents. My friends and I have never disrespected Universal, it's property or it's employees. While I understand the reasoning behind this and can get behind it (if the reasoning is to curtail the irresponsible drinkers), it sucks that it comes at the cost of us responsible ones. As with everyone else, we will be resorting to a harder pre-game. I just feel bad for the ladies (and my little brother) of our group who don't like beer or sugary drinks. They usually have mixed drinks and wine. Pretty upset, this will be our biggest year yet with two hospitality suites w/ two add on 2 queen bedrooms to hold 20 people, many of whom are flying down. I think a great middle ground would be bringing liquor to the rest of the bars (i.e. Duff's) and adding wine to the tent bars. That's something I could get behind 100%.

One of my favorite aspects of HHN is the alcohol. I love taking overpriced shots of Fireball whisky with my friends in between houses and getting mixed drinks from the bar tents. My friends and I have never disrespected Universal, it's property or it's employees. While I understand the reasoning behind this and can get behind it (if the reasoning is to curtail the irresponsible drinkers), it sucks that it comes at the cost of us responsible ones. As with everyone else, we will be resorting to a harder pre-game. I just feel bad for the ladies (and my little brother) of our group who don't like beer or sugary drinks. They usually have mixed drinks and wine. Pretty upset, this will be our biggest year yet with two hospitality suites w/ two add on 2 queen bedrooms to hold 20 people, many of whom are flying down. I think a great middle ground would be bringing liquor to the rest of the bars (i.e. Duff's) and adding wine to the tent bars. That's something I could get behind 100%.
And with your mention of Fireball shots I need to post this again. I am missing being there this year more than I thought I would.
meet1.jpg

Reactions: Joel

If they're aiming for higher throughput, a white, red and bubbly choice at the beer and premix tents is a good idea. Liquor distributed to other full service bars is also a good idea.

Reactions: Joel and Disneyhead
I wonder if pizza sales are up...I didn't take a picture last night, by my goodness, placing ever bar sign for the pop up tents in front of the restaurant in the kid zone that no one knows is there, does that drive folks to that food spot??

Reactions: graspthesun
Besides adding wine to beer tents, were there any changes made from last weekend to this one? Finnegans any different? Any liquor added anywhere else?

Stools were back at Duff Brewery last night. Finns still using switchbacks. Also word is liquor was pulled (at start of event) from the much-hyped slushee drinks.

Scuttlebutt is putting this decision on a single executive.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Joel
I wonder if pizza sales are up...I didn't take a picture last night, by my goodness, placing ever bar sign for the pop up tents in front of the restaurant in the kid zone that no one knows is there, does that drive folks to that food spot??
That's where the pizza fries are sold. There was about a 20 minute wait the first night when I went through there.

Stools were back at Duff Brewery last night. Finns still using switchbacks. Also word is liquor was pulled (at start of event) from the much-hyped slushee drinks.

The Orange and Purple dranks in the square cups didn't have alcohol?

I mean I could tell from drinking them but...

I think that was in reference to slushee drinks at Duff's

I think the point is they have these three or four flavors (like s'mores) all over the place for $5, but it is easy to guess that those drinks were meant to at least have floaters or something.

Very odd feel all around for me last night, but I also think it was a slow night last night.

The Orange and Purple dranks in the square cups didn't have alcohol?

I mean I could tell from drinking them but...
the Orange and Purple dranks at the Bar tents have alcohol. They made a big deal of showing the awesome specialty frozen drinks with alcohol, think it was Candy Corn, Pumpkin Pie, and something else that had alcohol pulled. Shame I was actually going to try one.

Reactions: Joel
-_-

That's definitely possible. It wouldn't be the first I've heard of a single executive wielding a lot of power over this year. But the cost-loss of the shooters, and the potential for a negative backlash (which we kinda say through social media) would require a LOT of explaining.

An individual had to make the decision, but there had to be extenuating circumstances that justify it to them and everyone else.

Reactions: SeventyOne
-_-

That's definitely possible. It wouldn't be the first I've heard of a single executive wielding a lot of power over this year. But the cost-loss of the shooters, and the potential for a negative backlash (which we kinda say through social media) would require a LOT of explaining.

An individual had to make the decision, but there had to be extenuating circumstances that justify it to them and everyone else.
I think the biggest surprise is I would have thought they learned their lesson with the snafu of the Volcano Bay menu.

Hey everyone go check out these specialty ohhhhhhh ooops

What amazes me is how last minute this was. This ended up costing them some real money, whereas had they made this decision a month ago they could have implemented it better.

Reactions: SeventyOne